Assault rifle needs a buff

The AR was good about 2 months ago, now its useless at its given range. The time To kill is very slow compared to other weapons!
After all its the weapon you start of with! At least make it as reliable as the UNSC say’s it is.

OP the amount of wrong in your post hurts my eyes
The AR has a 1.1 second kill time has been made more powerful given more range and
gets a headshot modifier while in smart scope
the H5 AR is the strongest AR halo has ever seen
it doesn’t need a buff
nothing in the sandbox needs buffing or nerfing
the balance is spot oN

the only weapon with a shorter TTK than the AR is the SMG

> 2533274832130936;2:
> OP the amount of wrong in your post hurts my eyes
> The AR has a 1.1 second kill time has been made more powerful given more range and
> gets a headshot modifier while in smart scope
> the H5 AR is the strongest AR halo has ever seen
> it doesn’t need a buff
> nothing in the sandbox needs buffing or nerfing
> the balance is spot oN
>
> the only weapon with a shorter TTK than the AR is the SMG

I was going to say all this. Then he beat me to it. So…yeah.

The balancing is trash. Every Automatic is too powerful requiring no skill, the magnum is not a utility and is the weakest weapon in the game and is destroyed by the other precision weapons, the sniper is too easy, the sword is two powerful with armour abilities, and a bunch of other -Yoink-.

So no, not balanced.

None of these arguements about the ar having increased range and kill time don’t mean anything until we consider the sort of environment the player is in. all of these stats of kill time assume every single bullet in that firefight hits its mark with the final three being headshots. Now feel free to explain to everyone how many times you’ve managed to land every single shot of the ar on your target with the last three being to the head while also strafing, jumping, crouching, nading, and managing to keep the reticle relatively on target without getting gunned down by a “precision” weapon which according the game devs, are better suited for medium to long range yet can somehow also be a team killer at close range. My expectation is that very few people have a memory where they managed to pull it off successfully.

Secondly, the arguements about the ar’s ability to smart link are pretty much useless when trying to prove its supposed power over other weapons as once that smart link becomes useful for the ar, that’s usually also the range at where the magnum truly shines so prepare to be de-scoped relatively quickly and shot in the head. The only instance I see the smart link being useful is when you’re trying to help a teammate seal a kill from across a large
area and have absolutely nothing better to use and even then you still have the recoil to compensate for.

Another arguement that in my opinion is extremely hypocritical, is how the ar is a load out weapon and shouldn’t be that useful. If so, then the same has to be said for the magnum because it’s also a load out weapon, but as far as I can tell, magnums in halo 5 were made so you can have a chance to out gun br’s and even lightrifles. I don’t see the assault rifle coming close to having NEAR of a chance to outgun anything at any range, not even smg users because the thruster pack exists so good luck trying to keep a distance from those guys.

While I don’t think it should get a damage buff as in my opinion it’s great as is, I really would appreciate it if the ar got some sort of accuracy boost in the event that 343i manages to take our feedback on how the weapon holds up against everything else in the shooter. Perhaps a faster center speed or a slower reticle bloom time would finally make me want to pick up the ar off the ground knowing it will be at least somewhat useful instead of ditching it for quite literally ANYTHING else I can find as soon as possible.

> 2533274848637570;4:
> The balancing is trash. Every Automatic is too powerful requiring no skill, the magnum is not a utility and is the weakest weapon in the game and is destroyed by the other precision weapons, the sniper is too easy, the sword is two powerful with armour abilities, and a bunch of other -Yoink-.
>
> So no, not balanced.

None of this is at all accurate.

i get taken out by AR’s a;; the time in FFA mostly

The AR in Halo 5 works like a weak submachine gun. The AR in arena is either a backup weapon to the magnum or is ditched for another weapon. Pretty much useless in BTB. In order to compete in this game you have to use the pistol plain simple. The pistol is like having a mini DMR it has an insane bullet magnetism and works in any range. I don’t like to use the pistol I don’t know what it is, I can’t get behind the idea that is more powerful than a rifle. That’s why I mostly play BTB where I get in BR battles.

> 2533274832130936;2:
> OP the amount of wrong in your post hurts my eyes
> The AR has a 1.1 second kill time has been made more powerful given more range and
> gets a headshot modifier while in smart scope
> the H5 AR is the strongest AR halo has ever seen
> it doesn’t need a buff
> nothing in the sandbox needs buffing or nerfing
> the balance is spot oN
>
> the only weapon with a shorter TTK than the AR is the SMG

The Storm Rifle has a quicker TTK than the SMG. Sorry, had to say it.

The AR in Halo 5 is a beast. I don’t enjoy the bullet hose that its become and much prefer to use other weapons.

Its a sad state when you spectate some very good players and you see them all using AR’s instead of BR’s/DMR’s etc…

> 2533274978553590;9:
> > 2533274832130936;2:
> > OP the amount of wrong in your post hurts my eyes
> > The AR has a 1.1 second kill time has been made more powerful given more range and
> > gets a headshot modifier while in smart scope
> > the H5 AR is the strongest AR halo has ever seen
> > it doesn’t need a buff
> > nothing in the sandbox needs buffing or nerfing
> > the balance is spot oN
> >
> > the only weapon with a shorter TTK than the AR is the SMG
>
>
> The Storm Rifle has a quicker TTK than the SMG. Sorry, had to say it.

