Assault rifle kill head shot??

This is just an idea. I would like to know who would think this be a good or bad idea? The assault rifle having a kill headshot? Like after mowing them down and finally getting that shield down, maybe not just one (i like to think fair about things) so, 1 or possibly 2 bullets after fighting a short to mid, or possibly futher, and when they deicde to run, just a bullet or two to the head, with the assault rifle, should drop them? I’m a fan of the assault rifle in this. I just dont like how it takes a good clip to kill one, or shot 5 bullets and a punch. Noob like, but effective. haha. Anyways, Like, would it be a good idea to put in? I want to be able to use my assault rifle up close and not die to a pistol or BR after I start shooting and landing hits on them. Not saying give the rifle a buff, I think it’s pretty good regardless. but like on the new warzone map, I can pick a guys shield down with an assault rifle from my the armory to the spire, but I hate how since he’s using a pistol or BR since I can’t get that bullet to the face kill, he wins, you know? Would it be a good idea or bad call? I’d like to know what you people think. Thanks.

In the Halo 5 beta, the Assault Rifle dealt bonus damage if it hit someone in the head while their shields were down. However, many people complained about it and so 343 removed it from the final version of the game. Honestly, I’m not opposed to that idea, but if you propose making automatic weapons stronger in any way on these forums you’ll probably get responses like “No, it makes the game too noob friendly” or “The BR/Magnum should be better than the AR because they take skill” or “Blah blah blah Noobs blah blah blah Skill Gap blah blah blah Halo. Blah.”

All precision weapons should be better than the AR because they take skill

I didn’t know of they did and close quarters I think the assault rifle should win. But i understand. Alright then. And i didnt know they had it on the beta. Darn. But as I said. I don’t like getting people’s shields down across the map with an AR to get shot back and die because the headshot thing I lose. But yeah I understand

> 2533274978553590;2:
> In the Halo 5 beta, the Assault Rifle dealt bonus damage if it hit someone in the head while their shields were down. However, many people complained about it and so 343 removed it from the final version of the game. Honestly, I’m not opposed to that idea, but if you propose making automatic weapons stronger in any way on these forums you’ll probably get responses like “No, it makes the game too noob friendly” or “The BR/Magnum should be better than the AR because they take skill” or “Blah blah blah Noobs blah blah blah Skill Gap blah blah blah Halo. Blah.”

> 2533274808132968;3:
> All precision weapons should be better than the AR because they take skill

I see what you did there haha. As to the original question, I think that would be a terrible idea. The AR is perfectly balanced the way it is.

Every ballistic weapon should be capable of headshots. What, because it can fire in automatic, its incapable of hitting someone in the head? If it’s a matter of balancing, all they have to do is lower the bonus damage modifier. I mean for the most part, because it’s an automatic weapon, people tend to aim for the center of mass. It’s not a precision weapon, so when used as one, it should be rewarded.

I brought this up a while back. You’re gonna get crucified by purist fanboys.

> 2533274834195545;1:
> This is just an idea. I would like to know who would think this be a good or bad idea? The assault rifle having a kill headshot? Like after mowing them down and finally getting that shield down, maybe not just one (i like to think fair about things) so, 1 or possibly 2 bullets after fighting a short to mid, or possibly futher, and when they deicde to run, just a bullet or two to the head, with the assault rifle, should drop them? I’m a fan of the assault rifle in this. I just dont like how it takes a good clip to kill one, or shot 5 bullets and a punch. Noob like, but effective. haha. Anyways, Like, would it be a good idea to put in? I want to be able to use my assault rifle up close and not die to a pistol or BR after I start shooting and landing hits on them. Not saying give the rifle a buff, I think it’s pretty good regardless. but like on the new warzone map, I can pick a guys shield down with an assault rifle from my the armory to the spire, but I hate how since he’s using a pistol or BR since I can’t get that bullet to the face kill, he wins, you know? Would it be a good idea or bad call? I’d like to know what you people think. Thanks.

The Assault Rifle (in fact, all automatic weapons) already deal bonus damage for headshots in Halo 5.

> 2533274808132968;3:
> All precision weapons should be better than the AR because they take skill

You do realise that if someone cant aim they dont win with the AR against someone who can aim with the AR? non-automatic doesnt equal skill. Every single precision weapon is easy as hell to use, reason every single player uses them.