Astro's Halo 6 script - Halo: Tempest - And beyond

Hey folks! A couple of years ago I wrote a Halo 5 script, based on the direction of Halo 4 and Spartan Ops. You can check it out if you like.
Well now I’m back with a script for Halo 6 named Halo: Tempest.
Since Halo 5’s release, my mind has been racing ahead to where the next game will take us, and seeing as I had a bit of fun writing the last one, I figured I’d give Halo 6 a go too.
A few points before I get started. I don’t sympathise with 343 with regards to Halo 5’s story, so I’m going to try and right a few wrongs along the way (cough cough Jul 'Mdama). The campaign will be a whopping 16 missions long (with no ‘walkabout’ missions), and I pretty much have the plot locked down in my head, so I’ll list the mission below as a bit of a tease and add some lazy links when I post new mission, which will probably be every other day or so.
Feel free to post your own ideas, if I think they’re cool or better than what I had planned, I’ll try to work them in.

P.S. Some of the links below stopped working after the site update, but they should be working fine now.
I also added dates showing each time I have added a mission. It’s taking a bit longer than I expected, but I suppose you can’t rush quality, aha.

00 - Prologue - Added 4/27/16
01 - Sanghelios - Added 4/29/16
02 - Martinet - Added 5/2/16
03 - The Forge - Added 5/7/16
04 - One Freedom - Added 5/13/16
05 - High Noon - Added 5/20/16
06 - Zero-Zero - Added 5/27/16
07 - The Solution - Added 6/1/16
08 - Installation 01 - Added 6/7/16
09 - Montero - Added 6/21/16
10 - Counter Moves - Added 7/1/16
11 - The Traitor - Added 7/12/16
12 - CINCONI - Added 7/26/16
13 - Parasite - Added 8/8/16
14 - Infinity Actual - Added 08/25/16
15 - Cerberus - Added 08/29/16
16 - Denouement - Added 09/09/16
17 - Epilogue - Added 09/10/16

Post Game Media
2018-2020 (Page 13)
2021-2023 (Page 13)
2024-2026 (Page 14)
2027-2028 (Page 14)

The Chief will have 7 missions while Locke has 6, leaving 3 for Palmer. Yes I gave Palmer a few missions, but stick with me, they will be good I promise.
The entire Campaign will be split in to 3 distinctive acts; Act 1 being mission 1-3, Act 2 being missions 4-9 and mission 10-16 being Act 3. The locations we’ll be visiting include Sanghelios (obviously, haha), the Ark, Gao, Beta Halo and Earth.
There will be character returns, character deaths. Laughter and tears. But if nothing else, it will at least be a decent read.

So lets get started.

Prologue

The scene opens inside what is clearly an ONI office. The point of view is from behind the office chair, facing the desk and the far wall. To the right, a door opens, and a tall women dressed in ONI uniform walks in, her head out of shot. Without the camera moving, she walks off the screen to the left and then comes back into shot sitting down in the chair so that all you can see of her is the back of her head.

Osman: BB?

On the desk, a small holo-deck lights up and a floating blue cube appears above it, slowly rotating.

Black Box: Yes, Sir?

Osman: Bring up the latest intel from Infinity.

The large screen on the far wall lights up, showing video footage of guardians rising from the ground, specifically from the Halo 5 trailers and Meridian.

Osman: I see Meridian, what about Sanghelios?

Black Box: Ground forces were deployed, though after the assault on Sunaion began, we received-wait, something just pinged on our senso-

Everything goes dark with the sound of electricals cutting out.

Osman: What just happened?!

Black Box: It would appear that we’ve suffered an EMP attack. That or Parangoski thinks it’s past your bed time.

Osman: Guardians? Here?

Black Box: Perhaps. An object matching their signature just appeared above the Atlantic, but I’m receiving no feeds from above ground.

Osman: What do you have?

Black Box: Limited functionality. Though it appears some of our systems are still operational. I guess it pays to bury yourself this far underground.

Osman: Good. I want everyone on full alert, get a team working on reaching the surface. I want to know what’s going on. Oh, and BB…how much air do we have?

Black Box: Well, that depends on how nice you are to me.

The sound of whining Pelican engines grows louder. The image comes back showing a Pelican swooping in towards a Sangheili camp. As it descends, the Arbiter, Halsey and Palmer exit the camp tent and watch the craft touchdown. The bay door opens up and out walks the Master Chief and Spartan Locke, Halsey stepping forward to great them.

Halsey: Took you long enough.

Chief: Dr Halsey, its good to see you.

Halsey: It’s been too long. You look…different.

