Assassinations in Halo 4?

One feature I haven’t seen ANYBODY dump on are the assassinations from Reach.

I’m just starting this thread to gather other people’s opinions. Do you think they should be in Halo 4?
I personally think that they should be, and they should be a lot more animations than before.

Personally I don’t like them, but I don’t see why they’d not be in Halo 4. Many regard them as a ‘positive’ addition. As long as there’s an option to turn the assassination animation off then I’m fine with it.

Well, both yes and no. Yes, if 343 decides to make them much quicker than now. I mean, you’re supposed to get rewarded for managing to sneak up on someone, so a quick assassination animation would definitely be better. No if you still assassinate at a horribly slow rate. Personally, I hate seeing my spartan put a knife in the other player I’m trying to assassinate only to see it get yoinked. Although it’s quite amusing when you’re the one doing the yoinking. :stuck_out_tongue:

> Well, both yes and no. Yes, if 343 decides to make them much quicker than now. I mean, you’re supposed to get rewarded for managing to sneak up on someone, so a quick assassination animation would definitely be better. No if you still assassinate at a horribly slow rate. Personally, I hate seeing my spartan put a knife in the other player I’m trying to assassinate only to see it get yoinked. Although it’s quite amusing when you’re the one doing the yoinking. :stuck_out_tongue:

How about a compromise, the assassinations can be a bit lengthy, but the second that your knife (or hands in the case of the neck snap assassination) touches the assassinated player, then you definitely get the credit for that kill if either you get killed during the assassination, or if someone else is shooting at the person you’re assassinating. And how about for a yoink medal instead of getting more credits, you get negative credits, you get the point for the kill, but you lose credits every time you yoink somebody.

Personally I’d love to see assassinations, but I’d like to see more variety in the killing. Here’s my idea for an assassination with a needler: Player A initiates assassination on player B, A sticks all of the needles in the back of B’s head, the needles explode and needler flies maybe six feet in the air and player A catches the needler and quickly reloads. It wouldn’t cost any ammo because can’t we sacrifice realism for the sake a a sweet assassination? Here are some other weapons that I would like to see used for weapon-specific assassinations: needler, gravity hammer, spiker, brute shot (if returning), flag, skull/bomb, grenade launcher (if returning). You could do an assassination with a grenade launcher by wrapping it around victim’s neck, and then a quick twist to snap it.

> > Well, both yes and no. Yes, if 343 decides to make them much quicker than now. I mean, you’re supposed to get rewarded for managing to sneak up on someone, so a quick assassination animation would definitely be better. No if you still assassinate at a horribly slow rate. Personally, I hate seeing my spartan put a knife in the other player I’m trying to assassinate only to see it get yoinked. Although it’s quite amusing when you’re the one doing the yoinking. :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> How about a compromise, the assassinations can be a bit lengthy, but the second that your knife (or hands in the case of the neck snap assassination) touches the assassinated player, then you definitely get the credit for that kill if either you get killed during the assassination, or if someone else is shooting at the person you’re assassinating. And how about for a yoink medal instead of getting more credits, you get negative credits, you get the point for the kill, but you lose credits every time you yoink somebody.

I agree yoinks are annoying and people shouldnt be getting medals for them.

I could be wrong but I believe that I may have seen a Halo Anniversary Edition E3 commercial with an assassination in multiplayer, so that would mean that they are definitely in Halo 4.

I actually thought assassinations were quick, as compaired to the stealth kills in Crysis 2. I definitely would like to see weapon specific ones, and I agree that we should sacrifice realism for awesomeness by not requiring ammo.

Maybe during the assassination, both players should be invincible? That may be a little unbalanced though.

> I could be wrong but I believe that I may have seen a Halo Anniversary Edition E3 commercial with an assassination in multiplayer, so that would mean that they are definitely in Halo 4.

Umm… CEA is using Reach multiplayer, kind of like how ODST did with Halo 3.

Hopefully NOT.

I’d be really sad if there weren’t assassinations in H4. I love to yoink… >:)

> One feature I haven’t seen ANYBODY dump on are the assassinations from Reach.
>
> I’m just starting this thread to gather other people’s opinions. Do you think they should be in Halo 4?
> I personally think that they should be, and they should be a lot more animations than before.

I think they should be in campaign but not in competitive machmaking because it slows down the game. Also it pisses me off when I get yoinked.

I do not like the assassination system in Reach. Often assassinations come out when I didn’t want them to and it’s just more effective to slap someone on the back without an animation leaving me vulnerable. I could care less about getting yoinked. My friends and I actually WANT the kill to get yoinked just so we can get moving again. I wouldn’t mind if they stayed but I think the way they are performed has to be a little less open to be mistakenly done.

If they’re in they need to be in 1:st person, that would be bad -Yoink-.

> If they’re in they need to be in 1:st person, that would be BADA$$

Nah, that would suck. You’d only see the back of your opponent and your arms moving quickly. Kinda like Hollywood martial arts movies; angry faces and flying fists. Compared to that, assassinations in Reach are like good Hong Kong martial arts movies.

I think assassinations should be a custom selection in your character profile. People could unlock or buy new styles. For those who don’t like them they could select a fast styled version or an option to not use them at all.

Assassinations are one of the most useless features I saw in a game. Worse, is that you’re vulnerable while doing it and it takes longer than simply beating someone down, and you get in 3rd person which is something I dislike in FPSes. It’s just a fancy animation that gets old real fast, a gimmick like all the AA crap. They can put it all they like in Halo 4, but you won’t see me using it.

> Assassinations are one of the most useless features I saw in a game. Worse, is that you’re vulnerable while doing it and it takes longer than simply beating someone down, and you get in 3rd person which is something I dislike in FPSes. It’s just a fancy animation that gets old real fast, a gimmick like all the AA crap. They can put it all they like in Halo 4, but you won’t see me using it.

And that’s exactly the reason why assassinations should be in future Halo games: They’re OPTIONAL, thus no harm done to those who don’t want to use them.

Seeing as they’re highlighted in almost every promo that has come out since Reach. I think it is safe to assume they will be a feature going forward.

> I think assassinations should be a custom selection in your character profile. People could unlock or buy new styles. For those who don’t like them they could select a fast styled version or an option to not use them at all.

This is actually a really sweet idea, purchasable animations for assassinations. But would we get to preview them before we decide we want to buy? Maybe we could also have assassination loadouts for a player, each player can decide which 3 non-weapon related assassination they want.