Assassinations?

I generally listen to halo lore while I work, or different news and etc. someone brought up a good point. I don’t remember who posted it but he noticed that in the MP reveal/videos, assassinations weren’t present. He also stated that since reach, they have showed them in reveals. You guys think they’ll be in infinite? I hope so. Just a thought.

I’d be very surprised if they aren’t. Not only are they a fan favourite amongst players, they also provide opportunities for customisation and incentive for challenges/battle passes.

If they read this I just hope they allow us to map it to a double tap rather than a hold. I mentioned in another topic but I have had to set mine to off so I don’t accidentally activate it in competitive.

They have different executions in GoW based on weapon so would be cool of we could have different assassinations based on what weapons we are holding. Would be pretty cool to skewer someone and lift them in the air with the energy sword.

> 2533274801036271;2:
> I’d be very surprised if they aren’t. Not only are they a fan favourite amongst players, they also provide opportunities for customisation and incentive for challenges/battle passes.
>
> If they read this I just hope they allow us to map it to a double tap rather than a hold. I mentioned in another topic but I have had to set mine to off so I don’t accidentally activate it in competitive.
>
> They have different executions in GoW based on weapon so would be cool of we could have different assassinations based on what weapons we are holding. Would be pretty cool to skewer someone and lift them in the air with the energy sword.

Yeah I’d be surprised to. They have been very secretive of the game so maybe they have something special hidden from us. Lol. Definitely is an expression of the player. And I agree a double tap would be more convenient.

I don’t think that assassinations should return, doing one makes you incredibly vulnerable while in the process of doing it. Just simply insta-killing someone when punching them from behind allows you to kill someone from behind without the penalty of every one of his buddies unloading on your unmoving face while trying to assassinate somebody. I think assassinations are cool, they just provide too much of a combat disadvantage to be worth it, effectively making people choose not to melee someone when opportunity allows it.

> 2535438636443468;4:
> I don’t think that assassinations should return, doing one makes you incredibly vulnerable while in the process of doing it. Just simply insta-killing someone when punching them from behind allows you to kill someone from behind without the penalty of every one of his buddies unloading on your unmoving face while trying to assassinate somebody. I think assassinations are cool, they just provide too much of a combat disadvantage to be worth it, effectively making people choose not to melee someone when opportunity allows it.

You can punch someone in the back without making an assassination

The ones that can take 2 or 3 people out then Assassinate someone else just makes you a raw player! MOST WONT UNDERSTAND , THE STRONG WILL.

> 2535436152010337;5:
> > 2535438636443468;4:
> > I don’t think that assassinations should return, doing one makes you incredibly vulnerable while in the process of doing it. Just simply insta-killing someone when punching them from behind allows you to kill someone from behind without the penalty of every one of his buddies unloading on your unmoving face while trying to assassinate somebody. I think assassinations are cool, they just provide too much of a combat disadvantage to be worth it, effectively making people choose not to melee someone when opportunity allows it.
>
> You can punch someone in the back without making an assassination

True, but assassinations in general make you vulnerable regardless of where you hit them. Where you hit the guy doesn’t matter if in the end you are still target practice for his buddies.

> 2535438636443468;7:
> > 2535436152010337;5:
> > > 2535438636443468;4:
> > > I don’t think that assassinations should return, doing one makes you incredibly vulnerable while in the process of doing it. Just simply insta-killing someone when punching them from behind allows you to kill someone from behind without the penalty of every one of his buddies unloading on your unmoving face while trying to assassinate somebody. I think assassinations are cool, they just provide too much of a combat disadvantage to be worth it, effectively making people choose not to melee someone when opportunity allows it.
> >
> > You can punch someone in the back without making an assassination
>
> True, but assassinations in general make you vulnerable regardless of where you hit them. Where you hit the guy doesn’t matter if in the end you are still target practice for his buddies.

Yes, I’m agree, but you have the choice to make an assassination or not. If you don’t like it, don’t do it, but it would be sad to remove it entirely

> 2535436152010337;8:
> > 2535438636443468;7:
> > > 2535436152010337;5:
> > > > 2535438636443468;4:
> > > > I don’t think that assassinations should return, doing one makes you incredibly vulnerable while in the process of doing it. Just simply insta-killing someone when punching them from behind allows you to kill someone from behind without the penalty of every one of his buddies unloading on your unmoving face while trying to assassinate somebody. I think assassinations are cool, they just provide too much of a combat disadvantage to be worth it, effectively making people choose not to melee someone when opportunity allows it.
> > >
> > > You can punch someone in the back without making an assassination
> >
> > True, but assassinations in general make you vulnerable regardless of where you hit them. Where you hit the guy doesn’t matter if in the end you are still target practice for his buddies.
>
> Yes, I’m agree, but you have the choice to make an assassination or not. If you don’t like it, don’t do it, but it would be sad to remove it entirely

Part of the problem is that this is the same reason that playable elites were declined from Halo Infinite. The devs wanted even combat that is determined purely by player skill, so any foreign elements were not welcome. Hence, assassinations will likely be removed.