Chief: I could say the same. (tilting his head to her arm)

Halsey: I have Sarah to thank for that. (Palmer scoffs in the background), though I do have to take some credit myself. I’m made a few poor choices recently.

Chief: You were never very good at keeping yourself out of trouble, Doctor.

Halsey: What? I have no idea what you’re talking about.

At this point the rest of Blue Team exit the Pelican and walk past the two of them.

Linda: Warm Blanket?

Fred: Castle Base?

Kelly: Onyx?

Halsey: Hmm, point taken. (rubbing the back of her neck with her hand)

The scene then moves to the Buck, Tanaka, Vale and Exuberant exiting the Pelican.

Buck: I mean, why Sanghelios? You could have at least taken us to somewhere with a bar.

Exuberant: I do not understand. With Cortana activating the Guardians, I don’t think now is the time to render yourself less fit for combat.

Vale: Its a Human thing. You’ll get used to it.

Exuberant: Oh

Tanaka: What he means to say is, thanks for the ride. (Turning to Buck) Don’t worry Buck, you’re still buying the first round.

Buck: A Sangheili Sunrise. Shaken, not glassed. You’re having one to Xu.

As the sun begins to rise over the coast, a faint blue spark appears in the sky, glowing and pulsating. The Arbiter walks toward them

Arbiter: That is no sunrise!

Locke: (Turning to see) That’s a slipspace rupture…

The blue spark bursts into life and a guardian appears above the ocean. Everybody then turns to see, some stepping forward as if to get a closer look as a large ball of light begins to grow in front of it.

Halsey: It’s charging it main weapon!

Chief: Everybody! Find Cover!

The guardian fires its main weapon, sending a wave of energy towards the coastal camp.

Palmer: Brace for impact!

As the wave reaches the coast and washes over the camp, the screen cuts to black. The title appears on the screen…

Halo: Tempest

Certainly well written. You show a grasp of characterizations that are accurate. However, I feel that I should point out what I feel to be somewhat of a caveat:
Every Halo sequel has always started a period of time after the end of the previous game; enough time that significant events occur between the gaps in games. This opening script deviates from that trend, picking up literally where Halo 5 leaves off. Something to consider.

This is going to take a while but here I go.

> 2533274817408735;3:
> Certainly well written. You show a grasp of characterizations that are accurate. However, I feel that I should point out what I feel to be somewhat of a caveat:
> Every Halo sequel has always started a period of time after the end of the previous game; enough time that significant events occur between the gaps in games. This opening script deviates from that trend, picking up literally where Halo 5 leaves off. Something to consider.

If you ask me, I think the way Astrogenesis wrote this works better with the way Halo 5 ended.

> 2535437652903765;5:
> > 2533274817408735;3:
> > Certainly well written. You show a grasp of characterizations that are accurate. However, I feel that I should point out what I feel to be somewhat of a caveat:
> > Every Halo sequel has always started a period of time after the end of the previous game; enough time that significant events occur between the gaps in games. This opening script deviates from that trend, picking up literally where Halo 5 leaves off. Something to consider.
>
>
> If you ask me, I think the way Astrogenesis wrote this works better with the way Halo 5 ended.

Funny you should bring up the point about the sequels picking up after a significant amount of time. The first mission ‘Sanghelios’ will in fact pick up in the Vadam Keep, about a week after the prologue. This would allow Halsey to work her technical magic and get a few systems up and running, but also allow the characters to physically get to the Vadam Keep.
The reason I decided to open with the final scene of Halo 5 was because I felt that it would be an injustice to skip over Chief and Halsey’s reunion. I feel this is something book fans would have been looking forward to, and cutting to black at the end of the game was a bit of an anti climax.
Then there was the distribution of the guardians.
We know Cortana sent one to Earth, so I assumed she’d spread the others out to the significant worlds too, considering she wasn’t sure where Infinity was. I figured it wouldn’t make much sense for one to show up at Sanghelios a week later.
As for the scene with Osman and BB, they will become relevant to the story later in the campaign, so I decided to add a quick reintroduction so that it doesn’t feel too much of a ‘pulled this character outta nowhere’ later on.

Thanks for the comments though :slight_smile: it’s nice to be appreciated.
I should have most if not all of the first mission out by this time tomorrow. I’m looking forward to bringing back a certain ‘dead’ character, haha!

Are you bringing Johnson back?

I read your Halo 5 plot and I thought it was pretty cool. Excited for how this one turns out.

