Assassinations, Stay or Go?

This feature was only in reach and 4 which I would not be surprised if some wanted it gone simply for that reason.

But from what I know virtually no one complained about it.

I say stay cause you can take epic screenshots. However, 343 should bring Theater back in H5 for all game types and not just leave out 2 that we can not take screenshots in like they did in H4. They shouldn’t have done that.

That and they provide clips worth making for a montage.

It’s an optional animation that doesn’t grant a benefit/disadvantage. Well, using it creates a small disadvantage in that you’re stuck in an animation for the duration of the animation.

A thing it needs is an option in the options menu to disable it completely for you when playing if you never want to use them.

Other than that, I would like them to stay.

They should stay it doesn’t effect gameplay that much and just “knocking out” your enemy with a punch is kind of boring.

I don’t think there’s THAT many people out there who really have an issue with assassinations so I have a feeling(and I hope) they stay.

They should stay but there should be a controller option to disable them since the ‘tap’ is unreliable.

> A thing it needs is an option in the options menu to disable it completely for you when playing if you never want to use them.

Why putting all the effort into its implementation and its animations in the first place when it just becomes a toggle option in the menu in the end?

I would rather see it simply becoming a proper fixed feature instead of this unreliable/“half-baked” implemented mechanic we have had so far.

Make them fix and faster and eventually they won’t bother anyone anymore (I would assume).

Stay.

And make them moar awesomer.

And give them a separate button besides the melee button. I recommend using the sprint button.

I wouldn’t care even if it was in Halo Ce. It serves no purpose except for visual flare. At the very least give me the option to turn it off so I don’t get cheated out of backsmacks due to lag.

> Why putting all the effort into its implementation and its animations in the first place when it just becomes a toggle option in the menu in the end?

Then don’t include it. I don’t want to have to deal with it. Asking for the option to turn it off isn’t unreasonable. Don’t force me to put up with it. I don’t force you to use bumper jumper or 10 sensitivity.

It shouldn’t hurt gameplay.

> Why putting all the effort into its implementation and its animations in the first place when it just becomes a toggle option in the menu in the end?

Because it’s a time based animation that doesn’t affect gameplay in any other way other than making you immobile for the duration of the animation.

Some people would want it as a toggable option due to the nature of it. Sometimes, perhaps due to lag, players will engage in the animation when not meaning to, losing time on it. God knows that have happened to me. Or yoinks for that matter.

As it is an entirely optional feature/mechanic that doesn’t really grant any big advantages/disadvantages, it can have a toggle button.

Do you prefer toggling crouch, or holding for crouch?

Is this also a bash at me for not agreeing with putting sprint in as a custom games option? If that’s the case, then I’m sorry to tell you that sprint and assassinations are of two completely different worlds. Sprint is a game changer, Assassinations are not.

> I would rather see it simply becoming a proper fixed feature instead of this unreliable/“half-baked” implemented mechanic we have had so far.

In what manner? It’s a fancy way of doing an action we’ve been doing since Halo CE. Hitting someone in the back meant an instant kill. I fail to see how we could go any further with it in terms of fleshing out the mechanic/feature in itself.

> Make them fix and faster and eventually they won’t bother anyone anymore (I would assume).

Or we could do that.

> I don’t care if it was in Halo Ce. It serves no purpose except for visual flare. At the very least give me the option to turn it off so I don’t get cheated out of backsmacks due to lag.
>
>
>
> > Why putting all the effort into its implementation and its animations in the first place when it just becomes a toggle option in the menu in the end?
>
> Then don’t include it. I don’t want to have to deal with it. Asking for the option to turn it off isn’t unreasonable. Don’t force me to put up with it. I don’t force you to use bumper jumper or 10 sensitivity.

I think all they have to do is just make it faster or tweak it so that simple tap and hold are more distinguishable. I like assassinations as oppose to just standing their and knocking people out. Plus I prefer having more options in this manner.

> > A thing it needs is an option in the options menu to disable it completely for you when playing if you never want to use them.
>
> Why putting all the effort into its implementation and its animations in the first place when it just becomes a toggle option in the menu in the end?
>
> I would rather see it simply becoming a proper fixed feature instead of this unreliable/“half-baked” implemented mechanic we have had so far.
>
> Make them fix and faster and eventually they won’t bother anyone anymore (I would assume).

Why put all that effort in the campaign if some people can just skip it and go right to multiplayer?
Why put all that effort into an armor set when people aren’t required or garanteed to wear it?

Just because it’s toggleable doesn’t mean there aren’t people who will enjoy and use it, as well as those that won’t.
If you can’t please everyone, at least give them a choice.

> > > A thing it needs is an option in the options menu to disable it completely for you when playing if you never want to use them.
> >
> > Why putting all the effort into its implementation and its animations in the first place when it just becomes a toggle option in the menu in the end?
> >
> > I would rather see it simply becoming a proper fixed feature instead of this unreliable/“half-baked” implemented mechanic we have had so far.
> >
> > Make them fix and faster and eventually they won’t bother anyone anymore (I would assume).
>
> Why put all that effort in the campaign if some people can just skip it and go right to multiplayer?
> Why put all that effort into an armor set when people aren’t required or garanteed to wear it?
>
> Just because it’s toggleable doesn’t mean there aren’t people who will enjoy and use it, as well as those that won’t.
> If you can’t please everyone, at least give them a choice.

Couldn’t of said it better myself.

Yes, but with toggle option hopefully.

This was one of the few features I think Halo Reach and Halo 4 did a phenomenal job at. Its relatively quick, simple, visually appealing, and pretty fun. Not a game breaking feature at all and no reason to remove it.

> Because it’s a time based animation that doesn’t affect gameplay in any other way other than making you immobile for the duration of the animation.
>
> Some people would want it as a toggable option due to the nature of it. Sometimes, perhaps due to lag, players will engage in the animation when not meaning to, losing time on it. God knows that have happened to me. Or yoinks for that matter.
>
> As it is an entirely optional feature/mechanic that doesn’t really grant any big advantages/disadvantages, it can have a toggle button.
>
> Do you prefer toggling crouch, or holding for crouch?

I just mean, the animations would finally become completely redundant then.

Toggling crouch and holding crouch still offers you one an the same: Crouch.
It is just a different controller layout for different preferences.

Togglable Assassinations would mean:
Backsmack: offers you a simple instant 1 hit kill
Assassination: offers you a (longer) 1 hit kill linked to a fancy animation

It would be like as if we implement a vaulting mechanic and make it togglable. It would achieve exactly the same like regular jumping but with the difference that for a moment you are caught in an animation.
I fail to see the point in doing that.

That’s why I think implement either one thing (backsmack) or the other (assassination) but not both.

> I fail to see the point in doing that.
>
> That’s why I think implement either one thing (backsmack) or the other (assassination) but not both.

Since the feature already exists and just needs to be ported to H5, implement a toggle that allows people to choose rather than forcing the developer to disappoint one side or the other. That’s the point.

It’s like saying you fail to see the point in having two different - but equivalent - controller layouts and arguing to make the developer implement one over the other.

> > I fail to see the point in doing that.
> >
> > That’s why I think implement either one thing (backsmack) or the other (assassination) but not both.
>
> Since the feature already exists and just needs to be ported to H5, implement a toggle that allows people to choose rather than forcing the developer to disappoint one side or the other. That’s the point.
>
> It’s like saying you fail to see the point in having two different - but equivalent - controller layouts and arguing to make the developer implement one over the other.

I agree with this people should have choices this wouldn’t be fair to anyone.

I would rather it stay and is completely optional.