Assault Rifle Headshots

If someone has no shields, one bullet of the AR to the head should kill them. Players who can use it well should be rewarded, or the assault rifle should at least be able to get headshots in campaign.

In Campaign, sure. In Multiplayer, it wouldn’t play too well due to the randomness of the spread. It would be like the complaints about the DMR Bloom in Reach all over again.

Except the AR is accurate when used in bursts. Some players randomly spray off precision weapons, but that does not mean they shouldn’t get headshots.

spray and pray should not be rewarded, I’m sorry

As it stands right now auto’s still have a headshot multiplier on them (albeit tones down form the beta)

Because of the randomness of the bullet spread during full auto fire, no it should not. There is a small damage bonus, but it is not, and should not, be a one shot kill.

It wouldn’t reward people who spray off the AR any more than it currently rewards those who spray the other weapons. People who know how to use the AR don’t spray and pray.

Headshots on high spread weapons don’t end well in Halo. It worked for the CE plasma rifle because that weapon had low spread that didn’t have the same rng factor that an AR would have and even then the CE plasma rifle only had a bonus to damage rather than a OHK.

I was willing to give the idea of headshot modifiers on most weapon a chance during the beta, but after actually playing with it it is clear that it just doesn’t work with high spread weapon like the AR or SMG. There were just far too many instances of players winning and losing firefights they had no business winning or losing.

> 2533274796974117;5:
> Because of the randomness of the bullet spread during full auto fire, no it should not. There is a small damage bonus, but it is not, and should not, be a one shot kill.

By this logic the BR shouldn’t get headshots at longer ranges. It would have just as much randomness at long range as the AR would at close range.

> 2533274819446242;7:
> Headshots on high spread weapons don’t end well in Halo. It worked for the CE plasma rifle because that weapon had low spread that didn’t have the same rng factor that an AR would have and even then the CE plasma rifle only had a bonus to damage rather than a OHK.
>
> I was willing to give the idea of headshot modifiers on most weapon a chance during the beta, but after actually playing with it it is clear that it just doesn’t work with high spread weapon like the AR or SMG. There were just far too many instances of players winning and losing firefights they had no business winning or losing.

I didn’t experience that at all in the beta, but maybe that’s because I know how to use the AR.

> 2533274832130936;4:
> spray and pray should not be rewarded, I’m sorry
>
> As it stands right now auto’s still have a headshot multiplier on them (albeit tones down form the beta)

Agreed in FPS games accuracy should be no. 1

> 2533274894930311;10:
> > 2533274832130936;4:
> > spray and pray should not be rewarded, I’m sorry
> >
> > As it stands right now auto’s still have a headshot multiplier on them (albeit tones down form the beta)
>
>
> Agreed in FPS games accuracy should be no. 1

Yeah, people who are accurate with the AR should be rewarded.

> 2533274819446242;7:
> Headshots on high spread weapons don’t end well in Halo. It worked for the CE plasma rifle because that weapon had low spread that didn’t have the same rng factor that an AR would have and even then the CE plasma rifle only had a bonus to damage rather than a OHK.
>
> I was willing to give the idea of headshot modifiers on most weapon a chance during the beta, but after actually playing with it it is clear that it just doesn’t work with high spread weapon like the AR or SMG. There were just far too many instances of players winning and losing firefights they had no business winning or losing.

Im sorry but the CE plasma rifle did NOT have low spread. At first it was pretty accurate, but as its rate of fire increased the spread went outside the reticule and became a hassle to use at mid range. It’s only saving grace was slowing people down but you’d have better luck flaking than getting a frontal assault in order for a kill.

Im fine with the unshielded headshot damage for both campaign and multiplayer. It gives incentive to aim at the risk of being dominated by precision weapons at longer ranges.

> 2533274806883637;3:
> Except the AR is accurate when used in bursts. Some players randomly spray off precision weapons, but that does not mean they shouldn’t get headshots.

Except that someone spraying that gets lucky and get’s a headshot is just as likely as someone shooting in bursts getting a headshot, and faster. The problem with the DMR in Reach was that in order to be accurate you needed to pace, yet the people who spammed often were rewarded due to the randomness and ended up killing the person who paces at various ranges.

As for people “randomly spraying precision weapons” that means nothing due to the fact that precision weapons are accurate when used regularly, AR’s aren’t.

No. The AR should not be a one shot to the head capable weapon. A little damage bonus is fine but being able to one shot some one would be utterly stupid. Let’s say you’re one shot and some noob sprays his AR from across the map. He manages to get the headshot on you from long range with the AR and you’re there speechless in respawn. Will you be happy or kinda mad?

> 2533274806883637;1:
> If someone has no shields, one bullet of the AR to the head should kill them. Players who can use it well should be rewarded, or the assault rifle should at least be able to get headshots in campaign.

Stop.

> 2533274855872059;13:
> > 2533274806883637;3:
> > Except the AR is accurate when used in bursts. Some players randomly spray off precision weapons, but that does not mean they shouldn’t get headshots.
>
>
> Except that someone spraying that gets lucky and get’s a headshot is just as likely as someone shooting in bursts getting a headshot, and faster. The problem with the DMR in Reach was that in order to be accurate you needed to pace, yet the people who spammed often were rewarded due to the randomness and ended up killing the person who paces at various ranges.
>
> As for people “randomly spraying precision weapons” that means nothing due to the fact that precision weapons are accurate when used regularly, AR’s aren’t.

