Assault Rifle change in Halo: Anniversary

I, for one, love the Assault Rifle. I use it as my nameplate and it has always been my favorite weapon since Halo: CE. But now, in Halo: Reach, the Assault Rifle is completely ineffective past a range over twenty yards. I feel that bloom was a good idea in concept, but adding it to the Assault Rifle was not a very smart move. I believe that the Assault Rifle cross-hairs on Halo 3 were ideal: Mid-range, no bloom, not too accurate but good at medium range.

So I am wasting my time here writing to ask you all - Would you like bloom to be removed all together from the Assault Rifle, but to lose some accuracy? Basically, asking for the Halo 3 cross-hairs.

Also, this thread applies to the Plasma Repeater.

Yes , this has to happen!

> I, for one, love the Assault Rifle. I use it as my nameplate and it has always been my favorite weapon since Halo: CE. But now, in Halo: Reach, the Assault Rifle is completely ineffective past a range over twenty yards. I feel that bloom was a good idea in concept, but adding it to the Assault Rifle was not a very smart move. I believe that the Assault Rifle cross-hairs on Halo 3 were ideal: Mid-range, no bloom, not too accurate but good at medium range.
>
> So I am wasting my time here writing to ask you all - Would you like bloom to be removed all together from the Assault Rifle, but to lose some accuracy? Basically, asking for the Halo 3 cross-hairs.
>
> Also, this thread applies to the Plasma Repeater.

Even though the cross-hairs never moved in 3, there was still bloom with the Assault Rifle. But if you wanted to make the mechanics the same in Reach for a certain playlist I’d be interested to see what happened to the gameplay balance.

The H3 AR did have a smaller reticle but the bullets fired outside of it. There were also 2 types of spread. A little spread and after 1.5 seconds, a lot of spread.

The H3 AR is more imprecise than the Reach AR at its rest bloom. By bursting both and varying your distance to the target wall, you will notice that the Reach AR maintains a tight spread while the H3 AR has a wider one.

They both have the exact same range, ROF and ammo capacity. The Reach AR has slightly less damage per bullet than the H3 AR but that is because it lands its shots more often than the H3 does over greater distances.

Did Halo CE have bloom? Nope! So you’re in luck. Gameplay isn’t changing a bit, which means the classic Halo CE Assault Rifle is still here. No bloom, same accuracy.

> Did Halo CE have bloom? Nope! So you’re in luck. Gameplay isn’t changing a bit, which means the classic Halo CE Assault Rifle is still here. No bloom, same accuracy.

“Reticle “bloom” is more than just the way the reticle expands when the player shoots. What we actually have done is take control over the maximum radius of the cone of error that expands as the player fires. The actual UI “bloom” is just a representation of a feature that has been in Halo since the beginning. The colloquial “BR Spread” from Halo 3 was this same set of variables, just implemented differently. The same goes for the Halo CE magnum, where holding the trigger down resulted in less accuracy than pulling the trigger rapidly.”

The CE and H3 ARs bloomed from a little spread to a lot of spread almost digitally. Reach’s AR bloom is more gradient.

I have lost all hope for the Plasma Repeater to be fixed. I even made a thread about it but 343 never replied. A shame if you ask me. And OP, I think the AR should stay the same. It is already preety powerful with melees as it is. The real problem is the overpowered melees. I really hope this issue has been fixed.

It would definately be fun to use a zero bloom high accuracy assault rifle it could end up like the odst smg if its done right

> They both have the exact same range, ROF and ammo capacity. The Reach AR has slightly less damage per bullet than the H3 AR but that is because it lands its shots more often than the H3 does over greater distances.

This is partially wrong the Reach AR’s ROF has been decreased around 100rounds/min and it takes 3 more bullets to kill.

I think they should just make the assault rifle like it was in Halo 3 but with a little bloom decrease.

They both behave the same way. Halo 3 never visualized. Why do you think they still encouraged short, controlled bursts?