Assassination question

Sometimes assassinations just take way to long. And I’ll sit biting my finger nails as i assassinate someone in three combat. And then die. I know you can turn assassinations off, but I have a couple questions about it.

1. How much damage does a melee to the back do?

Is it an instant kill like an assassination? That’s what it was in the older Halos before assassinations.

1. What does it count as?

You know when you look to the side of the screen after you make a kill, it tells you who made the kill, how, and who got killed. If it is an assassination, it will show a little knife. What does it show if you just melee someone in the back assuming it does the same amount of damage as an assassination.

Thank you to all who reply. This will help me out a lot and also help whoever else views this post also looking for answers.

> 2535445555605570;1:
> Sometimes assassinations just take way to long. And I’ll sit biting my finger nails as i assassinate someone in three combat. And then die. I know you can turn assassinations off, but I have a couple questions about it.
>
> 1. How much damage does a melee to the back do?
>
> Is it an instant kill like an assassination? That’s what it was in the older Halos before assassinations.
>
> 2. What does it count as?
>
> You know when you look to the side of the screen after you make a kill, it tells you who made the kill, how, and who got killed. If it is an assassination, it will show a little knife. What does it show if you just melee someone in the back assuming it does the same amount of damage as an assassination.
>
> Thank you to all who reply. This will help me out a lot and also help whoever else views this post also looking for answers.

Yes it is a one hit kill in the back, and it counts as a ninja medal (melee kill).
You can use the assassination called “104 ways to die”, it’s the fastest assassination (so far).

Thank you so much. that clears it up for me.