Assassination Weapons

After looking at the thread asking for the Katana’s return I got an idea.

We could unlock different assassination weapons. These weapons will be a wide variate of different knifes. There would be the normal knifes strafing from the basic combat knife to what Emile had to things like machetes. Then there could be special assassination weapons that would be harder to unlock, these special weapons would be like Katana’s, Ninjato’s, and other more comical weapons like that. They don’t all have to be knifes. They would all appear on the spartan to make them look more bad -Yoink- and they would have their own assassinations.

Thoughts??

I rather see specific assassinations for each weapon, just like in Gears of War 3, or even environmental assassinations aka throw someone of a bridge or similar. Though I must say, it would be awesome to assassinate someone with the Katana, ninja style ^^

> I rather see specific assassinations for each weapon, just like in Gears of War 3, or even environmental assassinations aka throw someone of a bridge or similar. Though I must say, it would be awesome to assassinate someone with the Katana, ninja style ^^

There can’t really be a cool assassination for each regular weapon. If its a gun it will most likely involve using ammunition, and I don’t want to do that. A stealth designated weapon that doesn’t affect your future like a knife is the only type of weapon that should be in assassinations. Well that’s my opinion anyway.

> > I rather see specific assassinations for each weapon, just like in Gears of War 3, or even environmental assassinations aka throw someone of a bridge or similar. Though I must say, it would be awesome to assassinate someone with the Katana, ninja style ^^
>
> There can’t really be a cool assassination for each regular weapon. If its a gun it will most likely involve using ammunition, and I don’t want to do that. A stealth designated weapon that doesn’t affect your future like a knife is the only type of weapon that should be in assassinations. Well that’s my opinion anyway.

Nope, every weapon available in Gears of War has a unique assassination, and none of them uses any ammo, I though that would be obvious?
Most of the weapons are used in different ways to snap necks, smack heads, break bones or splat enemies when you assassinate, the only one I can think of that actually “fires” is the flame-thrower that burns the victims body from within, but not even that uses any ammo. If you think about it, it would be stupid to require you to have ammo to be able to use an assassination, since shooting is hardly stealth or “assassin” style :stuck_out_tongue:

> > > I rather see specific assassinations for each weapon, just like in Gears of War 3, or even environmental assassinations aka throw someone of a bridge or similar. Though I must say, it would be awesome to assassinate someone with the Katana, ninja style ^^
> >
> > There can’t really be a cool assassination for each regular weapon. If its a gun it will most likely involve using ammunition, and I don’t want to do that. A stealth designated weapon that doesn’t affect your future like a knife is the only type of weapon that should be in assassinations. Well that’s my opinion anyway.
>
> Nope, every weapon available in Gears of War has a unique assassination, and none of them uses any ammo, I though that would be obvious?
> Most of the weapons are used in different ways to snap necks, smack heads, break bones or splat enemies when you assassinate, the only one I can think of that actually “fires” is the flame-thrower that burns the victims body from within, but not even that uses any ammo. If you think about it, it would be stupid to require you to have ammo to be able to use an assassination, since shooting is hardly stealth or “assassin” style :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s not really what I meant. I have played gears, most of the weapons in gears have the right concepts, as well as the game is the right genre. Halo is more realistic while sci fi at the same time. Plus, hitting the guy with your gun is pretty much just a fancy melee. I think a knife is the most logical and most sensible choice for Halo assassinations. In my opinion it looks better to. Id much rather stab a guy in the neck then slap him in the face with the side of my rifle or something like that.

I think the knives should be mini light sabers or something since everyone is wearing Mark VI or VII MJOLNIR armor that shouldn’t be penetrated by knives in the first place.

> I think the knives should be mini light sabers or something since everyone is wearing Mark VI or VII MJOLNIR armor that shouldn’t be penetrated by knives in the first place.

A knife is not going to get through the titanium plating, but he soft areas in between are fine.

I think it would be cool. Like if you were wearing the katana chest piece or something similar it would add another assassination animation to the list that you would do at random. On the topic of other weapons having specific assassinations, I think the Halo sandox has gotten a little too big for them to think of exclusive assassinations for each weapon, but I do think the grav hammer should have one seeing as the sword did.

