At a loss for words

Edited by Moderator - Please do not flame/attack others, make nonconstructive posts, or bypass the profanity filter.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

So I don’t know which of you fuckboys up at 343i decided that a DLC adventure was a good idea, but you are directly contributing to the decline of video games.
I paid 60 dollars for this game, and now you want me to pay 60 more for more maps?
Heres a noble idea, release the maps for free. OR ACTUALLY JK ITS NOT FOR FREE. WE PAID 60 DOLLARS FOR THIS PEICE OF CRAP GAME WHY DON’T YOU TAKE ALL OF THAT MONEY AND USE IT TO RELEASE THE MAPS THAT WE ALREADY PAID FOR.

I’m tierd of playing haven and ragnarok. the games only been out for like 3 months and its already stale, for the love of christ why not release some of these maps for free. Not everyone has there parents credit card redily available to blow more money up your -Yoink-.

>

People work. Also $60? I got all three for $25 along with some armour.

I agree with him, there are people who never get to play the Reach maps they paid for a long time ago because too many new players bought the game used and won’t buy the DLC.

Back in the day (Halo 2) they used to make the maps free after a few months. I would still buy them on launch day but it meant I could play them with everyone in a few months time.

UMadBro?
Calm down.

Calm down Caboose…

cry moar

Chill out, OP

Believe it or not, people actually need to work to create the maps we play. It’s only fair that we pay them for the time and effort they put into creating extra content. It’s been that way in every Halo game that has DLC accompanying it.

lol @ people work.

Yeah i work too but that doesn’t mean after rent, bills, and car payments, and food, as well as paying for college that i have very much money to pay for a video game that i already spent money on. Its not that its impossible to acquire enough money for the maps its that you shouldn’t even have to.

And ya whatever @ maps costing money to make, if they made forge decent enough they could let user generated maps eventually flow into matchmaking, people that play the game a lot of the time are just as talented at making maps as the ones being paid to, if you want an example of how that could work just look at farcry 3, sure the MP is broken but they have a system set in place where you vote for maps and the ones that are actually good have a chance to work there way into various playlists.

and @ you guys saying calm down, why would I?
I’ve played video games all my life and to see that most games coming out have DLC pre planned is exactly not what should be happening.

Releasing a game at 75% and making the extra 25% that would make a complete game cost more money is ridiculous.

The days when map packs were FREE after 2 months… I miss those days.

I get your anger, but it isn’t like 343i themselves charge for the maps. I mean the quality of the maps is on them and Certain Affinity, but the price is something they choose. I don’t much care for the choices they made in Halo 4, be they because of pressure to ship the game out by Microsoft or otherwise, but blaming a developer for the decline of videogames is counterproductive. If they made their own schedule and cut out the rush to release, you may have a point, but not here.

Still doesn’t mean you are entitled to free stuff though.

$60? Okay, who is screwing you over at your local retailer? It’s 800MSP per pack. That’s $10 US. So the three map packs bought individually should still total only $30.

We got 10 maps to start and now 9 more just a scant 5 months after release. Seems pretty good to me.

You do realize developers are not cheaply paid right? New content has to be developed to keep paying people’s paychecks.

Ok that’s fair, I am upset and just putting 343 on the first post may have been a misrepresentation of where my anger is directed becuase your right, it is a number of factors.

But what I don’t understand is why you would say getting free stuff. It’s not getting free stuff, Its not free if you paid good money for it already.

its unlikely that more maps would stop you from playing haven and ragnarok most of the time.

What you need is more than one gametype in each playlist.
If its just
Big Team Infinity Slayer on Ragnarok
Big Team Infinity Slayer on Vortex
Big Team Infinity Slayer on something else

Then ragnarok will still be chosen most of the time.

You need more gametypes to influence the way people vote.
Big Team Infinity Slayer on Ragnarok
Big Team CTF on Vortex
Big Team Snipers on Exile

having more gametypes will alter the way people vote each and every time

1 Gametype = FAIL : More Gametypes FTW