ATLAS & Waypoint App - FAQ

Windows Phone Download
Android Download
Apple Download

Official Information
Official bugs thread
Official FAQ

Halo Waypoint:
The application is free for all devices, it lets you browse the blogs, view stats, compare, send messages, pin feeds, and so much more.
The Halo Waypoint application is the gateway to ATLAS, it is a prerequisite.

ATLAS:
ATLAS, a new sub-application developed by 343i Industries and Brady games, was released today (12/10/2011).

FAQ:
Q: Which platforms is the application available on?
A: Windows phone, Android and iOS

Windows Phone 7.5
iOS devices with OS version 4.3 or higher (iPhone 3GS, iPhone4, iPhone4S, iPad1, iPad2, and select iPod Touch devices)
Android devices running Android 2.2 or higher (Android 3.0 tablets will run the Android 2 application in compatibility mode)

Q: How much does it cost?
Q: Windows Phone: Free
iOS: $4.99 USD.

Q: How do I find it?
A: ATLAS for Windows Phone 7 is not strictly an application, it is an update for the previous version of Halo Waypoint. You can download this from the marketplace from your phone, or using your Zune software. It should bring you up to version 1.3.
The Halo Waypoint App has also come to iOS, downloading it will download ATLAS.
*Not yet confirmed.

Q: What does it do?
A: ATLAS brings your Halo Reach maps to your phone, iPod, iPad, or Android Device. It allows you to learn weapon spawns, vehicle spawns, locations of health packs, for Matchmaking and Firefight variants. It also allows you to view, live, during a game, your position on the map, a near-live stream of your allies, what weapons they are holding, and access to a dynamic list of players with their current score, in game.

Q: Isn’t it an in game advantage?
A: Not really, the time you spend looking at the screen will take away from the time you spend playing the game. During Matchmaking, it will not display what weapons your allies are holding, this feature is only enabled during custom games.

Q: How do I sync it with my game?
A: When you are in a game, at the top of the “Select Map” list on ATLAS, you’re game should be displayed. If not, try tapping the map you are playing on, letting it load, switch to illustrated mode, let it load, then the next time you play a game on that map, the feature should work.*
*Note this has only been tested by myself.

Q: Switching to Illustrated mode only shows a black screen, what’s up?
A: Check your data connection, as your device may need to load the content.

Q: I get an error saying “Unable to sign in”, what do I do?
A: The solution I’ve found to work is go to your (phone’s) browser, enter xbox.com, load the page and sign in.

More information

> Since I have a HTC Evo 3d and it’s not compatible, I used my old Xperia Play to download it. Then I backed it up to the SD card and used that to install it on my Evo. It works perfectly fine. I can log in and I even bought the Atlas section which also works properly. It’s not full screen but it definately works.

Bugs:
If you find a bug, or have a question, report it in this thread. Please state your platform (iPad, iPhone, WP, etc), and your operating system (WP 7.5, etc), as well as the feature you were trying to access, and reproduction steps.

Known Bugs:

• Sword Base weapons layout displayed is the shipped version, not the current Matchmaking variant, featuring a Sniper Rifle.
  • Forge World option is essentially useless, it doesn’t display any weapons or vehicles. Although it is better to have it than not have it at all.
  • Doesn’t display that a game has ended.

Curious, if the only way to access ATLAS on all three platforms is by the Waypoint App, wouldn’t it be smart to make this a Waypoint & ATLAS FAQ & Bug Reporting topic?

That’s only if its exclusively accessible through the Waypoint App though.

> Curious, if the only way to access ATLAS on all three platforms is by the Waypoint App, wouldn’t it be smart to make this a Waypoint & ATLAS FAQ & Bug Reporting topic?
>
> That’s only if its exclusively accessible through the Waypoint App though.

Thought of that before, and I cannot think of my reasoning for not including the application as a whole… Ok, I’ll add it.

> > Curious, if the only way to access ATLAS on all three platforms is by the Waypoint App, wouldn’t it be smart to make this a Waypoint & ATLAS FAQ & Bug Reporting topic?
> >
> > That’s only if its exclusively accessible through the Waypoint App though.
>
> Thought of that before, and I cannot think of my reasoning for not including the application as a whole… Ok, I’ll add it.

It was just a suggestion, I would type it up in a Word document and paste it in if its included in the App.

By very soon, you mean TODAY correct? I mean it is supposed to come out today for android… so wasn’t sure if the bad boy was delayed :confused:

> By very soon, you mean TODAY correct? I mean it is supposed to come out today for android… so wasn’t sure if the bad boy was delayed :confused:

It should be out in a few hours, I think. It is hard to tell. Less than a day would be a safe prediction.

I got the update on my phone and it keeps coming up “unable to sign in”, I tried signing in at Xbox.com and restarting my phone but neither worked.

> I got the update on my phone and it keeps coming up “unable to sign in”, I tried signing in at Xbox.com and restarting my phone but neither worked.

Still nothing over on iOS.

> I got the update on my phone and it keeps coming up “unable to sign in”, I tried signing in at Xbox.com and restarting my phone but neither worked.

Try getting on a wifi network if possible.

It’s LIVE in the UK App Store.

> It’s LIVE in the UK App Store.

Unfortunately, I don’t think you can link to apple apps. But yes, I’ve heard the news :slight_smile: Enjoy. Can you confirm that ATLAS is an extension that costs $5, or do you pay for the lot?

It’s out in the US App store. Search Atlas Halo

> > It’s LIVE in the UK App Store.
>
> Unfortunately, I don’t think you can link to apple apps. But yes, I’ve heard the news :slight_smile: Enjoy. Can you confirm that ATLAS is an extension that costs $5, or do you pay for the lot?

In app purchase. :slight_smile:

> > > It’s LIVE in the UK App Store.
> >
> > Unfortunately, I don’t think you can link to apple apps. But yes, I’ve heard the news :slight_smile: Enjoy. Can you confirm that ATLAS is an extension that costs $5, or do you pay for the lot?
>
> In app purchase. :slight_smile:

I didn’t even think of that… I forgot iOS supported that. I don’t think Android does, so it may handle it differently…

You have to buy it and access ATLAS through the Waypoint App, it’s not separate.

I’ve found a bug I believe, although I don’t know it if is intentional.

ATLAS is refusing to tell me if I am in a game in progress on Firefight and I am unable to track the game itself.

Phone: iPhone 3GS

Damn i don’t have my credit card linked to my android . Snap. oh well i will do it later :stuck_out_tongue:

Bug: Game ends but ATLAS doesn’t think so, as well as not notifying, I am required to restart the whole Waypoint App as a whole to make it stop showing my last game as a ‘Game in Progress’ for ATLAS.

Steps: Finish playing a game using ATLAS and then it will show your last game is still in progress on the map selection screen.

Phone: iPhone 3GS - iOS 5.0.1

> > It’s LIVE in the UK App Store.
>
> Unfortunately, I don’t think you can link to apple apps.

wut?

Halo Waypoint app isn’t compatible with my Verizon HTC Thunderbolt (Android 2.2).

D: