assists

Halo is a team based game for the most part and assists tend to not be worth anything even though the person may have put 50% or more damage on the person, the teammate may have saved you in some cases, which is great, but there is those times when they just steal the kill right out from under you. one person may have 10 kills and 0 assists, while another has 5 kills, and 10 assists, yet the person with 10 kills will always be on top. one of the things that halo 4 did was introduce a point system where all your work went into you being the top person or not. from what I remember of the beta, it used a 50 kills to win system like halo 3. It would just be nice if assists meant more, sometimes, you barely do anything to help, other times it’s stolen right out from under you. battlefield uses a system with critical kill assists mean more. it would just be nice if those times where you’ve got like 20 assists meant something. rant over

What battlefield does - and I like it - is you get points for all the damage that you did. If you did 87 damage out of 100 and someone else finished that remaining 13 HP, you would get 87 points for the assists, while they would get 100 for the kills.

Only kill points actually go towards your team’s score, but your assist points still count as XP for leveling. Seeing as how Halo has a very different ranking system I’m not sure that Battlefield’s method would work here.

I personally don’t see it as a issue, it happens to everyone so that levels it out. (Well I think so anyway).

Sometimes it’s not a matter of stealing a kill sometimes people are just too slow to get the kill.

The only issue is when you have a assassination and your team shoots them midway through the animation. When no one is around.

> 2533274809541057;2:
> What battlefield does - and I like it - is you get points for all the damage that you did. If you did 87 damage out of 100 and someone else finished that remaining 13 HP, you would get 87 points for the assists, while they would get 100 for the kills.
>
> Only kill points actually go towards your team’s score, but your assist points still count as XP for leveling. Seeing as how Halo has a very different ranking system I’m not sure that Battlefield’s method would work here.

It would just be nice if they did something, assists just seem to be something that doesn’t matter at all, if someone has 20 assist and 10 kills, with 15 deaths, they’re not going to go positive while if someone get 20 kills and 0 assists, with 15 deaths, they’re going to go positive even though they may not have done as much and gotten their kills from taking them from the other person. most of the time I like assist to a point, if they’re from legitimate teamwork, perfect, if it’s just kill stealing it’s annoying.

> 2535462333594080;3:
> The only issue is when you have a assassination and your team shoots them midway through the animation. When no one is around.

yeah, that’s so sad when that happens. i tend to add assists and kills together then subtract kills to get an overall score.

“I want halo to be more like other games”

Please stop spreading the cancer any further

> 2533274935111428;6:
> “I want halo to be more like other games”
>
> Please stop spreading the cancer any further

This isn’t quite that argument. It’s just asking for an alternative scoring for assists, not changing gameplay elements.

> 2533274809541057;7:
> > 2533274935111428;6:
> > “I want halo to be more like other games”
> >
> > Please stop spreading the cancer any further
>
>
> This isn’t quite that argument. It’s just asking for an alternative scoring for assists, not changing gameplay elements.

then he would not have mentioned how another game does it better :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274935111428;6:
> “I want halo to be more like other games”
>
> Please stop spreading the cancer any further

I don’t want halo to be like other games, this is such a small thing, if I said I wanted halo to have c4 then sure, this is just a small thing that makes helping out your teammates worth something, I don’t think that would work for Halo, this thread is for if anybody has any ideas to make them worth something. I say that this might improve teamwork, which is what halo is about in most playlists.

> 2533274935111428;8:
> > 2533274809541057;7:
> > > 2533274935111428;6:
> > > “I want halo to be more like other games”
> > >
> > > Please stop spreading the cancer any further
> >
> >
> > This isn’t quite that argument. It’s just asking for an alternative scoring for assists, not changing gameplay elements.
>
>
> then he would not have mentioned how another game does it better :stuck_out_tongue:

Objectively, it does do it better. But again, it’s not a gameplay element. It would not have any real effect on the game if it was changed.

