Assault rifle?

I’m not sure if I’m just really bad at halo or if there’s really something going on, but from what I’ve been seeing lately, halo 5 has turned back into halo ce with everyone just ditching the assault rifle for the secondary option. Don’t get me wrong, the magnum is my favorite weapon and is by no means as overpowered as in the past, but this whole “assault rifle finally gets recognition” thing sort of makes me feel lied to as all I see in arena gametypes now is magnums 100% of the time. As stated earlier, maybe I’m just not skilled enough and can’t combat others effectively with the assault rifle, but it’d be nice to have a way to actually make the most iconic weapon in halo (besides the battle rifle) a little more useful than just being the gun you have to throw away as soon as possible at the beginning of a match. if anyone disagrees on what I’ve said here, feel free to say so, every argument needs a counter after all.

It just shows that the AR isn’t as op as people claimed and undeserving of the nerfs people cry about. But I admit, I do ditch the AR if I find a better weapon, like the Strom Rifle. Omg that weapon is so good.

But if I run across a BR. I will swap my mag for it and keep the AR for the Close range engagements.

But watch the Sprint series. The AR was designed to be the back up to the Pistol. They even say, “When you run out of magnum ammo, you have a good back up in the form of the AR”

Assault Rifle is well balanced as it is. It’s fairly powerful at close range, and still decent at medium-close. You can actually get kills with it this time around, but as is the nature of starting weapons, it is going to be weaker than most weapons that you can pickup.

It’s a general purpose full-auto weapon and is the most versatile of the autos. SMG and Storm Rifle both serve specific functions.

> 2533274803137071;2:
> It just shows that the AR isn’t as op as people claimed and undeserving of the nerfs people cry about. But I admit, I do ditch the AR if I find a better weapon, like the Strom Rifle. Omg that weapon is so good.
>
> But if I run across a BR. I will swap my mag for it and keep the AR for the Close range engagements.
>
> But watch the Sprint series. The AR was designed to be the back up to the Pistol. They even say, “When you run out of magnum ammo, you have a good back up in the form of the AR”

I guess you have a point there with that sprint series. Personally I tend to keep the assault rifle mostly for the fact that not many people use it and despite the extra challenge, I find it rewarding to get the kill, especially with that headshot multiplier the rifle has.

> 2533274893322995;4:
> > 2533274803137071;2:
> > It just shows that the AR isn’t as op as people claimed and undeserving of the nerfs people cry about. But I admit, I do ditch the AR if I find a better weapon, like the Strom Rifle. Omg that weapon is so good.
> >
> > But if I run across a BR. I will swap my mag for it and keep the AR for the Close range engagements.
> >
> > But watch the Sprint series. The AR was designed to be the back up to the Pistol. They even say, “When you run out of magnum ammo, you have a good back up in the form of the AR”
>
>
> I guess you have a point there with that sprint series. Personally I tend to keep the assault rifle mostly for the fact that not many people use it and despite the extra challenge, I find it rewarding to get the kill, especially with that headshot multiplier the rifle has.

It doesn’t have a headshot multiplier…

> 2533274809541057;5:
> > 2533274893322995;4:
> > > 2533274803137071;2:
> > > It just shows that the AR isn’t as op as people claimed and undeserving of the nerfs people cry about. But I admit, I do ditch the AR if I find a better weapon, like the Strom Rifle. Omg that weapon is so good.
> > >
> > > But if I run across a BR. I will swap my mag for it and keep the AR for the Close range engagements.
> > >
> > > But watch the Sprint series. The AR was designed to be the back up to the Pistol. They even say, “When you run out of magnum ammo, you have a good back up in the form of the AR”
> >
> >
> > I guess you have a point there with that sprint series. Personally I tend to keep the assault rifle mostly for the fact that not many people use it and despite the extra challenge, I find it rewarding to get the kill, especially with that headshot multiplier the rifle has.
>
>
> It doesn’t have a headshot multiplier…

My mistake, not necessarily a multiplier, but it does kill slightly faster.

I’m not sure of what you mean, but shooting for the head with the AR does the same damage as shooting the body. There’s no increased damage.

