Assist Sprees, where did they go?

I noticed that there are no new assist sprees after the initial 5 assist spree which is Wingman. Now, i didn’t play Halo 4 all that much, but i played Halo Reach all the time, especially the Arena (Which is why I really love Halo 5, so thank you 343 for making arena good again.) In Arena sometimes I wouldn’t be doing the best in kills, but would start getting a string of assists, so i’d embrace that fact and join up with one of my team mates and shoot for assist sprees. So i’d be taking down an opposing players shields with the AR and my teammate would be killing them with a precision weapon like the DMR or BR. My point is, 343 and halo community, wouldn’t it be better for team play to have different names for higher assist sprees, and feel rewarded for doing so, just the same as killing sprees?

Wingman is earning 5 assists in a single life. Every five assists earns you a Wingman medal… which is what you’re being, a supporting Wingman.

Right. I understand this, but back in Halo Reach (and what i enjoy about medals) is every 5 assists you got was a new medal (wingman, sidekick, ect) each one had a meaning of a number just like killing sprees (Killing spree, Killing Frenzy, Running Riot, ect) Why do we just get a repeat medal for assists every five, and not a new one for 10 assists in a single life?

I miss the weapon specific sprees as well… Sword spree-> slice and dice, shotgun spree–> open season, splatter spree–> road rage, sniper spree–> sharp shooter… Those were awesome. Wish they’d bring em back!

> 2533274815292250;4:
> I miss the weapon specific sprees as well… Sword spree-> slice and dice, shotgun spree–> open season, splatter spree–> road rage, sniper spree–> sharp shooter… Those were awesome. Wish they’d bring em back!

Exactly! I loved all of those things and it was awesome to look at for stats and made you feel really rewarded if you were great with that specific weapon. Also, i enjoyed those, it showed what power weapons players were good with, and that can also help with team play. If i’m talking to a team and know this teammate has 150 sword sprees, and i only have 45, then i’ll be more likely to let him have the power weapon because I know he is better with that weapon then me. With the new arena being based around team play and cooperation, this just makes sense to me.

> 2535455887823995;3:
> Right. I understand this, but back in Halo Reach (and what i enjoy about medals) is every 5 assists you got was a new medal (wingman, sidekick, ect) each one had a meaning of a number just like killing sprees (Killing spree, Killing Frenzy, Running Riot, ect) Why do we just get a repeat medal for assists every five, and not a new one for 10 assists in a single life?

Depends on your view, I suppose. I think Wingman for every five is just fine. But I can see your point.