Then we should all understand that we can’t get assists unless another player can get the kill which makes kills way more important :stuck_out_tongue:

You get like 50% of the xp in most games, like a kill is 100pts, assist is 50.

I’ve yet to watch any streams so I’m not in the know…

> 2533274935111428;11:
> Then we should all understand that we can’t get assists unless another player can get the kill which makes kills way more important :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for stating the obvious. Where would we be without you?

That doesn’t address kill stealing, or being rewards for putting in the heavy lifting for a kill. He is just asking for a more fair system.

Halo 5’s ranking is heavily weighted on team wins over individual K/D’s. And if you see competitive Halo matches, assists are just as important as kills (due to Halo’s longer TTK) as it allows your team to kill more efficiently (e.g. team-shooting, or finishing up escaping enemies before their shields recharge).

In the end, adjusting the scoring system for assists won’t affect your K/D ratio, and assists are already displayed clearly on the carnage report. Just know that your assists contributed to your team wins and your rank.

did you guys not notice that halo 5 has a post game stat saying how much damage you dealt? Your prayers have been answered

You must be pretty tough

> 2533274935111428;15:
> did you guys not notice that halo 5 has a post game stat saying how much damage you dealt? Your prayers have been answered

You must be pretty tough in real life.

> 2533274872578239;14:
> Halo 5’s ranking is heavily weighted on team wins over individual K/D’s. And if you see competitive Halo matches, assists are just as important as kills (due to Halo’s longer TTK) as it allows your team to kill more efficiently (e.g. team-shooting, or finishing up escaping enemies before their shields recharge).
>
> In the end, adjusting the scoring system for assists won’t affect your K/D ratio, and assists are already displayed clearly on the carnage report. Just know that your assists contributed to your team wins and your rank.

Thanks for a much better answer. We understand that assists are counted and displayed.

BUT…It would just be nice if you earned points based on the amount of damage you achieved with your assists. Example. I do 46 damage out of 100 HP. I would receive 46 XP for assisting that kill by someone else. If Someone else did 82 damage out of 100 HP and I got that kill, I would receive full XP benefits, while that guy would receive 82 for his damage dealt.

There would be no change in team scoring. A kill is a kill is a kill. It’s more for individual scoring in terms of ranking up with traditional XP based ranks.

Also, I’m fine with the current system. But I understand where the OP is coming from with his request.

> 2533274809541057;17:
> > 2533274872578239;14:
> > Halo 5’s ranking is heavily weighted on team wins over individual K/D’s. And if you see competitive Halo matches, assists are just as important as kills (due to Halo’s longer TTK) as it allows your team to kill more efficiently (e.g. team-shooting, or finishing up escaping enemies before their shields recharge).
> >
> > In the end, adjusting the scoring system for assists won’t affect your K/D ratio, and assists are already displayed clearly on the carnage report. Just know that your assists contributed to your team wins and your rank.
>
>
> Thanks for a much better answer. We understand that assists are counted and displayed.
>
> BUT…It would just be nice if you earned points based on the amount of damage you achieved with your assists. Example. I do 46 damage out of 100 HP. I would receive 46 XP for assisting that kill by someone else. If Someone else did 82 damage out of 100 HP and I got that kill, I would receive full XP benefits, while that guy would receive 82 for his damage dealt.
>
> There would be no change in team scoring. A kill is a kill is a kill. It’s more for individual scoring in terms of ranking up with traditional XP based ranks.
>
> Also, I’m fine with the current system. But I understand where the OP is coming from with his request.

exactly, maybe not that system, but whatever would work and work well, I like the system we have now, there’s just those people that make it their job to annoy you by taking your kills constantly and not helping the team in any other way. the problem is probably less the system, more the people who do that.

the issue I run into is I do half of the bosses health and then die but because we are in the last round of warzone I don’t get a assist because it dies while I am dead

Please don’t revive old topics thanks