Assassinations

I was thinking, as I was getting gutted, how is it someone whom I out rank can rip me open. Not to sound cocky at all but seeing as I have had more time in battle then some NOOB How sweet would it be to have a counter assassination to those who have a lower rank. Hell I personally would think it admirable to be counter assassinated though I would probably still yell W.T.F.

It’d be pretty sweet if assassinations didn’t exist.

> I was thinking, as I was getting gutted, how is it someone whom I out rank can rip me open. Not to sound cocky at all but seeing as I have had more time in battle then some NOOB How sweet would it be to have a counter assassination to those who have a lower rank. Hell I personally would think it admirable to be counter assassinated though I would probably still yell W.T.F.

if it was only for people with higher ranks to use against people with lower ranks it would be TERRIBLE. that being said, the idea of a counter assassination, or at least a way out of it would be SICK. you’d have to make it super complex and take a lot of skill to do. how about the button combo for a quad shot halo 2 style to get you out of it :smiley:

(rrx flawless cadence, yy fast as you can, rrx flawless cadence in under 1 second)

> It’d be pretty sweet if assassinations didn’t exist.

It could be coded to work like a sword block.

Hmmmm… not so much. :slight_smile:

I like assassinations though! I just hate the animation where you get stabbed in the -Yoink!-! 'cause I can FEEL it my very core

Well I think you shouldn’t mind these little imperfections in Reach.

um no i think that the animated version in reach is way better then the halo 3 back slap becuase it matchs the name

> > It’d be pretty sweet if assassinations didn’t exist.
>
> um no i think that the animated version in reach is way better then the halo 3 back slap because it matches the name

I completely argee.

This.

As much as I agree that I would personally counter the assassination being done to me… that is real life/Halo and not the result of me being killed from behind and having to face the consequences by… well getting shanked to the face.

I love the Elites laugh at the end, especially at the end of the double-double swipe. mwha hA HA HA

I do wish that our FF characters had their death and assassination voices in MP. I don’t need to hear constant yapping from characters during MP but I would love to have the taunts and deaths of the FF characters.

Sometimes I like to get up real close like this and…

The way i see it, they spent the time to assasinate you rather than backtap you… You earned that humiliation. Next time, stay closer to your team and quit being a leet lone wolf showing off your skillz, or pay more attention to your surroundings.

i really wish there was an option to toggle these off. its pretty frustrating when you dont mean to do the long, drawn out assassination, and because you do you end up dying lol.

I think a few got the fact I started out by saying “I was thinking” as in just a thought. Didn’t think I would get some of the responses I did. Guess Forums are not for me PEACE

With you on that , That would be bad -Yoink-. Probably even eliminate some of the little -Yoink- arguments that go on at times

> As much as I agree that I would personally counter the assassination being done to me… that is real life/Halo and not the result of me being killed from behind and having to face the consequences by… well getting shanked to the face.
>
> I love the Elites laugh at the end, especially at the end of the double-double swipe. mwha hA HA HA
>
> I do wish that our FF characters had their death and assassination voices in MP. I don’t need to hear constant yapping from characters during MP but I would love to have the taunts and deaths of the FF characters.
>
> Sometimes I like to get up real close like this and…

Don’t think I down played REACH in any way. It is the only game i play because there is not very many other games that are worth all the time. Imperfection? Not at all. Do I think Counter Assassinations would be cool? Hell ya. Ideas are how things begin so dream away playa

> Well I think you shouldn’t mind these little imperfections in Reach.

I’d like to see a moment in vehicle jacking where the jacked-player can opt to jump out like a coward while leaving an intact vehicle for the jacker.
Maybe if it’s board from the front, no escape.
Board from the back, there’s time to escape.

As far as assassinations themselves go, I’m not too sure on the actual counter-thing being fine. You’d be dead if the player decided to just TAP the melee button instead of holding it anyways. The assassination leaves the assassin open to attack in anyways so I don’t feel a need for a quick-time counter event to break it.

And dude, this is Halo and the internet, and joke is met with seriousness and a serious matter treated like a joke :slight_smile: Hope you get the responses you like :slight_smile:

What your saying makes no sense. It works just like a beat down except you do an animation. It is a risky thing to do in a competitive game but serves as a taunt in it. You obviously only played like 100 games of Halo: Reach.

> i really wish there was an option to toggle these off. its pretty frustrating when you dont mean to do the long, drawn out assassination, and because you do you end up dying lol.

Theres not an option but there is an alternative. Supposedly when you perform an assassination animation, if you tap the button again it cuts it short, ALMOST like old-school.
Also don’t the MLG games have it turned off? I have never seen a game where there is a full blown assassination, just a quick tap, but they get the medal for an assassination.