The SMG kills in .9333 seconds without head shots and 0.8 seconds withhead shots
im not quite sure the storm rifle kills that fast

> 2535420721651117;8:
> The AR in arena is either a backup weapon to the magnum or is ditched for another weapon.

That’s EXACTLY what the AR is
that’s what the AR has always been
its just actually useful now

This post can’t be serious. If anything the assault rifle needs a NERF.

All of the autos in this game kill too fast, for being a low skill gun.

> 2533274832130936;12:
> > 2535420721651117;8:
> > The AR in arena is either a backup weapon to the magnum or is ditched for another weapon.
>
>
> That’s EXACTLY what the AR is
> that’s what the AR has always been
> its just actually useful now

So basically because it has always been garbage it should remain to be garbage. I disagree maybe because I know how weapons are suppose to work in the real world. I know this is a video game and all but if we are going to draw influences from real wepons i.e a sniper rifle acts like sniper rifle a rocket acts like a rocket than I want my Assault Rifle to act like one. The AR should be an all purpose weapon and it fails miserably in that aspect specially in mid to long range. A Pistol should not have more range, accuracy or deal more damage than a rifle and that’s not an opinion. I’m not asking to nerf the pistol all I want is for the AR to be competitive in the same amount that precision weapons are in every range.

> 2535420721651117;14:
> > 2533274832130936;12:
> > > 2535420721651117;8:
> > > The AR in arena is either a backup weapon to the magnum or is ditched for another weapon.
> >
> >
> > That’s EXACTLY what the AR is
> > that’s what the AR has always been
> > its just actually useful now
>
>
> So basically because it has always been garbage it should remain to be garbage. I disagree maybe because I know how weapons are suppose to work in the real world. I know this is a video game and all but if we are going to draw influences from real wepons i.e a sniper rifle acts like sniper rifle a rocket acts like a rocket than I want my Assault Rifle to act like one. The AR should be an all purpose weapon and it fails miserably in that aspect specially in mid to long range. A Pistol should not have more range, accuracy or deal more damage than a rifle and that’s not an opinion. I’m not asking to nerf the pistol all I want is for the AR to be competitive in the same amount that precision weapons are in every range.

Except the AR isn’t garbage you just have to use it properly
the AR is the strongest AR ever in any halo game
what you are asking for isn’t balance
if you gave the AR the range and accuracy of a BR or DMR it would be insanely over powered
the AR excels in its intended range which is close-mid range

The entire anda box is balanced near perfectly, if anything the only change I would
make to the current sandbox would be to reduce the ARs range as I feel it’s a little too effective at too great of a distance

No it doesn’t. Personal experience and preferences lead me to say this with all the conviction in my heart.

> A Pistol should not have more range, accuracy or deal more damage than a rifle and that’s not an opinion

Yes, yes it is.

> This post can’t be serious. If anything the assault rifle needs a NERF.All of the autos in this game kill too fast, for being a low skill gun.

Hell even if they don’t kill you, they’ll still melt your shields and leave you one-shot for basically no effort.

> like having a mini DMR it has an insane bullet magnetism and works in any range

Mate…even with it’s insane magnetism it still has less magnetism than other guns in the game, such as your AR.

> I can’t get behind the idea it’s stronger than a rifle.

Pretty sure it fires these.

I play alot of slayer and all i use is the AR and i gotta say if your not following it up with a melee then your not gonna get a double kill lol.

Honestly, the only thing I would change would be to increase the pause between bursts on the BR, which is systematically programmed to have higher DPS over the AR ever since Halo 2. At least then, going up against a BR with an AR in close-mid range you could stand a chance in a head to head. As it stands now, the only way you can almost reliably take out a BR from just oustside close range is to flank them. The millisecond a BR user gets a bead on your head, they never seem to lose it even when you thruster-jet 30 light years to either side of them and dive behind the nearest black hole.

In Warzone, however, pop Stabilizer Jets on the Longshot or Recon AR and say hello to a new, but very good friend…But in a straight head-to-head at nearly any range a BR will still wreck ya.

Since last update, and the Classic BR REQs, I’m tickled by the idea of a Classic AR REQ:
The original AR from Halo: CE, 60 round mag, 900 rpm of flying lead goodness. Legendary type. Projection Sight, no other variants or sights.
Now as either a Loadout or Power Weapon REQ, I don’t know. If it’s a Loadout REQ, maybe rank 7 to use. As a Power Weapon, maybe rank 5.

> 2533274832130936;11:
> > 2533274978553590;9:
> > > 2533274832130936;2:
> > > OP the amount of wrong in your post hurts my eyes
> > > The AR has a 1.1 second kill time has been made more powerful given more range and
> > > gets a headshot modifier while in smart scope
> > > the H5 AR is the strongest AR halo has ever seen
> > > it doesn’t need a buff
> > > nothing in the sandbox needs buffing or nerfing
> > > the balance is spot oN
> > >
> > > the only weapon with a shorter TTK than the AR is the SMG
> >
> >
> > The Storm Rifle has a quicker TTK than the SMG. Sorry, had to say it.
>
>
> The SMG kills in .9333 seconds without head shots and 0.8 seconds withhead shots
> im not quite sure the storm rifle kills that fast

the storm rifle kills much faster than that