Assists

How exactly does the current Assist system work? I cannot explain how many times I have put 2-3 shots on people in The Arena, breaking their shields half the time, only to be awarded with nothing when a teammate cleans up the kill. Or my 1-2 shots on an enemy allow for my teammate to win the battle he is in, again to be granted with nothing.

I take pride in my awareness, the shots I put on people, and my ability to weaken enemies cross map. But this is blocked out by how flaky the assist system seems to be.

It seems broken.

Am I alone?

Assits are a good thing. Better to get more as then deaths i always say. Support Slayers are the underdogs when compared to 15+ with hardly any assists.

As for the system itself, it works like this: You shoot a couple shots into them and your team mates finishes them off, giving you the medal. Due to connections to the host, lag, and how fast kills are (when combat gets crazy) deterimines who gets the assists. Remeber, what you see on your screen may be different from what someone else saw.

Also, Second Gunmans are something to brag about, even more so then perfection medals. Much harder to earn IMO. Perfections just require camping in most cases. Usually with a sniper or shotty. Gunmans however, require you to be active.

> How exactly does the current Assist system work? I cannot explain how many times I have put 2-3 shots on people in The Arena, breaking their shields half the time, only to be awarded with nothing when a teammate cleans up the kill. Or my 1-2 shots on an enemy allow for my teammate to win the battle he is in, again to be granted with nothing.
>
> I take pride in my awareness, the shots I put on people, and my ability to weaken enemies cross map. But this is blocked out by how flaky the assist system seems to be.
>
> It seems broken.
>
> Am I alone?

From personal experiences, if you don’t do more than 50% of the damage needed to kill him, you’re not getting an assist.

What 2-3 shots of what gun did you use? If its the DMR, it’s not gonna work. I don’t know if it does work if another player put one shot on him before you since I don’t really look into this in complete detail.

> Second Gunmans are something to brag about, even more so then perfection medals. Much harder to earn IMO. Perfections just require camping in most cases. Usually with a sniper or shotty. Gunmans however, require you to be active.

But you haven’t got either.

Because i die before reaching them :frowning: I am just pointing out that (i exaggerated) perfections are hard to get, but (IMO) Gunmans are tougher to get because it’s an assist medal and lots of people don’t like the assists or live long enough if they do get them.

to get an assist, you have to do more then 50% damage-- all other halos were 40%. so 2-3 shots with the dmr will give you nothing. right now its 4 shots to pop their shields. After the TU, if your playing in a classic hopper- with the bloom-less DMR I think 2 shots would give you an assist; because of bleed through.

I know what you mean man! I think instead of the assist medal you could get a Kill Stolen medal and looks like a little hand flipping you off becasue in order to get an assist the you have to get them to a one shot. I think 3 shots should be an assist instead of 4.

> to get an assist, you have to do more then 50% damage-- all other halos were 40%. so 2-3 shots with the dmr will give you nothing. right now its 4 shots to pop their shields. After the TU, if your playing in a classic hopper- with the bloom-less DMR I think 2 shots would give you an assist; because of bleed through.

You have to do at least 60% actually. Bungie only wanted to reward you if you did more than your fair share of the kill.