Assassinations and 'Nades

Out of all of the decisions 343 made with this game, there are two that perplex me the most: the assassination system and the choice of grenades in a loadout.

The assassination system has been redundant since Reach. With this system, if you’re behind a player you have two choices:

1. Hold down RT to go into a 5 second assassination animation in which the camera switches to third person that allows both teammates to yoink you and enemies to kill you while you can’t shoot.

2. Kill them instantly with one melee.

Now, besides for looks, why would ANYONE go with option 1 when option 2 is so much more effectient? This game doesn’t reward assassinations enough and a change is necessary. To prevent this redundancy, I propose that a standard melee to the back should not kill them, but act as a normal melee. An assassination should still kill them instantly, however.

Now on to grenades. My question is: why would anyone choose anything but plasma grenades? They are more powerful frag grenades with sticking capabilities. The pulse grenades are the worst choice because of the near impossibility of kills with them and the fact that you only spawn with one. Frag grenades should be more powerful so that they are a viable option against plasma grenades. Pulse grenades should also be more like the power drain from Halo 3 in terms of damage, and you should spawn with two. This way, they would be reasonable choices against their plasma brethren.

you can do nice bounces off walls with frags from a distance, good for killin campers.

Pulse grenades have their advantages like stopping someone coming through a doorway.
throwing on the flag when they are about to grab it. I just get mad you only get one when you spawn. so they are useful you just have to know how to use them

I thought frag grenades had a larger blast radius, effectively making them “more powerful”.

Plasmas are great for BTB. In 4, it seems like it’s a little bit harder to stick opponents than in previous games, so I usually use plasma for BTB and frags for other gametypes.

The pulse grenades are fun to use every once in a while, more as an area-of-denial than an attack. I never put them in my loadout but I always pick them up if they drop on-map. One time I got a double kill with them on Solace, though. That was cool.

> Out of all of the decisions 343 made with this game, there are two that perplex me the most: the assassination system and the choice of grenades in a loadout.
>
> The assassination system has been redundant since Reach. With this system, if you’re behind a player you have two choices:
>
> 1) Hold down RT to go into a 5 second assassination animation in which the camera switches to third person that allows both teammates to yoink you and enemies to kill you while you can’t shoot.
>
> 2) Kill them instantly with one melee.
>
> Now, besides for looks, why would ANYONE go with option 1 when option 2 is so much more effectient? This game doesn’t reward assassinations enough and a change is necessary. To prevent this redundancy, I propose that a standard melee to the back should not kill them, but act as a normal melee. An assassination should still kill them instantly, however.
>
> Now on to grenades. My question is: why would anyone choose anything but plasma grenades? They are more powerful frag grenades with sticking capabilities. The pulse grenades are the worst choice because of the near impossibility of kills with them and the fact that you only spawn with one. Frag grenades should be more powerful so that they are a viable option against plasma grenades. Pulse grenades should also be more like the power drain from Halo 3 in terms of damage, and you should spawn with two. This way, they would be reasonable choices against their plasma brethren.

I’ve been saying that same thing about assassinations since Reach. Melee to the back should be regular melee, assassination should be one hit kill now.

Grenades - I went from using nothing but sticky to frags. They go much further and I’m good at bouncing them. I get many more kills with them. I can only seem to get kills with stickies when I run straight into someone, stick them…but then I die too.

Pulse grenades are lol. You can sprint straight through them and they only do about 1/3 of your shields in damage. I think they SHOULD NOT explode or kill you, but should drain your shield to zero the instant you touch them. If you are already in them when they expand, your shield drains down, but is to nothing in about .5 seconds. You should also spawn with 2

No melee in the back should kill. Just screw the assassination. Its pointless and sucks…

The thing that pisses me off is when I just tap the melee button and the guy goes in to an assassination… #¤"¤#%/ Why not make it a two button combo. Like A+B at the same time. Works good in fighting games for certain moves…

I’ve been getting much more grenade kills with the frags. They seem to have a larger blast radius although probably deal less damage than plasmas. Pulse nades are more for strategy than kills. Assassinations annoy me too. I can’t seem to get any because I’m always getting yoinked.

You must be delusional. Frags are the best! You can bounce them around corners and they are extremely effective in closed area’s. No other grenade can bounce like frags can.

The floor bounce ability of the Frag is the best.

Under the structure at the bottom of Haven gets them every time. Try doing that as effectively with plasma.