Assassination/Hand Combat

(This can be for Halo 5: Guardians or even future Halos down the line)

I’d like more animations/variety to assassinations. Maybe riskier types could have some sort of skill to it. Even different knife styles would be cool.

What would you like to see be done with assassinations?

Also… hand to hand combat… that could make things interesting.
Imagine…
That if two Spartans get in close enough, during battle, one of the players could knock the others gun from his hand in a rarely timed executed move. This could LOCK each Spartan in a ‘maximum’ 5-6 second fight. (It’d have to be very quick since Halo is fast paced and these fights would have to be in and out. Most fights would hover around 2-3 seconds… not too far off from some current assassinations) This fight would be to the death, often ending in a spectacular death blow. The controls would be very simple… could be just the 2 thumbsticks and if used correctly would bring your Spartan to a victory. It’d be 2-6 seconds of absolute intense madness between two Spartans to the death. Note: Both players can be killed by some other enemy around the area… just like what can happen in the middle of an assassination.

Very fast, quick, and short skill based fights would create some very intense moments in Halo.

What do you think about fast, quick, and short skill based fights in Halo?

I like what your saying, but I don’t know if it would feel like ‘Halo’ anymore…

But as for the assassinations. when you assassinate someone, you just get this awesome feeling. 343i should really put emphasis on making them good. Maybe stuff like, if the enemy is close, or on a ledge, and they get ‘Sparta-kicked’ off. Or instead of using the old-fashioned knife, stuff like grenades get stuck on them.

(much like the end of Halo 4 campaign with the Didact)

It’s not a bad idea, but it seems like Halo 5 moves so fast it’d be hard for BOTH players not to get mowed down.

However, I’ve put much thought into customizing the Assassinations. In Reach it was all about the knife pretty much. The knife was visible on your armor and you used it for the assassination. In Halo 4 it was the same thing only the knife isn’t visible which has been explained. Well what if we could have the option for the knife to be visible or not? Every Spartan has one so why not choose to show it or not show it.

Furthering this I would like different weapons. Remember the energy gauntlet sowrd things the Elites had in Reach? Why can’t we have a UNSC version of those? Or a Brute dagger? Or the cut machete from Halo: CE? Using differnt weapons in the assassination would trigger different assassinations, each unique sets for each different weapon.

I’ve also put some thought into assassination “personalities.” What if your Spartan was a grizzled badass or an aggresive fighter? Would they assassinate players the same as other Spartans? No. Assassination personalities would enable players to choose different presets that give Spartans differing assassination techniques.

Wanna be an angry assassin? Choose an aggresive assassination style

Wanna be a graceful assassin? Choose a graceful set.

Offering different sets of assassination animations would help define your Spartan and add a little more personality to the way you play.

I don’t like the idea of hand to hand combat. The point of melee to begin with is to speed up close range encounters, this would slow things down quite a bit. Instead of simply smacking someone and having them die, we would be locked in a six second struggle to the death. No thanks.

I’m not a fan of assassinations either, but whatever.

> 2533274819935677;3:
> However, I’ve put much thought into customizing the Assassinations. In Reach it was all about the knife pretty much. The knife was visible on your armor and you used it for the assassination. In Halo 4 it was the same thing only the knife isn’t visible which has been explained.

I agree with what you said, but I always wondered about the H4 knife. What was the explanation?

> 2533274932540799;5:
> > 2533274819935677;3:
> > However, I’ve put much thought into customizing the Assassinations. In Reach it was all about the knife pretty much. The knife was visible on your armor and you used it for the assassination. In Halo 4 it was the same thing only the knife isn’t visible which has been explained.
>
>
>
> I agree with what you said, but I always wondered about the H4 knife. What was the explanation?

Lord of Admirals on Bungie.net said (don’t fully qoute me because I do not fulyy remember) that it was an extra hard “pocket” in the armor the knife comes out of. Think of how Iron Man’s extra gadgets come out of his armor. This is also how Spartans store extra ammo I blieve as well. It’s implemented or stored into a certain area within the armor. I think.

I really wouldn’t like hand to hand combat, kinda beats the purpose of a melee. :confused:

If we had hand to hand combat like Matrix, then that would be very badass, but it would also slow the game down.

If this ever did happen though, I’d imagine a button that allows you to counter an enemy assassination and then try to out button combo. If the animation isn’t settled within 4 timed button combos, then it draw and bot players will resume the standard arena battle up close.

9/10 people are too late to even know that they were in danger of being assassinated. The counter button will allow you to fight for your life. If you don’t initiate counter, then you die.

> 2533274821174589;8:
> If we had hand to hand combat like Matrix, then that would be very badass, but it would also slow the game down.
>
> If this ever did happen though, I’d imagine a button that allows you to counter an enemy assassination and then try to out button combo. If the animation isn’t settled within 4 timed button combos, then it draw and bot players will resume the standard arena battle up close.
>
> 9/10 people are too late to even know that they were in danger of being assassinated. The counter button will allow you to fight for your life.

Sounds like a good idea.

I’m part of that 9/10, I have no idea I’m being assassinated until the knife is already firmly in my body…

I like the assassination idea a lot since it makes me the player feel like a super force to be reckoned with. When I first came across it and used it in Reach it made me feel like a legitimate Spartan saving mankind from hostile xenophobic aliens and that the whole Covenant were now in some serious trouble. Imagine if assassinations in H5 evolved and were expanded by performing the action when approaching the enemy from any direction including front and sides along with approaching from behind. A single melee action while facing the enemy is optional of course but by holding the melee button down while facing the enemy or more to the left or right opens up a whole new range of CQC actions that can be put together. Then have the Wetwork feature of speed up assassination actions from H4 a standard Spartan feature in H5, since Spartans are supposed to move with faster than normal reflexes and speed with some added strength and power beyond normal capacity making in game Spartans even more badass and being badass in Halo is a lot of fun.