I didn’t believe it at first but apparently once the shields are dropped, shooting the head with the automatics deals slightly more damage. I tried testing it out with a friend and what I saw is the assault rifle takes 16 shots to kill, but 12-13 if the un shielded shots are to the head along with the Americanadian gamer explaining it on YouTube.

Link?

> 2533274809541057;5:
> > 2533274893322995;4:
> > > It just shows that the AR isn’t as op as people claimed and undeserving of the nerfs people cry about. But I admit, I do ditch the AR if I find a better weapon, like the Strom Rifle. Omg that weapon is so good.
> > >
> > > But if I run across a BR. I will swap my mag for it and keep the AR for the Close range engagements.
> > >
> > > But watch the Sprint series. The AR was designed to be the back up to the Pistol. They even say, “When you run out of magnum ammo, you have a good back up in the form of the AR”
> >
> >
> > I guess you have a point there with that sprint series. Personally I tend to keep the assault rifle mostly for the fact that not many people use it and despite the extra challenge, I find it rewarding to get the kill, especially with that headshot multiplier the rifle has.
>
>

It take 3 bullets to kill an unshielded spartan with headshots and 6 to kill with body shots(or something like that)

> 2533274813735291;10:
> > 2533274809541057;5:
> > > 2533274893322995;4:
> > > > 2533274803137071;2:
> > > > It just shows that the AR isn’t as op as people claimed and undeserving of the nerfs people cry about. But I admit, I do ditch the AR if I find a better weapon, like the Strom Rifle. Omg that weapon is so good.
> > > >
> > > > But if I run across a BR. I will swap my mag for it and keep the AR for the Close range engagements.
> > > >
> > > > But watch the Sprint series. The AR was designed to be the back up to the Pistol. They even say, “When you run out of magnum ammo, you have a good back up in the form of the AR”
> > >
> > >
> > > I guess you have a point there with that sprint series. Personally I tend to keep the assault rifle mostly for the fact that not many people use it and despite the extra challenge, I find it rewarding to get the kill, especially with that headshot multiplier the rifle has.
> >
> >
> > It doesn’t have a headshot multiplier…
>
>
> It take 3 bullets to kill an unshielded spartan with headshots and 6 to kill with body shots(or something like that)
> https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3sv1oi/halo_5_weapon_damage_chart/

I just went there and looked at the chart it confirms what I have been saying for a while now and everybody argued with me. HEADSHOTS MATTER for some weapons. SPECIFICALLY THE BR, THE AR, AND THE PISTOL. For me that is a problem If its going to be 4 shots with the BR it should be 4 shots no matter what you hit. Thats the way it was in at least halo 4 and i loved it. This is causing a major skill gap that will only hurt the player base there is time to fix it before Christmas. Some people will say its fine, but only because they are at an advantage. this is next sentence for everybody that reads this-Do you want a more competitive game or not? Competitive means a fair but close game as far as I am concerned. the smaller the skill gap in shooting the close the game will be. Keep it as is, and fans will quit playing. Lots of people simply can not pull off headshots for every enemy that encounter.

> 2533274825101441;11:
> > 2533274813735291;10:
> > > 2533274809541057;5:
> > > > 2533274893322995;4:
> > > > > 2533274803137071;2:
> > > > > It just shows that the AR isn’t as op as people claimed and undeserving of the nerfs people cry about. But I admit, I do ditch the AR if I find a better weapon, like the Strom Rifle. Omg that weapon is so good.
> > > > >
> > > > > But if I run across a BR. I will swap my mag for it and keep the AR for the Close range engagements.
> > > > >
> > > > > But watch the Sprint series. The AR was designed to be the back up to the Pistol. They even say, “When you run out of magnum ammo, you have a good back up in the form of the AR”
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > I guess you have a point there with that sprint series. Personally I tend to keep the assault rifle mostly for the fact that not many people use it and despite the extra challenge, I find it rewarding to get the kill, especially with that headshot multiplier the rifle has.
> > >
> > >
> > > It doesn’t have a headshot multiplier…
> >
> >
> > It take 3 bullets to kill an unshielded spartan with headshots and 6 to kill with body shots(or something like that)
> > https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3sv1oi/halo_5_weapon_damage_chart/
>
>
> I just went there and looked at the chart it confirms what I have been saying for a while now and everybody argued with me. HEADSHOTS MATTER for some weapons. SPECIFICALLY THE BR, THE AR, AND THE PISTOL. For me that is a problem If its going to be 4 shots with the BR it should be 4 shots no matter what you hit. Thats the way it was in at least halo 4 and i loved it. This is causing a major skill gap that will only hurt the player base there is time to fix it before Christmas. Some people will say its fine, but only because they are at an advantage. this is next sentence for everybody that reads this-Do you want a more competitive game or not? Competitive means a fair but close game as far as I am concerned. the smaller the skill gap in shooting the close the game will be. Keep it as is, and fans will quit playing. Lots of people simply can not pull off headshots for every enemy that encounter.