Its entirely possible they are in though its equally possible they are not. I personally don’t think they added anything and from a competative perspective only slowed things down. That being said, I know people still enjoyed them. In the context, as long as its able to be turned off, I have no issue with them returning.

> 2535438636443468;9:
> > 2535436152010337;8:
> > > 2535438636443468;7:
> > > > 2535436152010337;5:
> > > > > 2535438636443468;4:
> > > > > I don’t think that assassinations should return, doing one makes you incredibly vulnerable while in the process of doing it. Just simply insta-killing someone when punching them from behind allows you to kill someone from behind without the penalty of every one of his buddies unloading on your unmoving face while trying to assassinate somebody. I think assassinations are cool, they just provide too much of a combat disadvantage to be worth it, effectively making people choose not to melee someone when opportunity allows it.
> > > >
> > > > You can punch someone in the back without making an assassination
> > >
> > > True, but assassinations in general make you vulnerable regardless of where you hit them. Where you hit the guy doesn’t matter if in the end you are still target practice for his buddies.
> >
> > Yes, I’m agree, but you have the choice to make an assassination or not. If you don’t like it, don’t do it, but it would be sad to remove it entirely
>
> Part of the problem is that this is the same reason that playable elites were declined from Halo Infinite. The devs wanted even combat that is determined purely by player skill, so any foreign elements were not welcome. Hence, assassinations will likely be removed.

Player skill ? Punch someone in the back or make an assassination, the player die, it’s the same result.
If it was only about player skill, they wouldn’t be any power weapon and gadget, just spartan with gun and let see who is the best. In Halo, the fight is always unbalanced because of weapon and gadget

> 2535436152010337;11:
> > 2535438636443468;9:
> > > 2535436152010337;8:
> > > > 2535438636443468;7:
> > > > > 2535436152010337;5:
> > > > > > 2535438636443468;4:
> > > > > > I don’t think that assassinations should return, doing one makes you incredibly vulnerable while in the process of doing it. Just simply insta-killing someone when punching them from behind allows you to kill someone from behind without the penalty of every one of his buddies unloading on your unmoving face while trying to assassinate somebody. I think assassinations are cool, they just provide too much of a combat disadvantage to be worth it, effectively making people choose not to melee someone when opportunity allows it.
> > > > >
> > > > > You can punch someone in the back without making an assassination
> > > >
> > > > True, but assassinations in general make you vulnerable regardless of where you hit them. Where you hit the guy doesn’t matter if in the end you are still target practice for his buddies.
> > >
> > > Yes, I’m agree, but you have the choice to make an assassination or not. If you don’t like it, don’t do it, but it would be sad to remove it entirely
> >
> > Part of the problem is that this is the same reason that playable elites were declined from Halo Infinite. The devs wanted even combat that is determined purely by player skill, so any foreign elements were not welcome. Hence, assassinations will likely be removed.
>
> Player skill ? Punch someone in the back or make an assassination, the player die, it’s the same result.
> If it was only about player skill, they wouldn’t be any power weapon and gadget, just spartan with gun and let see who is the best. In Halo, the fight is always unbalanced because of weapon and gadget

Yes same result but TERRIBLE timing. How would you feel if you were on a spree and a cheesy animation got you killed?

> 2535415525919240;12:
> > 2535436152010337;11:
> > > 2535438636443468;9:
> > > > 2535436152010337;8:
> > > > > 2535438636443468;7:
> > > > > > 2535436152010337;5:
> > > > > > > 2535438636443468;4:
> > > > > > > I don’t think that assassinations should return, doing one makes you incredibly vulnerable while in the process of doing it. Just simply insta-killing someone when punching them from behind allows you to kill someone from behind without the penalty of every one of his buddies unloading on your unmoving face while trying to assassinate somebody. I think assassinations are cool, they just provide too much of a combat disadvantage to be worth it, effectively making people choose not to melee someone when opportunity allows it.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > You can punch someone in the back without making an assassination
> > > > >
> > > > > True, but assassinations in general make you vulnerable regardless of where you hit them. Where you hit the guy doesn’t matter if in the end you are still target practice for his buddies.
> > > >
> > > > Yes, I’m agree, but you have the choice to make an assassination or not. If you don’t like it, don’t do it, but it would be sad to remove it entirely
> > >
> > > Part of the problem is that this is the same reason that playable elites were declined from Halo Infinite. The devs wanted even combat that is determined purely by player skill, so any foreign elements were not welcome. Hence, assassinations will likely be removed.
> >
> > Player skill ? Punch someone in the back or make an assassination, the player die, it’s the same result.
> > If it was only about player skill, they wouldn’t be any power weapon and gadget, just spartan with gun and let see who is the best. In Halo, the fight is always unbalanced because of weapon and gadget
>
> Yes same result but TERRIBLE timing. How would you feel if you were on a spree and a cheesy animation got you killed?

you know you can turn off the animations in prior games right. In this case, it should be up to the player. If you dont want it when you play, turn it off. If others do, let them and reap the easy kill