If someone’s spraying the AR, they’re going to be significantly behind in damage because of all the bullets they miss. So no, they’re not going to get lucky. And I don’t think I ever encountered that with the DMR in reach unless you’re talking about close range. In that case, you shouldn’t even be using a precision weapon.

> 2533274806883637;16:
> > 2533274855872059;13:
> > > 2533274806883637;3:
> > > Except the AR is accurate when used in bursts. Some players randomly spray off precision weapons, but that does not mean they shouldn’t get headshots.
> >
> >
> > Except that someone spraying that gets lucky and get’s a headshot is just as likely as someone shooting in bursts getting a headshot, and faster. The problem with the DMR in Reach was that in order to be accurate you needed to pace, yet the people who spammed often were rewarded due to the randomness and ended up killing the person who paces at various ranges.
> > As for people “randomly spraying precision weapons” that means nothing due to the fact that precision weapons are accurate when used regularly, AR’s aren’t.
>
>
> If someone’s spraying the AR, they’re going to be significantly behind in damage because of all the bullets they miss. So no, they’re not going to get lucky. And I don’t think I ever encountered that with the DMR in reach unless you’re talking about close range. In that case, you shouldn’t even be using a precision weapon.

Say I take out your shields but get killed by whatever.

My teammate Ka Five sees this then sprays his AR randomly and hits you in the head and kills you. How exactly is that rewarding an AR player?

> 2533274834089336;14:
> No. The AR should not be a one shot to the head capable weapon. A little damage bonus is fine but being able to one shot some one would be utterly stupid. Let’s say you’re one shot and some noob sprays his AR from across the map. He manages to get the headshot on you from long range with the AR and you’re there speechless in respawn. Will you be happy or kinda mad?

What if some noob with the BR sprays from across the map and you get shot by one of the random three bullets?

> 2533274796457055;17:
> > 2533274806883637;16:
> > > 2533274855872059;13:
> > > > 2533274806883637;3:
> > > > Except the AR is accurate when used in bursts. Some players randomly spray off precision weapons, but that does not mean they shouldn’t get headshots.
> > >
> > >
> > > Except that someone spraying that gets lucky and get’s a headshot is just as likely as someone shooting in bursts getting a headshot, and faster. The problem with the DMR in Reach was that in order to be accurate you needed to pace, yet the people who spammed often were rewarded due to the randomness and ended up killing the person who paces at various ranges.
> > > As for people “randomly spraying precision weapons” that means nothing due to the fact that precision weapons are accurate when used regularly, AR’s aren’t.
> >
> >
> > If someone’s spraying the AR, they’re going to be significantly behind in damage because of all the bullets they miss. So no, they’re not going to get lucky. And I don’t think I ever encountered that with the DMR in reach unless you’re talking about close range. In that case, you shouldn’t even be using a precision weapon.
>
>
> Say I take out your shields but get killed by whatever.
>
> My teammate Ka Five sees this then sprays his AR randomly and hits you in the head and kills you. How exactly is that rewarding an AR player?

If I didn’t have shields, he would kill me regardless; and it would be rewarding to a good AR player. A good AR player could consistently get that headshot.

> 2533274806883637;19:
> > 2533274796457055;17:
> > > 2533274806883637;16:
> > > > 2533274855872059;13:
> > > > > 2533274806883637;3:
> > > > > Except the AR is accurate when used in bursts. Some players randomly spray off precision weapons, but that does not mean they shouldn’t get headshots.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Except that someone spraying that gets lucky and get’s a headshot is just as likely as someone shooting in bursts getting a headshot, and faster. The problem with the DMR in Reach was that in order to be accurate you needed to pace, yet the people who spammed often were rewarded due to the randomness and ended up killing the person who paces at various ranges.
> > > > As for people “randomly spraying precision weapons” that means nothing due to the fact that precision weapons are accurate when used regularly, AR’s aren’t.
> > >
> > >
> > > If someone’s spraying the AR, they’re going to be significantly behind in damage because of all the bullets they miss. So no, they’re not going to get lucky. And I don’t think I ever encountered that with the DMR in reach unless you’re talking about close range. In that case, you shouldn’t even be using a precision weapon.
> >
> >
> > Say I take out your shields but get killed by whatever.
> >
> > My teammate Ka Five sees this then sprays his AR randomly and hits you in the head and kills you. How exactly is that rewarding an AR player?
>
>
> <mark>If I didn’t have shields, he would kill me regardless;</mark> and it would be rewarding to a good AR player. A good AR player could consistently get that headshot.

But your whole premise is that if you don’t have shields, it would be a 1SK to to the head to kill you. So if you’d die regardless, why does it matter if you land a headshot or not? A kill’s a kill, right?

> 2533274806883637;1:
> If someone has no shields, one bullet of the AR to the head should kill them. Players who can use it well should be rewarded, or the assault rifle should at least be able to get headshots in campaign.