Assault Rifle Mag (Change From Beta)

In the Beta did the AR have a 32 round magazine like in every other game except CE? Because I found this screen in a Ready Up Live video that shows 36 rounds. I’m sorry I can’t figure out how to post a link, but the screen is at 21 seconds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytvXOB_RMLk

interesting it did have 32 in the beta maybe a change from the beta

I assume this is because of whatever nerfs were applied to it this was to even out the changes. Welcome change might I add.

> 2533274863266427;3:
> I assume this is because of whatever nerfs were applied to it this was to even out the changes. Welcome change might I add.

I saw it in both a campaign image and a multiplayer image so I guess confirmed so nice change from being 32 for every single game except CE

I had no problems with it in the beta. It was effective but still inferior to the BR. But I guess this means slightly less damage per shot maybe?

> 2535415710012035;5:
> I had no problems with it in the beta. It was effective but still inferior to the BR. But I guess this means slightly less damage per shot maybe?

Exactly the Br users felt the Ar was op in the beta so it got nerfed.

> 2533274863266427;6:
> > 2535415710012035;5:
> > I had no problems with it in the beta. It was effective but still inferior to the BR. But I guess this means slightly less damage per shot maybe?
>
>
> Exactly the Br users felt the Ar was op in the beta so it got nerfed.

who knows we’ll see how it plays out

It’s probably some kind of paid perk. Since they aren’t selling maps they’re gonna sell perks. For $5 a month get x% increased magazine capacity. Lol

I asked green skull about this and he told me it lost its headshot bonus.

> 2533274803493024;8:
> It’s probably some kind of paid perk. Since they aren’t selling maps they’re gonna sell perks. For $5 a month get x% increased magazine capacity. Lol

Dude no

> 2533274942655628;9:
> I asked green skull about this and he told me it lost its headshot bonus.

Like I thought its to compensate a shame to I preferred the headshot bonus’s.

> 2533274863266427;11:
> > 2533274942655628;9:
> > I asked green skull about this and he told me it lost its headshot bonus.
>
>
> Like I thought its to compensate a shame to I preferred the headshot bonus’s.

Personally I had no problem with the AR, it was the SMG headshot bonus that was OP. I asked if the SMG got nerf too but got no response. I assume all autos have no headshot bonus. which I’m okay with tbh. The pistol buff is a whole other story, it can compete with the BR now, like wth? It might be OP and better than BR/DMR.

I think its to compensate for loosing the headshot bonus from the beta.

Interesting, I’d be fine with a mag cap change. But I hope the don’t make it too inferior to the BR. It was perfect in the beta aside from the headshot bonus. Don’t let the BR “pros” get the better of us because another weapon besides the BR is effective!

> 2533274870038109;14:
> Interesting, I’d be fine with a mag cap change. But I hope the don’t make it too inferior to the BR. It was perfect in the beta aside from the headshot bonus. Don’t let the BR “pros” get the better of us because another weapon besides the BR is effective!

It was a little OP. The AR in Halo 4 is very well balanced and yet the AR in the beta was much more effective, mainly due to Smart Scope. It needed a bit of a nerf.

Can someone explain to me how losing the headshot shot(Which I never even noticed.) leads to a mag size increase?
And personally I loved the Assault Rifle in the Beta. It was powerful, fit its niche, and was a perfect starting weapon. Good enough to fight anyone right out of the gate rather than being a toss away weapon the moment you got a Battle Rifle or DMR. I almost always kept my Assault Rifle for close quarters fights and I honestly can’t say that for any other Halo. And you can’t get pinned from across the map right from the start since no one spawns with a long range weapon. I’m so glad the BR is not the only good weapon anymore that isn’t a power weapon.

> 2533274863266427;3:
> I assume this is because of whatever nerfs were applied to it this was to even out the changes. Welcome change might I add.

I’d assume so, but I disagree that it’s welcome.

The AR was near perfect in the beta, and it having a headshot bonus was one of the best changes they made to it in the history of the franchise, as it gave people an incentive to actually aim and burst with it, which is specially useful given that it was clearly intended to be used out to longer ranges, as it should, as an assault rifle, especially since the SMG is in this game. If it’s only good at close range, then the SMG just outclasses it.

The one change they should have made was made it so the headshot bonus applies if the spread/bloom on the AR is under a certain threshold so only intentional headshots would have counted, or that it only applied to the first few shots in a burst.

> 2533274800197828;15:
> > 2533274870038109;14:
> > Interesting, I’d be fine with a mag cap change. But I hope the don’t make it too inferior to the BR. It was perfect in the beta aside from the headshot bonus. Don’t let the BR “pros” get the better of us because another weapon besides the BR is effective!
>
>
> It was a little OP. The AR in Halo 4 is very well balanced and yet the AR in the beta was much more effective, mainly due to Smart Scope. It needed a bit of a nerf.

I really disagree. The halo 4 AR was good as a close range spray and pray gun, but that’s it, and that’s not very fun or interesting, and it was absolutely useless outside of like 13 feet, and it was almost impossible to burst with to have better accuracy due to how much spread each shot added.

