assault/tyrant removed from team arena?

I haven’t seen any assault/tyrant games in the last few days of team arena.

Anyone get any matches of tyrant or assault anymore? I’m getting a lot more slayer in team arena which pisses me off since slayer already has a dedicated playlist.

Where is the objective playlist 343? I’m very skeptical that breakout is more popular than objectives(CTF, assault, king of the hill, strongholds, and oddball). Still waiting for oddball and continuing to watch 343 drop the ball on the community.

I wouldn’t know about Assault (I think it’s in Team Arena, I haven’t played this month), but I know for sure Tyrant is still in. I’m not a fan of that map gameplay wise but goddam is it beautiful.

Yes, assault got pulled from team arena. The team arena playlist it tied to mlg for some reason and they didn’t think it was fit for league play yet. They should be adding it back eventually after they “fix” it.

They pulled the tyrant map for the same reason.

Tyrant should still be in other playlists, but assault isn’t, which is a shame. And I agree that slayer comes up too much in team arena.

> 2533274818796159;3:
> Yes, assault got pulled from team arena. The team arena playlist it tied to mlg for some reason and they didn’t think it was fit for league play yet. They should be adding it back eventually after they “fix” it.
>
> They pulled the tyrant map for the same reason.
>
> Tyrant should still be in other playlists, but assault isn’t, which is a shame. And I agree that slayer comes up too much in team arena.

I think it’s a mistake to include Arena as an MLG playlist. Just use all ranked playlists for that. Take Slayer out of Arena and make Team Arena the Objective playlist (CTF, Strongholds, Assault, Oddball). Slayer already has a playlist.

I think you mean Team Arena is tied to Halo Championship since MLG dropped Halo a long time a go.

Any murmurs of additional playlists for the possible last update? I don’t give any ^#*$! about firefight.

Sigh 343 and their lackluster decisions. Also 343 if you are set on delivering a mediocre experience at least take a few minutes to eliminate basic bugs with the after match score screen.

look here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/team-arena-refresh
Assault, Tyrant, Riptide, Overgrowth and Torque are out of Team Arena playlist. Pretty sad, they delivered us new content after launch and now take it away for some time. I loved assault, and had no problems with it. Also Tyrant and Riptide. I mostly play Team Arena and not slayer, so I will play not that much on that maps the next time :confused:

I played a ton of team arena last month, but now it’s half slayer. I wish 343 would ease off the HCS stuff. I’m guessing 95% of us have no illusions of ever being pro, we just want a fun game. Now they take away game types so we can pretend to play like the pros?

That’s an AWFUL decision. I only play arena and now it’s only slayer and capture the flag. It’s so boring. If you want to remove assault from arena, why not give it its own thing like breakout. Assault was SO much fun. I don’t get why you’d remove it.

They switched up some other playlists as well. In FFA i started getting rig again for a while i wasnt getting it. Hate it deeply.

> 2535468812026872;7:
> I played a ton of team arena last month, but now it’s half slayer. I wish 343 would ease off the HCS stuff. I’m guessing 95% of us have no illusions of ever being pro, we just want a fun game. Now they take away game types so we can pretend to play like the pros?

Agreed. It’s sad that a playlist that is used by the masses gets adjusted to satisfy the top 1% of players. This is all post launch content that has been pulled for basically no reason,other than “it’s it something you’ll see in a Pro League broadcast.” I don’t care about that. I care about variety that will keep me playing the game.

I’m so glad this thread exists. I was starting to feel like I was taking crazy pills.

You try to give them the benefit of the doubt but it’s just mistake after mistake. Why 343, why?

Assault’s game settings are being tweaked for HCS.
Tyrant isn’t a competitive map.

i dont see why a public mm playlist has to suit mlg pros, if they relly wanted to play pro games they can easily go to customs right?

> 2533274818594069;13:
> i dont see why a public mm playlist has to suit mlg pros, if they relly wanted to play pro games they can easily go to customs right?

Same can be said for those who want assualt. Team arena isn’t just for “mlg” players either, it’s ranked for a reason people… Competitive players like to have their playlists as well, and to say it before you all start the stereotypes, competitive players aren’t all mlg, esport players, it’s anyone who plays the game to win and to play at their best.

“I don’t see why a public mm playlist has to suit mlg pros” lol please, there’s more unranked playlists than there are ranked, I’d argue the casuals are getting more than these “mlg” guys.

the issue is 343 needs to add more playlists, not take stuff away just cuz one side of the community dislikes a playlist that another side likes.