> 2533274810945725;1:
> Hey folks! A couple of years ago I wrote a Halo 5 script, based on the direction of Halo 4 and Spartan Ops. You can check it out if you like.
> Well now I’m back with a script for Halo 6 named Halo: Tempest.
> Since Halo 5’s release, my mind has been racing ahead to where the next game will take us, and seeing as I had a bit of fun writing the last one, I figured I’d give Halo 6 a go too.
> A few points before I get started. I don’t sympathise with 343 with regards to Halo 5’s story, so I’m going to try and right a few wrongs along the way (cough cough Jul 'Mdama). The campaign will be a whopping 16 missions long (with no ‘walkabout’ missions), and I pretty much have the plot locked down in my head, so I’ll list the mission below as a bit of a tease and add some lazy links when I post new mission, which will probably be every other day or so.
> Feel free to post your own ideas, if I think they’re cool or better than what I had planned, I’ll try to work them in.
>
> Prologue
> 01 - Sanghelios
> 02 - Martinet
> 03 - The Forge
> 04 - One Freedom
> 05 - High Noon
> 06 - Zero-Zero
> 07 - The Solution
> 08 - Installation 01
> 09 - Montero
> 10 - Counter Moves
> 11 - CINCONI
> 12 - The Traitor
> 13 - Parasite
> 14 - Adelaide
> 15 - Cerberus
> 16 - Denouement
> Epilogue
>
> The Chief will have 7 missions while Locke has 6, leaving 3 for Palmer. Yes I gave Palmer a few missions, but stick with me, they will be good I promise.
> The entire Campaign will be split in to 3 distinctive acts; Act 1 being mission 1-3, Act 2 being missions 4-9 and mission 10-16 being Act 3. The locations we’ll be visiting include Sanghelios (obviously, haha), the Ark, Gao, Beta Halo and Earth.
> There will be character returns, character deaths. Laughter and tears. But if nothing else, it will at least be a decent read.
>
> So lets get started.

Dude, the Walk-about missions are fantastic. As I heard described here(which I solely agree with), “There’s so much you can do with this sort of thing, and I think a much more worthwhile discussion can be had regarding how Halo can continue to expand on this concept rather than saying it should be tossed out the airlock altogether as some have suggested. I am very much somebody of the opinion that Halo needs to find ways of expanding its formula outside the typical conventions of the FPS genre in order to service the story and the overall setting, it has long been an issue for me that Halo being so traditionally rooted in the conventions of the FPS genre has led to a lot of missed opportunities in giving the narrative its due – this is one such opportunity which, in my opinion, was right on the money.”

He goes on to explain that so many fine details that would normally go unnoticed by players in the middle of the action were able to be brought to light by these walk-about missions, which also served as REALLY nice spots to slow the story down a little, and allow a lot of dialogue and character traits to stick out.

Vale: “I’ve never seen a glassed planet in person before. It’s kind of… pretty.”
Buck: “Vale, you’ve got a weird idea of ‘pretty’.”
Tanaka: “Homeworld got glassed… I was on the other side of Minab when the Covies hit the capital city. Survived the blast easy. But when the ground melts, debris gets thrown into the atmosphere – blocks out the sun. Instant ice age for the whole world. Surviving that’s a bit less easy.”

“Cynthia McWilliams (Tanaka’s voice and mo-cap actress) does a tremendous job at conveying emotion through how she delivers her lines here. She has a lot of little pauses between her rather short sentences, she perfectly conveys the impression that this is somebody who is speaking out about her experiences for the first time, which is a significant moment of growth for her that a lot of people tend to miss because it’s not so obviously telegraphed.”

Seriously, this guy has a LOT of good points in regards to Halo 5’s good parts, and it’s bad parts. I REALLY suggest giving it a read, it’s tremendous.
https://haruspis.wordpress.com/2016/04/03/halo-5-level-by-level-analysis-osiris/

> 2533274974033696;8:
> > 2533274810945725;1:
> > snip
>
>
> Dude, the Walk-about missions are fantastic. As I heard described here(which I solely agree with), “There’s so much you can do with this sort of thing, and I think a much more worthwhile discussion can be had regarding how Halo can continue to expand on this concept rather than saying it should be tossed out the airlock altogether as some have suggested. I am very much somebody of the opinion that Halo needs to find ways of expanding its formula outside the typical conventions of the FPS genre in order to service the story and the overall setting, it has long been an issue for me that Halo being so traditionally rooted in the conventions of the FPS genre has led to a lot of missed opportunities in giving the narrative its due – this is one such opportunity which, in my opinion, was right on the money.”
>
> He goes on to explain that so many fine details that would normally go unnoticed by players in the middle of the action were able to be brought to light by these walk-about missions, which also served as REALLY nice spots to slow the story down a little, and allow a lot of dialogue and character traits to stick out.
>
> Vale: “I’ve never seen a glassed planet in person before. It’s kind of… pretty.”
> Buck: “Vale, you’ve got a weird idea of ‘pretty’.”
> Tanaka: “Homeworld got glassed… I was on the other side of Minab when the Covies hit the capital city. Survived the blast easy. But when the ground melts, debris gets thrown into the atmosphere – blocks out the sun. Instant ice age for the whole world. Surviving that’s a bit less easy.”
>
> “Cynthia McWilliams (Tanaka’s voice and mo-cap actress) does a tremendous job at conveying emotion through how she delivers her lines here. She has a lot of little pauses between her rather short sentences, she perfectly conveys the impression that this is somebody who is speaking out about her experiences for the first time, which is a significant moment of growth for her that a lot of people tend to miss because it’s not so obviously telegraphed.”
>
> Seriously, this guy has a LOT of good points in regards to Halo 5’s good parts, and it’s bad parts. I REALLY suggest giving it a read, it’s tremendous.
> https://haruspis.wordpress.com/2016/04/03/halo-5-level-by-level-analysis-osiris/