> > I think the knives should be mini light sabers or something since everyone is wearing Mark VI or VII MJOLNIR armor that shouldn’t be penetrated by knives in the first place.
>
> A knife is not going to get through the titanium plating, but he soft areas in between are fine.

About that though: what about the assassination that goes through the top of the helmet in Reach?

You know, the one that people keep taking dirty pictures of…

How does the knife go through the helmet?

> > > I think the knives should be mini light sabers or something since everyone is wearing Mark VI or VII MJOLNIR armor that shouldn’t be penetrated by knives in the first place.
> >
> > A knife is not going to get through the titanium plating, but he soft areas in between are fine.
>
> About that though: what about the assassination that goes through the top of the helmet in Reach?
>
> You know, the one that people keep taking dirty pictures of…
>
> How does the knife go through the helmet?

I think that’s what you would call a fail on Bungie’s side.

> > > > I think the knives should be mini light sabers or something since everyone is wearing Mark VI or VII MJOLNIR armor that shouldn’t be penetrated by knives in the first place.
> > >
> > > A knife is not going to get through the titanium plating, but he soft areas in between are fine.
> >
> > About that though: what about the assassination that goes through the top of the helmet in Reach?
> >
> > You know, the one that people keep taking dirty pictures of…
> >
> > How does the knife go through the helmet?
>
> I think that’s what you would call a fail on Bungie’s side.

Bring on the mini light sabers, 343i

> > > > > I think the knives should be mini light sabers or something since everyone is wearing Mark VI or VII MJOLNIR armor that shouldn’t be penetrated by knives in the first place.
> > > >
> > > > A knife is not going to get through the titanium plating, but he soft areas in between are fine.
> > >
> > > About that though: what about the assassination that goes through the top of the helmet in Reach?
> > >
> > > You know, the one that people keep taking dirty pictures of…
> > >
> > > How does the knife go through the helmet?
> >
> > I think that’s what you would call a fail on Bungie’s side.
>
> Bring on the mini light sabers, 343i

their head goes back and I’m pretty sure its through the visor.
for the mid air one where it goes through the head, I also like to think that its the back of the neck, for realism reasons

Here are some ideas for the harder to get, special assassinations weapons. The obvious Katana, the Ninjato(pic} which is very similar to the Katana but more straight. The claymore (pic1, pic2). The Kilij (pic). We should be able to slightly customize these. The colours at least.

Prior to the release to Reach, Bungie said they were experimenting weapon specific assassinations, but only the Energy Sword had one when it released. Hopefully they give power weapons the ability to have their own unique assassinations.

> Prior to the release to Reach, Bungie said they were experimenting weapon specific assassinations, but only the Energy Sword had one when it released. Hopefully they give power weapons the ability to have their own unique assassinations.

I cant see how gun assassinations would make a lot of sense. I’d much rather take a blade, plus having a sword on your back would make you look as bad -Yoink- as it gets.

Sounds good.

I would like to be able to unlock new knives to do different assassinations.

Or a rubber chicken to do a “FRIENDSHIP” move like from Mortal Kombat.

> After looking at the thread asking for the Katana’s return I got an idea.
>
> We could unlock different assassination weapons. These weapons will be a wide variate of different knifes. There would be the normal knifes strafing from the basic combat knife to what Emile had to things like machetes. Then there could be special assassination weapons that would be harder to unlock, these special weapons would be like Katana’s, Ninjato’s, and other more comical weapons like that. They don’t all have to be knifes. They would all appear on the spartan to make them look more bad -Yoink!- and they would have their own assassinations.
>
> Thoughts??

I like that idea. It could be something we can unlock in the armory.

I wouldn’t mind having a Katana be used for assassinations…Hmm been playing to much Ninja Giaden 3. Also lets just add in Scorpions kunai spear rope just for kicks.

Maybe sometime down the road we can get the ability to carry two assassination weapons. Two Katana’s on your spartans back, or two claymore’s.

> Maybe sometime down the road we can get the ability to carry two assassination weapons. Two Katana’s on your spartans back, or two claymore’s.

Overkill much my friend?