ASSASSINATIONS? YAY OR NAY?

I already know theres like a -0.1% Chance of them adding this. <.<

So i was just thinking. -This could also be a good suggestion!-

New Assassinations would be amazing! Like weapon Specific Assassinations.

EX: Pistol assassinations: Shoot guy in the foot, then Rapid fire to the head.
EX: Sniper Rifle: hits the person multiple times, then snipes.

Stuff like that, Assassinations are the 1 Major thing i loved in HaloReach.

Discuss.

> I already know theres like a -0.1% Chance of them adding this. <.<
>
> So i was just thinking. -This could also be a good suggestion!-
>
> New Assassinations would be amazing! Like weapon Specific Assassinations.
>
> EX: Pistol assassinations: Shoot guy in the foot, then Rapid fire to the head.
> EX: Sniper Rifle: hits the person multiple times, then snipes.
>
> Stuff like that, Assassinations are the 1 Major thing i loved in HaloReach.
>
> Discuss.

Sounds like a Gears of War type of thing. It would be annoying though if you had to waste half of your clip just to assassinate someone. But I do agree with this, it would keep things interesting.

Weapon specific assassinations would be great as long as they only used one bullet/charge/battery. (IMO)

I want to see them return.

If they return, i really hope they can be toggled off, all i want to do is quick backsmacks and not be held up by a useless animation that add’s nothing but delays my performance in games.

The annoying thing about Reach was it was poor at detecting if you wanted to do a backsmack or an assassination, should not be forced to do them hence why i support a toggle option.

Call me crazy, but I never thought that assassinations were in keeping with the character of the Spartans. To me, they’ve never been about flair or, more importantly, overt displays of barbarism. I think the classic beat down to the back of the skull is more reflective of what a Spartan would do when confronting an inattentive enemy from behind: get the job done and move on.

Having said that, I do realise that multiplayer exists in a dimension that is not dependent upon the canon (at least it used to).

Assassinations are one of the few things Reach brought that were actually good. If Halo4 brings em back, there should be more/new ones, and for the love of God PLEASE if knife assassinations are in H4 which they should be, PLEASE make us be able to move the damn knife where ever we want. The only annoying thing about customization in general was that damn knife that didn’t leave the chest.

Who voted no? If they are optional, why do you care?

Assassinations have already been confirmed here. 1st Paragraph after the 2nd picture.

> Who voted no? If they are optional, why do you care?

I think some people thought they got in the way of “ninja-ing” if I can put it that way. I am a fan but I can see how it would be annoying. If you meant to just tab the button and it goes into full assassination mode. I hope they have a way of distinguishing the two better in the future.

> Who voted no? If they are optional, why do you care?

I didn’t vote myself, but I think that the reality of Yoinks (the game mechanic, not the forum expletive replacer) and of being able to escape during an assassination if rescued might put some people off.

Edit–I should have clarified: these would be things that your teammates would bring about, and would therefore affect the team’s overall performance. Obviously, if you were personally against assassinations, then you wouldn’t perform them.

They were nice sometimes, but they were too inconsistent. Sometimes I’d tap the button and it would animate, and sometimes I’d hold the button and it would just do a regular backsmack.

If it was more consistent as to when it animated and when it didn’t, I wouldn’t mind them, but they can really screw you over if you tap it and it decides to animate.

I’m a big fan of them! They add a bit of flair to my kills, and they’re very fun to go after! It also adds a small intense feeling to the game knowing that, when you’re being assassinated, that you’re dying and you can’t do anything about it!

It is annoying when you go for the simple beatdown and it assassinates them instead. I’ve gotten better at simply tapping the button, as opposed to holding it down. But on the off-occasion, I still end up assassinating them!

> > I already know theres like a -0.1% Chance of them adding this. <.<
> >
> > So i was just thinking. -This could also be a good suggestion!-
> >
> > New Assassinations would be amazing! Like weapon Specific Assassinations.
> >
> > EX: Pistol assassinations: Shoot guy in the foot, then Rapid fire to the head.
> > EX: Sniper Rifle: hits the person multiple times, then snipes.
> >
> > Stuff like that, Assassinations are the 1 Major thing i loved in HaloReach.
> >
> > Discuss.
>
> Sounds like a Gears of War type of thing. It would be annoying though if you had to waste half of your clip just to assassinate someone. But I do agree with this, it would keep things interesting.

Well it could be just Animation, and its just for looks but kills the person being assassinated. wouldn’t waste ammo or anything.(completely doubt that)

Yay.

> It also adds a small intense feeling to the game knowing that, when you’re being assassinated, that you’re dying and you can’t do anything about it!

Exactly like I think!

Bring assassinations but have a option to turn them off and make them little shorter but still more bad -Yoink- :wink:

Weapon specific assassinations would be sweet. Say you had a Shotgun equipped, and you tried to assassinate somebody, you would hit them with the back of it, then while they’re staggering, you would finish them off with a shot to the chest.

And there I go again.

weapon specific would be cool, but im sure there wont be actual bullet usage in them.
i wouldn’t want to wast ammo in an assassination.

Golf Club.

And why not give the winch on the warthog a purpose?

Have fun with that.

i love the assassination animations but sometimes I dont want to do them, so a toggle option would be nice…but I do want them back

> I already know theres like a -0.1% Chance of them adding this. <.<
>
> So i was just thinking. -This could also be a good suggestion!-
>
> New Assassinations would be amazing! Like weapon Specific Assassinations.
>
> EX: Pistol assassinations: Shoot guy in the foot, then Rapid fire to the head.
> EX: Sniper Rifle: hits the person multiple times, then snipes.
>
> Stuff like that, Assassinations are the 1 Major thing i loved in HalolReach.
>
> Discuss.

I don’t really like the examples but I agree.