Thank, I shall give it a read.
But don’t get me wrong, I’m not against walk about missions in Halo, I think they are a great opportunity to expand the story and universe… Rather I’m just against the idea that 343 can add them to the mission count of the final game. I mainly said it so that when people saw the 16 missions, they didn’t think that some of them would be 100% walkabout missions.
I do have some walkabout areas planned for the story, but they will be implemented in to the beginning and end of a combat mission, similar to the beginning of Shutdown in Halo 4.

Mission 1 - Sanghelios

Vadam Keep - Yermo Province- Sanghelios
One Week Later

The scene opens with Vale and the Arbiter walking down a long stone corridor towards the camera, followed by Tanaka and a Sangheili guard.

Vale: Thank you Arbiter, for allowing me to wander about your home. This fortress is rather beautiful, in a militaristic sort of way.

Arbiter: The Vadam Keep has stood for over three thousand years. Not even the San’Shyuum could muster the force to bring down its walls.

Vale: When whatever’s happening is over, I’d love to come back to study it further.

Arbiter: I would be honoured to host you, Spartan Vale. Come, your Commander wishes to discuss our next move.

The scene then jumps to a hall within the keep, a holo-deck like the one on the camp sits in the middle, with various Covenant tech scattered around the edges of the room. Stood around the table is Palmer (her armour still pretty beat up), Chief, Halsey, Blue Team, Buck, Exuberant and several Sangheili, including Rtas 'Vadum . Everyone is talking amongst themselves until the Arbiter, Vale and Tanaka walk in.

Palmer: Great, let’s get started. (activating the holo-deck) We know the guardian is currently over the Tarjak province, but Forerunner scouting parties have been spotted as close as the far end of the valley. Current estimates are at five hours before they reach the Keep. Doctor?

Halsey: I’ve managed to get our communications back up, at least until the guardian decides to fire again. Infinity is inbound for an evac, but not until the guardian is down. Luckily for us, I have a friend with a ship that owes me a favour.

Arbiter: What good is one ship against a guardian?

Locke: That’s where we come in. Once we’re airborne, Osiris will go EVA, board the guardian, bring it down from the inside. Tanaka got a pretty good look inside, thinks it’s a viable option.

Tanaka: Looked to be some pretty important parts in there. Making a big enough mess should take it out.

Rtas 'Vadum: We have some small scale, high yield explosives in our inventory. Smuggling a few onboard would turn the beast in to a Keifra Imora!

Everybody turns toward Vale, waiting for her to translate.

Vale: Oh, err…like a piñata.

Buck: Now it’s a party!

Fred: What about us, Chief?

Chief: We’re breaking off. Once Osiris is in the sky, we’ll be taking the ship to follow up on a different lead.

Halsey: That’s right. We know very little about the guardians, even less on how to stop them. We need to gain as much intel as we can get. Speaking with someone who was alive one-hundred thousand years ago is a good place to start.

Chief: And I know exactly where to find him.

There is a loud boom followed by the room shaking and dust falling from the ceiling. A Sangheili officer burst through the doors on the far side of the room.

Elite: Arbiter! The Forerunners have found us. They are attacking the Keep!

Arbiter: Let them try! (Activating his sword)

Palmer: Doc, what’s the ETA on our ride?

Halsey: Forty minutes.

Palmer: Do better! Everybody else-

In the middle of the room, a Soldier Commando warps in. Chief, without a weapon at hand, charges toward the Soldier, impacting it in the torso and forcing it through a window on the far side of the room.

End Cutscene

Without loading, the scene then switches to a first person QTE with Chief holding on to the Soldier as they fall about five meters to the ground below, crushing it with the weight of his armour. As he regains his footing, he looks back to see Locke, Arbiter and Rtas also following him outside.

