Assassination Types

If assassinations do return… Would you like to be able to choose between a quick assassination or a prolonged one? By quick I mean a stab to the spine ,slash across the neck, or a simple neck snap. Prolonged is pretty much the existing. Thoughts please. Also any new assassination suggestion would be appreciated.

Edit: Switched “show-off” with prolonged…as you’re already showing off doing an assassination…yeah.

An assassination where my guy says: “You just got Sarge’d!”

> An assassination where my guy says: “You just got Sarge’d!”

That’d be cool. Get to have your Spartan, or Elite hopefully, say something during assassination. Maybe even have your own voice?

An assassination where I am holding a shotgun and all
I hear is “YOU JUST GOT SARGED” BOOM! Maybe one where you would jump on the spartan and just wildly stab him really fast. Maybe a needler assassination where you grab the other player with 1 arm then just lift their head up with your needler, stabbing them, and then just fire away(none of your ammo would be used). Maybe one where you come up to a spartan with a gravity hammer and then they look back just to see you smack them away with your hammer, also they would fly really far. When near a cliff or some fall that would Kill you the victim would just get kicked off it epicly or go meta style and just throw them off.

> > An assassination where my guy says: “You just got Sarge’d!”
>
> That’d be cool. Get to have your Spartan, or Elite hopefully, say something during assassination. Maybe even have your own voice?

“What’s to understand about swish swish stab?”
“You’re about to get Simmonsized!”
“Tucker did it!”
“I’ve got half a mind to kill you, and the other half agrees!”

More weapon assassinations. Like if you have a BR or DMR, a kick in the knee and then a shot to the neck or head.

> More weapon assassinations. Like if you have a BR or DMR, a kick in the knee and then a shot to the neck or head.

Agreed.

Just look at GOW to see what they did with all the Weapon Assassinations.

> More weapon assassinations. Like if you have a BR or DMR, a kick in the knee and then a shot to the neck or head.

Hmm makes me want a Needler specific assassination.

> > More weapon assassinations. Like if you have a BR or DMR, a kick in the knee and then a shot to the neck or head.
>
> Hmm makes me want a Needler specific assassination.

I’m thinking spin the other guy around and smack him full in the face with the spiked side, then kick him off the impaling needles.

> > > More weapon assassinations. Like if you have a BR or DMR, a kick in the knee and then a shot to the neck or head.
> >
> > Hmm makes me want a Needler specific assassination.
>
> I’m thinking spin the other guy around and smack him full in the face with the spiked side, then kick him off the impaling needles.

And the a supercombine would happen just for the visual effects.

> And the a supercombine would happen just for the visual effects.

I feel like that would be akin to assassinating someone with a live frag grenade.

Gravity Hammer:

1. Kick the enemy player over, then hammer to the head
  2. Jump-hammer to the skull
  3. Hammer to the spine
  4. Use the blade on the back as an executioners ax

-Kick in the nuts from behind, followed by a knife to the base of the skull
-rip the weapon off of the other players back or leg, then shoot them with it

I would like some that emphasize the quiet aspect of what was done, a silent take down. Sneaking up behind an enemy and simply driving the knife up into the skull, and easing the body down.
With weapons that already have blades (such as brute weapons), ensure that the blades of those weapons get used.

In TF2, when you backstab someone your swing animation is different but you still kill them instantly with no sit back and watch your character animation.

That’s something I’d consider for Halo. One example, I go to melee someone in the back with a Plasma Pistol, but instead of the normal punch animation I do a fierce downwards swing on top of their head.

I don’t like third person, lengthy animations that take away control of your character though.

> Gravity Hammer:
> 1) Kick the enemy player over, then hammer to the head
> 2) Jump-hammer to the skull
> 3) Hammer to the spine
> 4) Use the blade on the back as an executioners ax
>
> -Kick in the nuts from behind, followed by a knife to the base of the skull
> -rip the weapon off of the other players back or leg, then shoot them with it

That would be cool, each weapon had multiple types of Assassinations.

Just like it is done with GOW. But it should not be a simple hold for longer as this normally action a Assassination when you just wanted a simple 1 hit beat down.

You do the normal 1 hit beat down, but prompted with A,B,X,Y to perform Assassination. Each letter would be a type of assassination.

A - Standard Default Assassination with Knife.
B, X & Y - Weapon Assassination

Or something like this.

This would be a great way to evolve Halo Assassinations for H5