Wait. You think a smaller skill gap is more competitive? You think that making the weapons easier to use promotes competition? Please tell me you are joking. Halo is a precision weapons game and always has been. It is not Call of “Aim for Center Mass and Spray” Duty.

I usually keep it unless I find an SMG…such a monster of a weapon…

> 2533274890584596;12:
> > 2533274825101441;11:
> > > 2533274813735291;10:
> > > > 2533274809541057;5:
> > > > > 2533274893322995;4:
> > > > > > 2533274803137071;2:
> > > > > > It just shows that the AR isn’t as op as people claimed and undeserving of the nerfs people cry about. But I admit, I do ditch the AR if I find a better weapon, like the Strom Rifle. Omg that weapon is so good.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > But if I run across a BR. I will swap my mag for it and keep the AR for the Close range engagements.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > But watch the Sprint series. The AR was designed to be the back up to the Pistol. They even say, “When you run out of magnum ammo, you have a good back up in the form of the AR”
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > I guess you have a point there with that sprint series. Personally I tend to keep the assault rifle mostly for the fact that not many people use it and despite the extra challenge, I find it rewarding to get the kill, especially with that headshot multiplier the rifle has.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > It doesn’t have a headshot multiplier…
> > >
> > >
> > > It take 3 bullets to kill an unshielded spartan with headshots and 6 to kill with body shots(or something like that)
> > > https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3sv1oi/halo_5_weapon_damage_chart/
> >
> >
> > I just went there and looked at the chart it confirms what I have been saying for a while now and everybody argued with me. HEADSHOTS MATTER for some weapons. SPECIFICALLY THE BR, THE AR, AND THE PISTOL. For me that is a problem If its going to be 4 shots with the BR it should be 4 shots no matter what you hit. Thats the way it was in at least halo 4 and i loved it. This is causing a major skill gap that will only hurt the player base there is time to fix it before Christmas. Some people will say its fine, but only because they are at an advantage. this is next sentence for everybody that reads this-Do you want a more competitive game or not? Competitive means a fair but close game as far as I am concerned. the smaller the skill gap in shooting the close the game will be. Keep it as is, and fans will quit playing. Lots of people simply can not pull off headshots for every enemy that encounter.
>
>
> Wait. You think a smaller skill gap is more competitive? You think that making the weapons easier to use promotes competition? Please tell me you are joking. Halo is a precision weapons game and always has been. It is not Call of “Aim for Center Mass and Spray” Duty.

Its called a level playing field. For example in motorsports. Its common, for rules to made to take away an advantage from a given manufacturer. If they did not do this is ALL forms of motorsports, you would have a given manufacturer dominating which is horrible for the sport. Games are no different. All forms of games have rules to keep the game fair for all players. Its the reason why you have salary caps in most major sports. Otherwise, the one who spends the most wins.

i always keep my AR on me for CQC (unless i run past a SMG)

> 2533274809541057;5:
> > 2533274893322995;4:
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>

coughYES IT DOEScough5. Assault Rifle : ~1.1 (Headshots) or 1.4 (All body shots)
The Assault Rifle has a 6 frame delay per shot, and it takes 12 or 15 bullets to kill a player.
It takes 9 shots to deplete shields and another 6 to kill them.
The weapon has a headshot multiplier against unshielded players, taking 3 shots to kill instead of 6.