Arbiter: Let us keep the fighting outside the Keep, away from the women and children.

Chief: Blue Team, escort the Doctor and Palmer through the Keep. Stay inside as much as possible. We’ll regroup at the extraction point.

Halsey: Marking a waypoint now.

Locke: Osiris, move through the Keep and take out any hostiles, we’ll meet you on the far side.

Vale: On it, Sir.

From here you regain full control of the Chief. Other players will control Locke, the Arbiter and Rtas. That’s right, playable Elites! The pace and feel of this mission will be very similar to Osiris from Halo 5, as you move around the outer structures and battlements of the Keep. Along the way there are automated turrets that the Arbiter calls out for you to activate. There would also be some light banter between Chief and Arbiter, briefly recalling their time working together in Halo 3.

It takes several hundred meters for you to move around the outside of the roughly circular Keep, eventually reaching the gates at the front. As you move round, Osiris call out that they have cleared out the main court yards and are heading to join you. When they do, they assist the four playable characters as NPCs that you can trade weapons with and such. I thought that it would be cool to have all of the main characters fighting together, making use of the fact that they are all in the same location at this point in the story.

Once you make it to the main gate, Halsey marks the final waypoint on your HUD, a small mesa approximately one kilometre away from the Keep. She informs you that a Phantom is inbound to evac them, and that she and Blue Team will follow you there as you clear the way forward.

Once you make across the dusty landscape and to the top of the mesa, there are a couple of Knights to take out, followed by a few quick waves of Prometheans. Once the last wave is taken care of, Blue Team, Palmer and Halsey appear.

Continues on next post

Start Cutscene

Chief: Doctor, how long?

Halsey: Any second now, he should just be about-there!

Locke: I see it.

A Phantom quickly swoops in from the clouds and descends upon the mesa. As it hovers above the ground, the side door opens and the Spartans begin to board, but not Rtas or the Arbiter.

Locke: (Turning to see the Elites) You not coming with us?

Arbiter: This battle was but just a taste. They will return for a second folly, I must remain to protect what is ours. I wish you luck with the guardian.

Locke: And you with your Keep. God speed Arbiter.

The hatch closes as the two Sangheili turn and walk away. As the phantom hums and takes off, the occupants all turn to each other in the troop bay.

Palmer: So Doc, who’s this friend of yours?

Halsey: (accessing her datapad) One moment. I need to make sure none of you are going to do anything…irrational.

Chief: Irrational?

All the Spartan’s armour suddenly freezes up, similar to how Buck’s does when the restrainer is used.

Palmer: What the hell doc! (among other outcries from everybody else)

Halsey: Be quiet! Just stay calm. (Turning to the cockpit) It’s safe to come out now.

The cockpit door slides open and out steps an Sangheili dressed in blue armour, with a white hand painted across his chest and a hologram floating above his helmet. As he steps up beside Halsey, he removes his helmet and places it atop a crate.

Palmer: Jul 'Mdama?!

Buck: Wait?

Tanaka: What the?

Locke: News of your death has been greatly exaggerated, 'Mdama.

’Mdama: And I’d like to keep it that way, Spartan Locke.

Fred: Well this is weird. (inside joke because Fred and Jul have the same voice actor)

Kelly: Huh?

Chief: Would someone mind telling me what’s going on?

Locke: A body double.

’Mdama: Our quest for the Absolute Record cost me a great deal in ships and men. Of what was left, most were choosing to side with the false prophet Sali 'Nyon. And with these ancient machines rising from the depths, I knew my luck had run dry. I didn’t get this far by being so foolish as to visit the surface of Kamchatka myself. The doctor sent her message, and I arranged a decoy to take the fall in my place, allowing me to slip away without question.

Chief: You faked your own death? So you could help us? Why?

’Mdama: Make no mistake, I know no love for you Nishum. But this uprising is bigger than my hatred for your species, and I mean to survive it. And then there’s my son, Dural.

Palmer: Dural 'Mdama? Well I guess it makes sense.

Linda: Wait, you knew about this?

Locke: Me and Palmer were part of the team that acquired him.

Palmer: We caught him trying to launch a stolen UNSC missile at a camp held by the Swords of Sanghelios.

Vale: That would have been a political mess.

Halsey: ONI is currently holding him at a facility on New Pancras. In return for his cooperation, I agreed to help him get his son back. So if we can all agree not to kill each other when I disable the restrainers…

Chief turns to Blue Team and nods followed by their return nods. Osiris looks to Locke, who then looks to Palmer. After a short pause, Palmer nods to Halsey. Halsey taps on her data pad, deactivating the restrainers, and everybody sighs with relief.