> 2533274840624875;13:
> > 2535415525919240;12:
> > > 2535436152010337;11:
> > > > 2535438636443468;9:
> > > > > 2535436152010337;8:
> > > > > > 2535438636443468;7:
> > > > > > > 2535436152010337;5:
> > > > > > > > 2535438636443468;4:
> > > > > > > > I don’t think that assassinations should return, doing one makes you incredibly vulnerable while in the process of doing it. Just simply insta-killing someone when punching them from behind allows you to kill someone from behind without the penalty of every one of his buddies unloading on your unmoving face while trying to assassinate somebody. I think assassinations are cool, they just provide too much of a combat disadvantage to be worth it, effectively making people choose not to melee someone when opportunity allows it.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > You can punch someone in the back without making an assassination
> > > > > >
> > > > > > True, but assassinations in general make you vulnerable regardless of where you hit them. Where you hit the guy doesn’t matter if in the end you are still target practice for his buddies.
> > > > >
> > > > > Yes, I’m agree, but you have the choice to make an assassination or not. If you don’t like it, don’t do it, but it would be sad to remove it entirely
> > > >
> > > > Part of the problem is that this is the same reason that playable elites were declined from Halo Infinite. The devs wanted even combat that is determined purely by player skill, so any foreign elements were not welcome. Hence, assassinations will likely be removed.
> > >
> > > Player skill ? Punch someone in the back or make an assassination, the player die, it’s the same result.
> > > If it was only about player skill, they wouldn’t be any power weapon and gadget, just spartan with gun and let see who is the best. In Halo, the fight is always unbalanced because of weapon and gadget
> >
> > Yes same result but TERRIBLE timing. How would you feel if you were on a spree and a cheesy animation got you killed?
>
> you know you can turn off the animations in prior games right. In this case, it should be up to the player. If you dont want it when you play, turn it off. If others do, let them and reap the easy kill

In ranked this will affect everyone, not just those that don’t want it but those that do want it as well. What if you were about to win a game that got you into a top rank and the assassination animation got you killed and you fell back a rank? Would you be happy you pulled the animation off and lost the game? Or would you be frustrated? If you won the game would you be happy you didn’t waste time with an animation?

It hasn’t been confirmed whether they are returning or not but in the multiplayer preview it had a chance to show a cool assassination but instead was just a beat down unlike the other multiplayer trailers they all had assassinations since reach.

I love assassinations. I think they’re fun. But if they don’t return for whatever reason (which I think is incredibly unlikely) I won’t be too sad about it.

> 2535415525919240;14:
> > 2533274840624875;13:
> > > 2535415525919240;12:
> > > > 2535436152010337;11:
> > > > > 2535438636443468;9:
> > > > > > 2535436152010337;8:
> > > > > > > 2535438636443468;7:
> > > > > > > > 2535436152010337;5:
> > > > > > > > > 2535438636443468;4:
> > > > > > > > > I don’t think that assassinations should return, doing one makes you incredibly vulnerable while in the process of doing it. Just simply insta-killing someone when punching them from behind allows you to kill someone from behind without the penalty of every one of his buddies unloading on your unmoving face while trying to assassinate somebody. I think assassinations are cool, they just provide too much of a combat disadvantage to be worth it, effectively making people choose not to melee someone when opportunity allows it.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > You can punch someone in the back without making an assassination
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > True, but assassinations in general make you vulnerable regardless of where you hit them. Where you hit the guy doesn’t matter if in the end you are still target practice for his buddies.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Yes, I’m agree, but you have the choice to make an assassination or not. If you don’t like it, don’t do it, but it would be sad to remove it entirely
> > > > >
> > > > > Part of the problem is that this is the same reason that playable elites were declined from Halo Infinite. The devs wanted even combat that is determined purely by player skill, so any foreign elements were not welcome. Hence, assassinations will likely be removed.
> > > >
> > > > Player skill ? Punch someone in the back or make an assassination, the player die, it’s the same result.
> > > > If it was only about player skill, they wouldn’t be any power weapon and gadget, just spartan with gun and let see who is the best. In Halo, the fight is always unbalanced because of weapon and gadget
> > >
> > > Yes same result but TERRIBLE timing. How would you feel if you were on a spree and a cheesy animation got you killed?
> >
> > you know you can turn off the animations in prior games right. In this case, it should be up to the player. If you dont want it when you play, turn it off. If others do, let them and reap the easy kill
>
> In ranked this will affect everyone, not just those that don’t want it but those that do want it as well. What if you were about to win a game that got you into a top rank and the assassination animation got you killed and you fell back a rank? Would you be happy you pulled the animation off and lost the game? Or would you be frustrated? If you won the game would you be happy you didn’t waste time with an animation?

seems thats on you for not disabling your assasinations before playing ranked. Again, you example is dependent on the idea that assassinations are forced on you, which based on prior titles, would not be how it be implemented (could it? sure but unlikely). The easy work around for that one anyway is to have assassinations disabled in all ranked modes.