assault rifle being used in flood

Ok so i have played a few games where a player named “Davids Filthy” shows up and is using a assault rifle. the player dose not show up as one of the people playing but but can be tracked spawning a few seconds after the other players. has anyone else had this happen?

its a bug combined with either lag or host migration as its happened to me when i swapped me to the host during flood i got flooded with messages saying i was hacking but i just spawned with an assault rifle and said i could kill any body :S

it gave me a dmr once but like EpicFailz has said it a bug during lag and what not

Not me specifically as I don’t play that gametype. But here’s a video from back in November from the same thing happening to another dude, except in his description it says he was put on a 3rd team essentially so both spartans and flood could kill him. Awkward.

Video

Yea sometimes u get the epic flood arm with shotgun melted into it…only acts like a shotgun but looks cool.

I wish you could actually use other weapons against the Flood. Or at least in custom games.

its like the game gets confused between flood and slayer and its always on one map that it happens to me and my friends

That’s happened to me plenty of times, shows Spartans and Flood as enemies and gives me either a DMR or an AR. Totally fun.

This happened to me today, I didn’t spawn with the AR but someone else did. I thought they were hacking the game, I saved the video, was going to record it to post here, but I guess it’s just a bug. The guy joined and I thought he was flood so I killed him only to find I got an assist.

Yeah, it actually happens quite a bit - I’ve seen it mentioned on here multiple times.

DavidJCobb has posted it in the Matchmaking Bug Reporting topic in the Wargames Feedback forum, so I’m pretty sure 343i are aware of it. Hopefully it gets patched in the next TU.

None of these things have happened to me before but I’ve heard and seen people that have had these happen to them. One time there was a guy who joined a game with his custom colors still on and he had a DMR! He started firing spasticly at everyone in the game. Spartans and Flood. I believe that someone ended up booting him or something but it was really weird.

Once in a laggy lobby one guy spawned in as a Flood with a Shotgun stuck inside the Talon. For some reason he was on The Spartan’s Team but the game must’ve mixed up the visual effect or something.

I think that 343 should do something about it as it can be a real game breaker sometimes.

I’m sure 343 will do something in TU 4 or later - once they figure out how to fix it… after acknowledging there is an issue that needs to be investigated… one day… After halo 5 comes out.

> Ok so i have played a few games where a player named “Davids Filthy” shows up and is using a assault rifle. the player dose not show up as one of the people playing but but can be tracked spawning a few seconds after the other players. has anyone else had this happen?

Have had a few games where this have happened… Its just some random BS if you ask me.

I’ve started with AR’s, BR’s, and DMR’s in Flood. They were all glitches associated with lag of some kind.

That awkward moment when the survivors and flood stop fighting and just stare at the unlucky player who just spawned with an AR and is an enemy to everyone.
“Where the hell am I?!?!”