Kelly: So, what’s our next play?

End Mission

Seems cool enough thus far.

Will this be continuing anytime soon? No rush, I’m just really interested in where this is going…

> 2533274810945725;9:
> > 2533274974033696;8:
> > > 2533274810945725;1:
> > > snip
> >
> >
> > Dude, the Walk-about missions are fantastic. As I heard described here(which I solely agree with), “There’s so much you can do with this sort of thing, and I think a much more worthwhile discussion can be had regarding how Halo can continue to expand on this concept rather than saying it should be tossed out the airlock altogether as some have suggested. I am very much somebody of the opinion that Halo needs to find ways of expanding its formula outside the typical conventions of the FPS genre in order to service the story and the overall setting, it has long been an issue for me that Halo being so traditionally rooted in the conventions of the FPS genre has led to a lot of missed opportunities in giving the narrative its due – this is one such opportunity which, in my opinion, was right on the money.”
> >
> > He goes on to explain that so many fine details that would normally go unnoticed by players in the middle of the action were able to be brought to light by these walk-about missions, which also served as REALLY nice spots to slow the story down a little, and allow a lot of dialogue and character traits to stick out.
> >
> > Vale: “I’ve never seen a glassed planet in person before. It’s kind of… pretty.”
> > Buck: “Vale, you’ve got a weird idea of ‘pretty’.”
> > Tanaka: “Homeworld got glassed… I was on the other side of Minab when the Covies hit the capital city. Survived the blast easy. But when the ground melts, debris gets thrown into the atmosphere – blocks out the sun. Instant ice age for the whole world. Surviving that’s a bit less easy.”
> >
> > “Cynthia McWilliams (Tanaka’s voice and mo-cap actress) does a tremendous job at conveying emotion through how she delivers her lines here. She has a lot of little pauses between her rather short sentences, she perfectly conveys the impression that this is somebody who is speaking out about her experiences for the first time, which is a significant moment of growth for her that a lot of people tend to miss because it’s not so obviously telegraphed.”
> >
> > Seriously, this guy has a LOT of good points in regards to Halo 5’s good parts, and it’s bad parts. I REALLY suggest giving it a read, it’s tremendous.
> > https://haruspis.wordpress.com/2016/04/03/halo-5-level-by-level-analysis-osiris/
>
>
> Thank, I shall give it a read.
> But don’t get me wrong, I’m not against walk about missions in Halo, I think they are a great opportunity to expand the story and universe… Rather I’m just against the idea that 343 can add them to the mission count of the final game. I mainly said it so that when people saw the 16 missions, they didn’t think that some of them would be 100% walkabout missions.
> I do have some walkabout areas planned for the story, but they will be implemented in to the beginning and end of a combat mission, similar to the beginning of Shutdown in Halo 4.

Okay. I agree with that, then. I understand.

Though I think they originally split it up for the sake of the collectible mission intel; having two dozen in one level, where half of them are in the walk-about section, doesn’t seem very organized.

> 2533274974033696;14:
> > 2533274810945725;9:
> > > 2533274974033696;8:
> > > > 2533274810945725;1:
> > > > *
> > >
> > >
> > > snip
> >
> >
> > Thank, I shall give it a read.
> > But don’t get me wrong, I’m not against walk about missions in Halo, I think they are a great opportunity to expand the story and universe… Rather I’m just against the idea that 343 can add them to the mission count of the final game. I mainly said it so that when people saw the 16 missions, they didn’t think that some of them would be 100% walkabout missions.
> > I do have some walkabout areas planned for the story, but they will be implemented in to the beginning and end of a combat mission, similar to the beginning of Shutdown in Halo 4.
>
>
> Okay. I agree with that, then. I understand.
>
> Though I think they originally split it up for the sake of the collectible mission intel; having two dozen in one level, where half of them are in the walk-about section, doesn’t seem very organized.

Oh, yeah, that would make sense, I never really thought about that.

> 2533274832335336;13:
> Will this be continuing anytime soon? No rush, I’m just really interested in where this is going…

I pretty much finished mission 2 on Saturday, but I did a 14 hour shift at the hospital on Sunday, so I’ll add the bells and whistles and post it later today :slight_smile:

Mission 2 - Martinet

Covenant Blockade Runner “Black Harbinger” - Above Yermo Province- Sanghelios
November 4, 2558

The scene opens with a quick shot of the Phantom swooping in to the hexagonal troop bay of the Blockade Runner. As it hovers above the deck, the side hatch opens and everyone piles out, each member of Osiris attaching Covenant explosives to the arch of their backs.