The halo 5 AR was intended to be a close to medium range gun, on equal footing with the BR and DMR, just in strengths in different ranges. I liked that setup. Now I am sure we are going to have yet another game where the AR is almost always not the best weapon for the job you have available, and you will almost never be in a situation where you aren’t better off with the SMG or BR. In the beta as is, it already seemed like a BR or DMR /SMG combo was better then any combination you could use with the AR, and this will make it more so, and the BR was still the better gun to use in most situations in the beta.

The fact that they gave it more ammo per magazine isn’t much solace. It’s more like salt to the wounds, honestly. Think about it like this: if you are a skilled player, and you are busring the AR to conversve our ammo and to retain your accuracy, and all of your shots land… How are those extra bullets going to help you? You’d have killed the other player before you needed them, or they would have killed you. The only players the extra ammo helps are the ones who are holding down the trigger and praying. The ones who aren’t skilled. They are treating it like a gun made for unskilled players now, and that’s hurtful, especially given how promising the beta was with the headshot bonus. People say that the AR should be less powerful then the BR because the BR requires more skill, and my response to that is: then they should make the AR require more skill. They did in the beta, and they could have done so further, but instead them made it less skillful.

The thing I liked most in the beta and I was most looking forward to seeing has been thrown out and i’m incredibly disappointed. I hope ii’m wrong, and that it’s still worth using, and is still viable at a distance, but I hope even more that somebody at 343 sees this, and that maybe in one of the weekly updates in the future, the balancing of the AR is discussed directly so we could get more insight, or ideally, that maybe the headshot bonus is re-introduced, but I doubt that will happen.

> 2533274863266427;6:
> > 2535415710012035;5:
> > I had no problems with it in the beta. It was effective but still inferior to the BR. But I guess this means slightly less damage per shot maybe?
>
>
> Exactly the Br users felt the Ar was op in the beta so it got nerfed.

maybe because it had smart scope and was a bullet hose capable of random head shots. I actually lost to ARs at mid range with a BR because of spray so yea I say the thing was a little too good. The Halo 5 BR really didn’t need too much adjusting if you ask me since the DMR and LR still were capable of spanking it.

Also yea clearly it is the BR user who only cried foul. Can’t you admit that the Halo 5 AR performed its role and more a little too well? 9 times out of 10 you can easily smoke a BR up close now and it can get more range now and tighter spread where the BR really hasn’t gotten any noticeable upgrade and the aim assist seems far less forgiving.

> 2533274831961512;18:
> > 2533274863266427;6:
> > > 2535415710012035;5:
> > > I had no problems with it in the beta. It was effective but still inferior to the BR. But I guess this means slightly less damage per shot maybe?
> >
> >
> > Exactly the Br users felt the Ar was op in the beta so it got nerfed.
>
>
> maybe because it had smart scope and was a bullet hose capable of random head shots. I actually lost to ARs at mid range with a BR because of spray so yea I say the thing was a little too good. The Halo 5 BR really didn’t need too much adjusting if you ask me since the DMR and LR still were capable of spanking it.
>
> Also yea clearly it is the BR user who only cried foul. Can’t you admit that the Halo 5 AR performed its role and more a little too well? 9 times out of 10 you can easily smoke a BR up close now and it can get more range now and tighter spread where the BR really hasn’t gotten any noticeable upgrade and the aim assist seems far less forgiving.

I agree random headshots are bad. That did needed to be tweaked, but only that, and the solution is to make it so headshots have to be intentional, not by removing them.

I disagree that the AR was too good other then that. in my experience, BR users, and myself when I used the BR, still more often then not killed AR users at medium range. There were certainly more occasions in halo 5 where AR users won at medium range, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing, what’s important is that when it does happen, that it’s because the AR player was more skilled tatically, or more accurate, and/or that it was closer towards the AR’s ideal range then it was to the BRs.

> 2533274863266427;11:
> > 2533274942655628;9:
> > I asked green skull about this and he told me it lost its headshot bonus.
>
>
> Like I thought its to compensate a shame to I preferred the headshot bonus’s.

I didn’t. Autos should never be capable of head shots in Halo. It was a terrible idea that was shot down tons of times on the forums and then 343 threw it in the beta anyway and they were surprised when we hated it. There is no way to accurately gauge skill with autos. By their very nature they are random. By giving a gun with random spread the ability to randomly strike and instantly kill and opponent even when you’re bursting is just a poor idea.

Precision weapons need to aim for the head to get the bonus and kill you. At no other body part will a bullet randomly stray from where my center of aim is and hit you in the kisser unless that’s where I’m trying to generally hit. If I have an AR I can shoot at your body and the spread gods may just find me lucky and catch you in the noggin and net me an instant kill. How is this fair to precision weapon holders who actually have to, you know, aim?

The Halo 4 AR was solid even without the headshot multiplier. The autos don’t need them. That’s what their fire rate is there for. Random auto head shots kill the skillgap. I remember playing the beta and I was in one of the bases on truth shooting at an enemy who finished the game like 2-17. I had no shields. Do you want to know how it ended up? I was about to get 4 shot on him but died instantly because he was on full spray. Only one or two bullets hit me, but one hit me in the head and netted him the kill because autos had head shots. I had no business dying there.

So I say good riddance to auto head shots. Makes their kill times more consistent and makes the SMG and AR less random.