Assassinations what I think 343 should do

So far i have seen many different types of assassinations in H4 from watching gameplay videos.

And I was thinking was to have a assassination for every gun cept for the pistol and plasma pistol

for example the gravity hammer (if its in H4) you pick them up slam them to the ground and send them flying.

Your thoughts/ideas?

We have only seen… what, four assassinations in all of the game-play? I still need to see other assassinations before I can consider what else to think up.

Also, the Gravity Hammer is one of the few weapons with a possible assassination, aside from the knife, Energy Sword and hands.

I wish you could turn them off. I tap the backsmack button in Reach and still do the stupid 8 second assassination sequence. I would rather win then do a fancy manuever that just ends up getting me killed.

The assassinations just add a flare to your gameplay. I think many different assassination options would be cool. I like the idea of using weapons in assassinations except i feel like the game is too far into development to add that.

> I wish you could turn them off. I tap the backsmack button in Reach and still do the stupid 8 second assassination

Good alternative, but i’d rather they managed to find a better way. I like doing assassinations, but I find I often do one even if I just want to beat down.

I’d like to see assassinations from every direction. Like if a player is one melee away from death, but he’s facing you, it’d be cool to be able to assassinate him. Unless of course he melees back. Then it could be like the sword clash system. Or the beat down system that already exists.

> I’d like to see assassinations from every direction. Like if a player is one melee away from death, but he’s facing you, it’d be cool to be able to assassinate him. Unless of course he melees back. Then it could be like the sword clash system. Or the beat down system that already exists.

I get what you’re saying, but the beat-down system is a bit old. It needs to be refreshed with something new. Instead of maybe a weapon hitting, how about a cold elbow/fist to the base of the skull?

I don’t know, but having an assassination from every angle would be cool… along with the beat-down mentioned.

> I wish you could turn them off. I tap the backsmack button in Reach and still do the stupid 8 second assassination sequence. I would rather win then do a fancy manuever that just ends up getting me killed.

Troll post is Troll.

Anyways, I dunno about EVERY weapon but I think a few more would be cool. I even made some up before Reach came out.

An example:

Stab enemy in the back with your knife, kick them in the back of the knee to bring them down and then shoot them in the back of the head with your DMR.

I think 343i will make assassinations great.

> Troll post is Troll.

Please explain. I want to be able to change my ways if in fact I was trolling.

I was not. I dislike assassinations, and would like 343 to give the option to turn them off. That is my honest opinion.

Why not the Plasma Pistol?
I was thinking while playing Reach how cool it would be to have an Assassination where you charge up the PP and shove it in between their Mandibles, literally roasting their head and throat.

I hope to see lots of varied assassinations involving many different weapons, I think every assassination I’ve seen has been recycled from Reach, even the tackle one was when you tackled an elite in Reach.