’Mdama: I cannot risk loosing the Harbinger if the guardian fires its main weapon. Though you are welcome to take those Banshees. (pointing down the hanger)

Tanaka: That’s all fine and well, but what about us?

Halsey: I had chance to modify your suits against high powered EMP strikes. Allowed fluctuating of the power cycles at the cost of your shields for instant reboot.

Vale: That sounds nice, but what does it mean?

Halsey: It means that if the guardian fires, you’ll lose your shields, but you should be fine. The suit will function as normal.

Buck: Should?

Palmer: Infinity is on approach, but they’ll be waiting on your signal to move in once the guardian is disabled.

Locke: Great. Osiris, grab a Banshee, we fly in two. (turning to Chief) Chief?

Chief: (turning and walking to Locke) Spartan Locke.

Locke: Good luck, Sir. I hope you find what you’re looking for. (reaching out his hand)

Chief: Likewise Spartan. Give 'em hell.

Locke: Yes, Sir

Locke turns and runs after Osiris how are already half way to the banshees.

Buck: Is anyone else worried about that ‘should’?

Fade to black.
The screen fades back in with a shot of the Black Harbinger escaping the orbit. Four little glints of light are seen on the side of the ship before it jumps into slipspace and disappears. After a moment, the four glints of light become Banshees that zip past the screen, the camera turning to see them flying towards the guardian.

End Cutscene

From here you take control of Locke flying towards the guardian, in a similar way to when Chief flies the Broadsword in Halo 4. You head toward the guardian while trying to avoid fire from Phaetons that race past you. You can also shoot them down if your lucky.
Occasionally, the guardian will fire a beam of energy toward you that you need to avoid or risk instant death. After about 5 minutes, as you keep moving forward, the guardian becomes larger and larger. Once you get close enough, the guardian charges its main weapon.

A QTE occurs where you see Locke open the hatch of the Banshee.

Locke: It’s time to ditch our rides!

You see him slid out the side of the Banshee and assume a crouching position on the nose of the craft. The guardian fires and the wave races towards the team.

Vale: Hey Buck, now you could say I’m a little worried about that ‘should’.

Buck: I know right! She’s picking up my tab if this doesn’t work.

Locke: Now Osiris!

The team leap from their craft and boost forward continuing their motion. As the wave passes over them, their suits cut out and then instantly fire up again, showing their shields pop.

Buck: Oh-right!

Tanaka: Haha! What was that about your tab?

Locke: Alright, focus Osiris, this isn’t over yet.

From here you retake control of Locke in third person, as they fly through the air towards the guardian, continuing to avoid fire by thrusting left and right, similar to Blue Team at the beginning of the mission Blue Team. After about a minute, the guardian’s surface comes racing up in front of the team.

Start Cutscene.

Locke: Reverse thrust now!

Osiris swing their bodies forward and boost, slowing down just enough to land safely on the guardian’s domed head.

Locke: Mag boots. Now let’s find a way inside.

End Cutscene

Back in FPS, you work your way across the surface of the guardian, fighting off the Promethean forces sent out to stop you. In the skybox you can see the floating parts of the guardian and also the curved edge of Sanghelios, as you’re only in low orbit. On the centre of the head you find two knights guarding an opening. Once you take them out you can move inside.

The structure inside is similar to the Kraken in Halo 5, but three times the size and has a Forerunner theme. As you move deeper in to the structure, Tanaka calls out potential weak spots for you to plant the explosives. Once all four explosives are planted, Locke orders Osiris to make their way back out of the guardian.

You reach a central room where, as you’re trying to cross, the bodies of fallen Prometheans from when you blasted through, start to shift and come together in the centre of the room to form a large creature. Its looks like a cross between a knight and the Warden Eternal but much bulkier and twice the size.

Warden: You cannot stop Cortana and her Created. She will know peace across the galaxy, and there is no room for those who cannot see the her vision.

Locke: Peace, but at what cost?

A boss battle ensues where you must defeat the creature by firing at the weak spots in between the floating limbs. Once it is defeated, the broken parts all fall back to the ground.

Continues on next post

Start Cutscene

Everyone comes together in the room. Before anyone speaks, the broken parts of the creature start to move again.

Locke: Lets move, before that thing builds its self again.

The four Spartans run down a long corridor, and a thrown to the side by an explosion.

Buck: Tanaka, that you?

Tanaka: No. They must be trying to disarm them.

Another explosion knocks them to the ground again.

Vale: Quick. Before the other two go off as well!

The Spartans continue down the corridor until they see the end blocked by a spiky wall.

Buck: Are those teeth?

