Assassinations?

Why did they add these random “moves” or “action scenes” when you try to assassinate someone? its not even consistent, there are plenty of times i get a normal back-wack on someone, and other times it takes 6 or 7 seconds to snap there head or break their back. if it could just be cancelled by a button press it’d be ok. but this is just a bad addition to halo 4. why was the most sneaky and badass way to take someones life quickly (think ninja) made into something you want to avoid because it makes you completely helpless and vulnerable. this is one of the reasons i do not like about halo 4. i could mention more, but I’m curious why they did this. do other people not like it? is there a way to cancel it and I’m just not aware?

does halo 5 have these? god i hope not

First: I completely agree.
Second: Don’t blame Halo 4. Blame Reach.
Third: That is all.

> 2533274873843883;2:
> First: I completely agree.
> Second: Don’t blame Halo 4. Blame Reach.
> Third: That is all.

I only played reach for about three games. Couldn’t figure out why it didn’t feel like halo anymore, never been more confused in a halo game in my life. picked up the MCC and it was my first time with halo 4 that i can remember. had no idea it was in reach. do you know if it was in the halo 5 beta?

> 2535430774767416;3:
> > 2533274873843883;2:
> > First: I completely agree.
> > Second: Don’t blame Halo 4. Blame Reach.
> > Third: That is all.
>
>
> I only played reach for about three games. Couldn’t figure out why it didn’t feel like halo anymore, never been more confused in a halo game in my life. picked up the MCC and it was my first time with halo 4 that i can remember. had no idea it was in reach. do you know if it was in the halo 5 beta?

Oh, yeah. They’re most definitely there. Every once in a while someone will start a thread about how we need more assassination animations, and I’ll post about how I hate that they break first-person, I hate that they leave you vulnerable for too long, and I hate that they glorify violence. I usually get fire-bombed. You and I are definitely in a minority on this one.

The worst part is that you’re exposed and not moving the entire time you’re waiting for the animation to end. Most of these matchmaking games are too fast paced to be stuck killing someone with your hands. I try to melee as much as possible instead.

You guys realize u can just Beat Down, right? I agree they [assassinations] leave u exposed but y do it when ur in a situation where u need to escape quickly? Just back smack it’s much easier. However when ur in those situations where there r not too many people around, just assassinate em’ for that cool animation. Also, if u haven’t noticed, airassinations r almost as fast as a beat down. Hope this helped :slight_smile:

> 2535415344154321;6:
> You guys realize u can just Beat Down, right? I agree they [assassinations] leave u exposed but y do it when ur in a situation where u need to escape quickly? Just back smack it’s much easier. However when ur in those situations where there r not too many people around, just assassinate em’ for that cool animation. Also, if u haven’t noticed, airassinations r almost as fast as a beat down. Hope this helped :slight_smile:

I’m ashamed of my own ignorance, having played this game for so long, but… I thought the difference between assassination and beatdown had only to do with the angle of attack. Are you seriously saying that I have a choice? How do I do this???

I’ve been playing Reach for a while, and it does a great job differentiating the two:
-Tap B once for normal assassination
-Hold B for the whole snapping neck knife action whatever thing

Halo 4 for me never gets it right. I keep just tapping B and it still proceeds to do it, and I get killed.
Never had the problem in Reach.

I feel the assassinations are very satisfying after trying to find someone. hold the melee button when behind someone.

In my opinion, assassinations are cool, quirky and it keeps the gameplay fresh. Besides I’m pretty sure most people would love a chance to try and “kill” another player in a way that’s different to the more generic, standard bullets/plasma and melee kills. I expect also that the developers heard the cries of “why have a Spartan wear a knife if they can’t use it?”

I feel a great sense of accomplishment by assassinating another player, especially if that person is a better player than myself. It also means that you have to constantly watch your back, especially in those “no radar” games.

With regard on how to perform an assassination, I was led to believe that the different assassinations were random. However, you needed to press and hold the melee button when behind someone, otherwise it would just be a normal melee kill if you just tap it.

> 2533274873843883;7:
> > 2535415344154321;6:
> > You guys realize u can just Beat Down, right? I agree they [assassinations] leave u exposed but y do it when ur in a situation where u need to escape quickly? Just back smack it’s much easier. However when ur in those situations where there r not too many people around, just assassinate em’ for that cool animation. Also, if u haven’t noticed, airassinations r almost as fast as a beat down. Hope this helped :slight_smile:
>
>
> I’m ashamed of my own ignorance, having played this game for so long, but… I thought the difference between assassination and beatdown had only to do with the angle of attack. Are you seriously saying that I have a choice? How do I do this???

LOL just tap the melee button quicker instead of holding it. :slight_smile: The only thing that angle does is the assassination animation.

OK THIS IS ALL I KNOW ABOUT ASSASSINATIONS! (and beat downs) Each assassination takes 1-3 seconds to complete, which is more than enough time to get you killed if you are out in the open. Make sure that when you perform an assassination where no one will be able to clean you up after your kill. Do them around corners or in areas away from the majority of the other players. However if someone engages you in close quarters, you can point your camera angle toward them while performing the assassination, and you will instantly exit the assassination facing that direction. It can also be helpful to have a boltshot. If your in an area with lots of enemies, instead of holding your assigned melee button, tap it quickly to perform a beat down. If your not familier with beat downs, think of halo assassinations BR (before Reach). They are quick punches to the back that kill instantly. If you want the assassination but don’t want the long animations, try airassinating which is a much quicker assassination that is obviously performed in the air. Also, some assassinations are quicker than others (try experimenting). Each different assassination is performed by facing a certain angle when meleeing your opponent. For example, if your coming at your kill from the far right (I think its either left or right), you will perform the tackle-and-stab assassination as i like to call it. Anyway, those are my tips hope you learned something. :slight_smile:

I love assassinations it keeps the game interesting like I get bored of previous halos because I have nothing to look forward to and if you have the stealth perk you assassinate way faster so if your having trouble with time with assassinating switch to stealth