Assassination Glitch?

So I posted on this awhile back but the answers I got didn’t really fix the problem. Usually, when you assassinate someone, it zooms out to 3rd person, does the assassination and then, gives you the medal. I have no problem with this in Reach or Halo 4 but when I do Halo 5, I hold right bumper, it starts to zoom out but then zooms back in. The other player sees this too and he/she just turns around and pummels me into the ground.
I was curious if maybe this is only due to me using the Halo 4 button config or if its due to network connection. Anyways, any help I would appreciate.

> 2535420210963862;1:
> So I posted on this awhile back but the answers I got didn’t really fix the problem. Usually, when you assassinate someone, it zooms out to 3rd person, does the assassination and then, gives you the medal. I have no problem with this in Reach or Halo 4 but when I do Halo 5, I hold right bumper, it starts to zoom out but then zooms back in. The other player sees this too and he/she just turns around and pummels me into the ground.
> I was curious if maybe this is only due to me using the Halo 4 button config or if its due to network connection. Anyways, any help I would appreciate.

So this is actually kind of odd. I’ve been able to recreate this behaviour pretty often. Others, including myself, have narrowed it down to being at a distance where you would “collide” with the wall, even if the player doesn’t reach the wall at any point during the animation. Moving closer to the wall can actually negate this issue for some reason.

This can happen on ramps too, a common place to see it is on the small ramps in tower on Empire. Standing in the middle of the ramp commonly recreates this problem.

A way to avoid this could be to simply melee the player to guarantee the kill, otherwise, you can be slightly more patient and wait until they’re away from an area similar to that which is described.

Halo Reach and 4 both handled this by just instantly assassinating the enemy, instead of cancelling it.

I have had that happen to me only once in Halo 5 and twice in Halo Reach. I’ve even done it to a player in Halo Reach but never seen it happen in Halo 4.