Assassination Thieves

Lately I’ve played so many games where within a small area I tend to go for assassinations. Normally I know sometimes people get caught up in the moment but when there’s one enemy around and I try to assassinate it seems that the entire teams deems it got to shoot and steal the kill. Are people really getting a ride out of stealing kills? Or just upset that they couldn’t get the assassination? Shame how all these newcomers have started doing that this wasn’t always the casein previous titles with the assassination.

<mark>Do not post inappropriate comments.</mark>

Not sure. All I know is that those kill stealers are pure cancer.

I experience this sometimes and it annoys me. Mainly because these same players refuse to team shoot so its me vs the world but they’ll take my kill that’s already a done deal.

On a side note, does this happen more with bad players to you guys? None of my friends like Halo 5 so I’ve been playing solo. For some reason, as a Platinum, I am always paired against a team full of Platinums. Makes sense, sure. But why is my team ALWAYS full of Unranked players? What the hell is the point of ranks if I get Unranked teammates constantly?

It’s because of the massive influx of new players.

They will learn soon enough

(This is a bit off topic)

It’s strange. I sit back and enjoy the show when my teammate is doing an assassination, but when my teammate is getting assassinated I can NEVER kill the attacker before my teammate dies. Even if I start firing when I spot the attacker sneaking up. Not once have I been able to stop the assassination, even in SWAT.

I tend not to mind so much. I care more about the person being dead than getting credit for the assassination. Though I understand your frustration.

Yea they gotta add like a faster assassination time sequence or something , I know how annoying it is getting cherry picked.

I have a bad habit of not being able to tell sometimes and just shoot, if I steal a kill from it though I feel bad about it. I don’t normally have a problem myself with it on players but with the AI in war zone I can never get an assassination in.

I like to stand in front of the enemy and -Yoink!- while he gets assasinated… so its like the last thing he sees before getting a kinfe rammed in his head is a dude teabagging and smiling right in front of him… haha classic

I only read the subject title…

But lmfao dude… If you are mad about kids stealing your animated assassinations, then TURN THEM OFF. Just turn off the animated assassinations and you wont have that problem.

Thats what ive done. Animated assassinations take too long anyways so you either get killed by the other team or your team steals the kill.

I can’t stand people that steal assassinations if it’s an accident than fine but walk up watch then steal makes me mad

I will shoot at an enemy player any time I can, with the only exceptions being that it’s tactically bad to do so at that time. I.e my shields are down and I don’t want to let them know where I am.

So when I see a moronic team member slowly assassination an enemy, and I have an opportunity to kill that enemy quickly, I take it. Assassinations take time and leave you at risk while the animation plays out, I’ve disabled them because I like to play competitively.

> 2533274894783242;5:
> (This is a bit off topic)
>
> It’s strange. I sit back and enjoy the show when my teammate is doing an assassination, but when my teammate is getting assassinated I can NEVER kill the attacker before my teammate dies. Even if I start firing when I spot the attacker sneaking up. Not once have I been able to stop the assassination, even in SWAT.

Just bad luck I guess? I’ve killed loads, and also been saved by other team mates when I was being assassinated. I don’t think there’s a huge window of opportunity though, you have to be quick and also use a powerful attack. A sword would do it, or a sniper headshot, spartan charge from behind etc.

> 2533274898941621;10:
> I only read the subject title…
>
> But lmfao dude… If you are mad about kids stealing your animated assassinations, then TURN THEM OFF. Just turn off the animated assassinations and you wont have that problem.
>
> Thats what ive done. Animated assassinations take too long anyways so you either get killed by the other team or your team steals the kill.

That’s not his point. His point his, the team goes out of their way to steal his kill, but don’t work for their own kills, they just come in and clean up.

I’ve had shockingly few assassinations stolen from me (or myself killed before it was finished). I find that the assassinations that bend the opponent and yourself over, lower to the ground, help mitigate stealing as headshots are slightly harder to get.

you should turn them off anyway

> 2533274843610258;16:
> you should turn them off anyway

They give a certain satisfaction when executed.

> 2533274898941621;10:
> I only read the subject title…
>
> But lmfao dude… If you are mad about kids stealing your animated assassinations, then TURN THEM OFF. Just turn off the animated assassinations and you wont have that problem.
>
> Thats what ive done. Animated assassinations take too long anyways so you either get killed by the other team or your team steals the kill.

How does that make sense? I get for competitively you would turn them off to get fast melee kills and move on. However, what’s the damn point of having the feature of assassinations? Where’s the respect in the community of it just turns into another one of those “Oh the insert game title community is just full of try hards/kill stealers/noobs/ that no one enjoys playing with anymore.”

If someone “steals” my assassination, I will verbally thank them as it’s usually an accident that I’m in the animation.

i will always pop one bullet into the head of someone being assassinated. Why? Because if they’re “one shot” then you are wasting everybody else’s time and putting yourself at risk when you could have popped one bullet to their head and they would be dead. But no, you had to chase them without shooting and possibly cause the death of a team mate who’s life you could have saved. if they die from my one headshot and I “steal” your kill then you shouldn’t have been assassinating them in the first place.

It really was back in the other halo’s