Locke races ahead of the team and Spartan Charges in to the teeth. From outside, you see Locke blast through the teeth of the guardian followed by Buck, Tanaka then Vale. As Vale leaps from the guardian, the final explosives detonate, causing huge chunks of the guardian’s head to explode. A large piece of debris smashes in to her, sending her flying way from the rest of the team.

Locke: Vale!

Instantly, Locke breaks away from free fall with Buck and Tanaka and boosts towards her. In the background you can see the lights flicker on the rest of the guardian, right before it drops from the sky, the floating parts no longer held together.
You see Locke with his arms and legs held in tight racing for Vale, who is rolling about in free fall.

Locke: Come on Vale! Talk to me!

He manages to make a pass, but misses as her leg is flailing around. Buck and Tanaka also make passes but fail to grab hold of her. He adjusts course and tries again, the ground quickly coming up beneath them. This time he makes contact and fires his thrusters, but it isn’t quick enough and they impact the ground, sending Locke tumbling away.

Locke comes too, struggling to stand after hitting the ground at such a speed. He takes off his helmet and tosses it to the ground as he runs up to Vale, laying face up in the long grass, shouting her name as he approaches. All around you can see fins from the guardian sticking out from the ground where they landed.

When he reaches her, he knees down, seeing that her visor is all cracked, he carefully removes her helmet. She’s barely conscious.

Vale: Well…that wasn’t as fun…as last time.

Locke: Are you alright?

Vale: Do I still have my legs? Because I can’t feel them.

Tanaka and Buck arrive, taking off their helmets and kneeling down beside her.

Vale: I think there’s something in my back. Could you see?

With Locke’s help, she manages to roll on to her side, revealing a large shard for metal in her back and a growing pool of blood beneath her.

Locke: Olympia. You’re losing blood, I’m gonna have to pull it out and seal you up. (at Tanaka) Ready with the foam.

Vale: Do it.

Locke grabs the shard and pulls it free, Tanaka leaning in to seal the wound with Biofoam. Vale screams but then she grows quite and stops.

Locke: She passed out.

He gently lays her back down and gets to his feet, Buck placing a hand on Tanaka’s shoulder as she looks down at the unconscious Vale.

Locke: Osiris to Infinity, guardian is down. Need medical assistance ASAP to my location. We have a Spartan…

As Locke speaks, the camera pulls away and the scene fades to black.

UNSC Infinity - In orbit over Sanghelios
November 4, 2558

The shot fades in showing Infinity above Sanghelios. It cuts quickly to the bridge, a door opening and Locke walking in towards the holo-deck.

Locke: Captain Laskey.

Laskey: Spartan Locke.

Locke: You asked to see me, Sir.

Laskey: I did. Olympia Vale, how’s she holding up?

Locke: Ask her yourself. (passing a data pad to Laskey)

Laskey looks down to see Vale on a live video feed. You can see she’s still on a hospital stretcher.

Vale: Pretty beat up, put I’ll pull through. Captain, until I get my legs back, I’m no use to you in the fight. But I can assist with the relations between the science team researching the guardian and the Sangheili. I request to be left behind, Sir. I can still make a difference down here.

Laskey: (looking at Locke) You’re alright with this?

Locke: Wouldn’t ask if I wasn’t.

Laskey: Alright then. All allocate a medical team to stay behind as well. (handing the datapad back) I’ve already lined up a few candidates as a replacement. You’ll need them for your next mission.

Locke: Which is?

Roland: (appearing on the deck) Gao.

Locke: The outer colony?

Roland: Indeed. UNSC and ONI research team have been studying a guardian on the surface.

Locke: They managed to bring it down?

Roland: Try ‘never left the ground’. For some reason, this one didn’t launch like the rest. Though its systems are active, which is what alerted the science teams to its presence.

Laskey: We’re hoping that studying an intact one may help us figure out how to shield ourselves for their attacks and bring them down. We’re Jumping in 5.

Locke: I’ll make sure Osiris is combat ready.

Locke turns to leave the bridge and makes it to the door.

Laskey: Oh, one last thing. Your mission report mention Jul 'Mdama extracted you from Vadam. What’s going on there?

Locke: Let’s just say I made a mistake. Turns out there might be more to him than we thought, and I can think of a few people that are sure glad he’s back. Don’t dwell on it, there’s crazier stuff going on in the galaxy right now.

End Mission

I read your Halo 5 story last week, I really liked it so I am glad that you are back!
I’m really interested in were your Halo 6 story is going and I will try to give you some feedback on story parts.

Keep it up, I’m loving it!

Love what you’ve done with Jul <3

That was a cool way to bring back Jul. Really glad you didn’t have Sgt. Johnson return. That would’ve been kind of stupid. Really liking this so far.