> 2533274832130936;16:
> > 2533274809541057;5:
> > > 2533274893322995;4:
> > > > 2533274803137071;2:
> > > > It just shows that the AR isn’t as op as people claimed and undeserving of the nerfs people cry about. But I admit, I do ditch the AR if I find a better weapon, like the Strom Rifle. Omg that weapon is so good.
> > > >
> > > > But if I run across a BR. I will swap my mag for it and keep the AR for the Close range engagements.
> > > >
> > > > But watch the Sprint series. The AR was designed to be the back up to the Pistol. They even say, “When you run out of magnum ammo, you have a good back up in the form of the AR”
> > >
> > >
> > > I guess you have a point there with that sprint series. Personally I tend to keep the assault rifle mostly for the fact that not many people use it and despite the extra challenge, I find it rewarding to get the kill, especially with that headshot multiplier the rifle has.
> >
> >
> > It doesn’t have a headshot multiplier…
>
>
> coughYES IT DOEScough5. Assault Rifle : ~1.1 (Headshots) or 1.4 (All body shots)
> The Assault Rifle has a 6 frame delay per shot, and it takes 12 or 15 bullets to kill a player.
> It takes 9 shots to deplete shields and another 6 to kill them.
> The weapon has a headshot multiplier against unshielded players, taking 3 shots to kill instead of 6.

To add to tat list. Headshots matter for the AR, BR and pistol
see-
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3sv1oi/halo_5_weapon_damage_chart

Nothing better than tap-firing the AR and killing someone from a distance.

> 2533274825101441;17:
> > 2533274832130936;16:
> > > 2533274809541057;5:
> > > > 2533274893322995;4:
> > > > > 2533274803137071;2:
> > > > > It just shows that the AR isn’t as op as people claimed and undeserving of the nerfs people cry about. But I admit, I do ditch the AR if I find a better weapon, like the Strom Rifle. Omg that weapon is so good.
> > > > >
> > > > > But if I run across a BR. I will swap my mag for it and keep the AR for the Close range engagements.
> > > > >
> > > > > But watch the Sprint series. The AR was designed to be the back up to the Pistol. They even say, “When you run out of magnum ammo, you have a good back up in the form of the AR”
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > I guess you have a point there with that sprint series. Personally I tend to keep the assault rifle mostly for the fact that not many people use it and despite the extra challenge, I find it rewarding to get the kill, especially with that headshot multiplier the rifle has.
> > >
> > >
> > > It doesn’t have a headshot multiplier…
> >
> >
> > coughYES IT DOEScough5. Assault Rifle : ~1.1 (Headshots) or 1.4 (All body shots)
> > The Assault Rifle has a 6 frame delay per shot, and it takes 12 or 15 bullets to kill a player.
> > It takes 9 shots to deplete shields and another 6 to kill them.
> > The weapon has a headshot multiplier against unshielded players, taking 3 shots to kill instead of 6.
>
>
> To add to tat list. Headshots matter for the AR, BR and pistol
> see-
> https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3sv1oi/halo_5_weapon_damage_chart

SMG also has a headshot modifier
SMG : ~0.933 (All body shots) or 0.8 (Headshots against unshielded player)
The SMG is a 15 shot kill. Each shot has a delay of 4 frames between them and it takes 9 shots to deplete shields.
The weapon has a headshot multiplier against unshielded players, killing in 4 shots instead of 6 shots.

> 2533274803137071;2:
> It just shows that the AR isn’t as op as people claimed and undeserving of the nerfs people cry about. But I admit, I do ditch the AR if I find a better weapon, like the Strom Rifle. Omg that weapon is so good.
>
> But if I run across a BR. I will swap my mag for it and keep the AR for the Close range engagements.
>
> But watch the Sprint series. The AR was designed to be the back up to the Pistol. They even say, “When you run out of magnum ammo, you have a good back up in the form of the AR”

The AR was op in the beta. Super op. It’s been toned down a lot. I still think it’s range needs a little nerf