Athletic Ability

Wouldn’t it be great if we could show off the SPARTAN’s hyper-athletic abilities? for example, while sprinting, hold crouch at the same time and you could slide along the ground.

lol, a big fat dude can slide on the ground with enough grease!
I want to see backflips, wall climbs, “Batman-ing”, wall runs, etc.!!!

Think what a Spartan Super soldier should REALLY be. Captain America in an Iron Man suit. BOOM!

I think this is a Great idea the spartans should be able to do all sorts of acrobatic and athletic moves like in the halo wars cinematics, I think it should be in all gamemodes but there should be specific playlists for it in multiplayer

I can understand limitations in multiplayer but campaign needs some improvement. Sure I’m told I’m some supersoldier but the game hardly plays like it. My character ends up being a slow, floaty jumper that hardly creates any sort of impression.

I’ve played some Crysis recently and it conveys the sensation better. Shame about the multiplayer butchering though.

Actually, I was thinking since they took out sprint, something like “Reflex Booster” could be a very cool AA. Maybe sprint faster, jump higher, move quicker, wall jump, and slide. I see it as evade and sprint thrown together. But, I like Armor Ablilities, so Im a little biased. I think they need one more AA to replace Sprint since everyone can sprint now.

> I can understand limitations in multiplayer but campaign needs some improvement. Sure I’m told I’m some supersoldier but the game hardly plays like it. My character ends up being a slow, floaty jumper that hardly creates any sort of impression.

Spot on.

CE: I’m a leader, not a follower. I can do incredible feats, surprising myself at times. Every weapon I pick up and use produces unprecedented death and mayhem. I can’t move scenery items but the simple fact that I can move scorpions <mark>and pelicans</mark> a little with a mere punch is satisfying.

H2: No longer feel like a leader, feel more vulnerable, yet I can still pull off incredible stuff thanks to new arsenal: BR, energy sword, Black Eye and Sputnik skulls. Plus, there’s plenty of room for me to shine, without cutscenes taking up too much exploration/action potential.

But playing as Arbiter is where I really shine. I feel like a leader, don’t feel underpowered thanks to camo and somewhat better guns, and there’s a very intricate plot going on.

One disappointment is that I can’t move scenery objects that are bigger than me easily with a melee. Another is that vehicle physics are annoying, with hover height drastically reduced for all Covie vehicles and it’s hard to parallel park and position with the hog.

H3: I feel slower than ever, still vulnerable and still not a leader. I don’t get to do much in cutscenes. And in gameplay, combat is somewhat mediocre. Noob combo is what I have to resort to most of the time. Also, how come my allies and enemies can move big crates but I can’t even get it to budge? How come Arby gets to super jump? Vehicles still feel awkward and they lack H2’s traction. When I’m wielding a support weapon, with a little force increase via Cowbell, if I get shot by Carbine shots, I get flung back. I can understand it pushing back hogs but I don’t see how it can move a Spartan II. Getting pushed back by the auto-turret is more believable.

ODST: I’m a badass ODST.

Reach: Why the -Yoink- does my cutscene counterpart take down numerous Elites so easily and take so much damage while unshielded as well in-game Noble Team while I and my trooper allies get shot down by Grunts and Jackals?

How the heck does my hog flip if I go over a small rock?

Marine drivers, oh God…

I’d choose this over any other AA. Would need to hold town the AA button while using sprint.

I have thought about this concept at length and I came to the conclusion that sliding on your back, something lower than crouching, would not benefit gameplay. Crouching while Sprinting should causes your Spartan to dig his heels into the ground and come to a stop while in the Crouch position. Looking at a player do this would look like he transitioned from Sprinting, to Crouching but sliding forward fast, and finally to a stop while crouched.