Assault Carbine?

What do we think the Assault carbine will be like/look like? Im assuming its going to be the human version of the covenant carbine, but anyone have any theories???

I think they just messed up the name of the DMR in that page.

If it is a human weapon than I would assume that it would be something similar to the MA5K.

> What do we think the Assault carbine will be like/look like? Im assuming its going to be the human version of the covenant carbine, but anyone have any theories???

From the name alone I think it’ll be the new covenant automatic equivalent to the Assault Rifle. Either that or Carbine get’s bumped upto purple DMR status and CA becomes the new alternate BR.

> > What do we think the Assault carbine will be like/look like? Im assuming its going to be the human version of the covenant carbine, but anyone have any theories???
>
> From the name alone I think it’ll be the new covenant automatic equivalent to the Assault Rifle. Either that or Carbine get’s bumped upto purple DMR status and CA becomes the new alternate BR.

At first glance it would seem like an assault rifle for the covenant. They did say they were greatly improving the weapon sandbox haha.

Its a shame more threads like this dont get any attention and get buried under all the other trash threads -.-

I thought it was a human weapon, and if it is the MA5K or like it, then what role does it play in the sandbox? Hardly seems unique; the model looks like a scope-free BR.

If it’s a Covie weapon, then people seem to be forgetting the Plasma Rifle is the Covie’s AR.

Hopefully an automatic weapon like the Needle Rifle.
Did they actually confirm the weapon that that Elite was holding to be a regular Carbine? They did look very similar.

This is the weapon I’m most excited about b/c I really think it’s that long-range automatic weapon that has been missing from Halo for a long time. Assault weapons have never been as useful as precision weapons b/c they only work at short-mid range.

If assault weapons are going to be as weak as they have been since post-Halo 1 then giving us one with a bit more range would help balance quite a bit.

I never even considered it being a covi weapon. I read the word carbine and assumes since we already have a covi carbine, why not a human carbine. Any chance it could be a forerunner gun…?

In the most recent Spark Cast, they said it was a re-working of a previous gun that had felt like a shield depleter, but now feels like a proper killing machine. Because of the fact that they have included custom loadouts, i think this will be ANOTHER reworking of the plasma rifle, but with lots more range, so it can be the counter part to the BR too. Then they would bump the Covenant Carbine up to counter the DMR. Covy weapons have been confirmed to be back in multiplayer, but all we’ve seen to be confirmed so far is the Plasma Pistol