Assault rifle Pros

Hey all you CE fans! Any of you have some tips on using the CE assault rifle? I have been experimenting with it. The burst firing seems to make things more accurate. What rate of burst firing works best? Also are there any vids someone could turn me to with someone using the CE assault rifle like a pro in legendary campaign or CE multiplayer?

-Don’t burst it. Tap fire it.
-Drop it for a Plasma Rifle.
-Only use it if you’re going to melee. It melees faster than every other weapon.

I know I should pick up a plasma rifle instead. I just want to know if there is any way to use the worst gun in the game effectively. I can do well with any other weapon, but I feel there might be some way to use the AR really effectively.

> -Drop it for anything else.

Fixed. :slight_smile:

Anyway, the AR sucks for anything but quickly killing stuff on easy or normal when you don’t want to use another weapon. On heroic and legendary, even killing Grunts with the AR takes too long, especially if they’re not close to you because you’re going to miss a lot due to the AR’s horrible accuracy.

I’ve also tried to do an almost AR-only run, but that weapon is simply bad. The only good thing about the AR is that it holds a lot of ammo, and that you’re going to find ammo for it in large quantities. But that still doesn’t make using it worthwhile.

Only pick it up if you want to challenge yourself or if you love the sound of it. Or if you just want to make Grunts spam grenades at you… giving you an opportunity for an easy headshot or reprieve.

> -Only use it if you’re going to melee. It melees faster than every other weapon.

Isn’t that the plasma pistol? :s

> > -Only use it if you’re going to melee. It melees faster than every other weapon.
>
> Isn’t that the plasma pistol? :s

They’re tied.

Only use it when playing in a team that works well together. Target and work to frag a member of the other team one by one together. This way the assault rifle will come into play. Technically you’d be the damage as assistor but you’ll get a few frags out of it. Never use in FFA type gameplay in TS anniversary. No pro will out due anyone with it.

If you really want to rely primarly on the AR, always, always, ALWAYS carry a plasma pistol or plasma rifle as your secondary weapon. Taking on Elites, especially higher-ranking ones with the AR ranges from waste of ammo to plain suicidal. Use the plasma pistol/rifle to strip them of their shields, then switch to the AR for the kill.

Personally, I prefer the plasma pistol because you can shoot it faster than the plasma rifle, because it has far better accuracy, and because you will hardly ever run out of new plasma pistols.

> If you really want to rely primarly on the AR, always, always, ALWAYS carry a plasma pistol or plasma rifle as your secondary weapon. Taking on Elites, especially higher-ranking ones with the AR ranges from waste of ammo to plain suicidal. Use the plasma pistol/rifle to strip them of their shields, then switch to the AR for the kill.
>
> Personally, I prefer the plasma pistol because you can shoot it faster than the plasma rifle, because it has far better accuracy, and because you will hardly ever run out of new plasma pistols.

Not necessarily. While the Elite Majors are definitely hard to take down with ranged AR shots, the Spec Ops Elites and Zealots have exploitable flaws, there’s no need to use valuable plasma ammo on them.

The best way to use it is to drop it.

Drop it for a Pistol…

> > If you really want to rely primarly on the AR, always, always, ALWAYS carry a plasma pistol or plasma rifle as your secondary weapon. Taking on Elites, especially higher-ranking ones with the AR ranges from waste of ammo to plain suicidal. Use the plasma pistol/rifle to strip them of their shields, then switch to the AR for the kill.
> >
> > Personally, I prefer the plasma pistol because you can shoot it faster than the plasma rifle, because it has far better accuracy, and because you will hardly ever run out of new plasma pistols.
>
> Not necessarily. While the Elite Majors are definitely hard to take down with ranged AR shots, the Spec Ops Elites and Zealots have exploitable flaws, there’s no need to use valuable plasma ammo on them.

I agree that plasma weapons are valuable, but there really is no need at all to conserve their ammo. Plasma rifles drop a lot since it’s one of only two weapons your run-of-the-mill Elites wield (not counting the rather infrequent sword Elites), and plasma pistols literally drop by the dozen.