Assault Rifle underpowered?

After playing a few multiplayer games i enjoy the new pace and action however am getting constantly fu**ed off with being killed by what should be a last resort weapon. The pistol.

Never has the Assault Rifle felt more pointless and insignificant i would love 343 to consider the possibility of making the Assault Rifle… well actual fun to use.

I argue that in close range combat a pistol should NEVER beat an automatic in any videogame.may be im just struggling to get used to H5 but it just doesnt seem fair when people with godlike aim can pop my head with 5 shots… and using the AR just seems like a gamble.

It takes a lot more skill getting all headshots with the pistol. That’s why pistol have to be a deadlier weapon than assault rifle. It takes very little skill to use the assault rifle, but it’s more usable than ever before.

No, it is extremely fair that someone with godlike aim should kill you with your spray weapon, especially if you’re not burst firing it. That’s why this game is good and competitive, because there is a high skill ceiling. Also, the assault rifle is as strong as its ever been, but the pistol should be your most used gun, since it is your best defense against tier 2 precision weapons.

Precision weapons, providing all shots are headshot, should always outgun the assault rifle. Regardless of range.

Crouch while shooting the AR, thank me later.

> 2533274804665049;2:
> It takes a lot more skill getting all headshots with the pistol. That’s why pistol have to be a deadlier weapon than assault rifle. It takes very little skill to use the assault rifle, but it’s more usable than ever before.

This guy knows what’s up ^
The assault rifle is a really good way to make enemies panic. Start spraying and you can take out a spartan in less than a clip. Add a melee and its actually extremely useful. You shouldn’t lose a gunfight to a pistol. Be evasive it’s really hard to hit someone dashing around with a pistol. Much easier with AR

If anything I would say it is overpowered. They increased it ttk, while making precision weapons harder to use. If you miss one shot while using the BR against an AR you will lose at close-mid range, and the AR is 10x easier to use than the BR.

> 2533274808530045;1:
> After playing a few multiplayer games i enjoy the new pace and action however am getting constantly fu**ed off with being killed by what should be a last resort weapon. The pistol.
>
> Never has the Assault Rifle felt more pointless and insignificant i would love 343 to consider the possibility of making the Assault Rifle… well actual fun to use.
>
> I argue that in close range combat a pistol should NEVER beat an automatic in any videogame.may be im just struggling to get used to H5 but it just doesnt seem fair when people with godlike aim can pop my head with 5 shots… and using the AR just seems like a gamble.

This is easily the most powerful AR in a Halo game ever. This post gave me a headache.

> 2533274804665049;2:
> It takes a lot more skill getting all headshots with the pistol.

> 2533274917566811;4:
> Precision weapons, providing all shots are headshot,

Technically, only the shot after the shield breaks needs to be a headshot since headshots on the shield do the same damage as body shots to the shield.

Im just raging in all fairness guys… ill happily admit im having a bad day on halo. And im just moaning about everything… im sure most people do xD

> 2533274848483336;8:
> > 2533274808530045;1:
> > After playing a few multiplayer games i enjoy the new pace and action however am getting constantly fu**ed off with being killed by what should be a last resort weapon. The pistol.
> >
> > Never has the Assault Rifle felt more pointless and insignificant i would love 343 to consider the possibility of making the Assault Rifle… well actual fun to use.
> >
> > I argue that in close range combat a pistol should NEVER beat an automatic in any videogame.may be im just struggling to get used to H5 but it just doesnt seem fair when people with godlike aim can pop my head with 5 shots… and using the AR just seems like a gamble.
>
>
> This is easily the most powerful AR in a Halo game ever. This post gave me a headache.

Agreed. The AR is overpowered if anything… 343 wants to cater to people who suck at FPS’s, which is why the AR is grossly overpowered and so easy to use.

> 2533274847970062;11:
> > 2533274848483336;8:
> > > 2533274808530045;1:
> > > After playing a few multiplayer games i enjoy the new pace and action however am getting constantly fu**ed off with being killed by what should be a last resort weapon. The pistol.
> > >
> > > Never has the Assault Rifle felt more pointless and insignificant i would love 343 to consider the possibility of making the Assault Rifle… well actual fun to use.
> > >
> > > I argue that in close range combat a pistol should NEVER beat an automatic in any videogame.may be im just struggling to get used to H5 but it just doesnt seem fair when people with godlike aim can pop my head with 5 shots… and using the AR just seems like a gamble.
> >
> >
> > This is easily the most powerful AR in a Halo game ever. This post gave me a headache.
>
> LOL the AR is overpowered…are you kidding me? Mid-distance —check, short distance- definitely check, TTK- so quick
> Agreed. The AR is overpowered if anything… 343 wants to cater to people who suck at FPS’s, which is why the AR is grossly overpowered and so easy to use.

AR feels really balanced for me I can lose or win against other people either using AR, pistol, BR, etc. it’s not a strong weapon that wrecks everyone not using a power weapon nor is it a weapon that loses every time.

I’m just realizing I literally have not shot the pistol even once.

> 2533274808530045;10:
> Im just raging in all fairness guys… ill happily admit im having a bad day on halo. And im just moaning about everything… im sure most people do xD

If you want a full auto that really wrecks faces try the suppressor. Most people have never tried it or don’t realize just how OP that thing is. It’s just like the AR but the projectiles track your target. Check it out. It’s just dirty.

OP, the pistol isnt supposed to be a last resort weapon, the assault rifle is. This is halo it doesn’t have to be like every other shooter.

Someone with godlike aim is SUPPOSED to wreck someone who is using a spray weapon, that means the game is working as it should.

If the AR was more powerful the game would just be people spraying bullet hoses at eachother and it would take no skill because it would be, like you said, a gamble.

You have to know which weapons to use at which range at the right time. If you are trying to peck at someone across the map with your assault rifle then yeah the pistol is going to beat you, but if you are close enough you should have no problem. You must be running in a straight line towards them because if you are even slightly strafing you should be fine.

The beta assault rifle was way better.

I think its’s way better than it use to be that’s for sure. but its a pretty decent weapon, pistol is OP lol.

If anything, as some people have said here already, it may well be TOO powerful. I think it’s reasonably balanced, honestly, but it certainly isn’t too weak. At all. It’s not supposed to be on even footing with utility or precision weapons. It’s good for close quarters and needs to balance ease of use with effectiveness. Weapons that require more skill should always have a better ideal kill time.