Assassination Etiquette

Cue fancy music
Fancy British voice

Hello everyone I am MatthewDK2001 and I will be your host today welcome to postapocalypse we will be discussing the “Assassination Etiquette”

The assassination etiquette is quite simple when someone is assassinating do not kill their victim unless he or she is under fire, and to the assassin do not -Yoink!- unless you are a punk -Yoink-

This has Postapocalypse with your host MatthewDK2001 I hope you have a marvelous day

My gripe with assassinations is by the time it takes you to sneak up on your opponent it could have already caused the deaths of your teammate’s.

With that being said… I am currently on the last commendation phase of assassinations. So I guess I’m a bit of a hypocrite.

Hiding around blind corners is a great way to get the jump on someone. Just try not to smack your target on their shoulder pad.

> 2533274939354123;1:
> Cue fancy music
> Fancy British voice
>
> Hello everyone I am MatthewDK2001 and I will be your host today welcome to postapocalypse we will be discussing the “Assassination Etiquette”
>
> The assassination etiquette is quite simple when someone is assassinating do not kill their victim unless he or she is under fire, and to the assassin do not -Yoink!- unless you are a punk -Yoink-
>
> This has Postapocalypse with your host MatthewDK2001 I hope you have a marvelous day

I do my best to not intentionally yoink someone, but If I don’t see the animation start. I’m going to open fire regardless. It’s kind of hard to see who is assassinating who in a fraction of a second.

> 2533274880633045;4:
> > 2533274939354123;1:
> > Cue fancy music
> > Fancy British voice
> >
> > Hello everyone I am MatthewDK2001 and I will be your host today welcome to postapocalypse we will be discussing the “Assassination Etiquette”
> >
> > The assassination etiquette is quite simple when someone is assassinating do not kill their victim unless he or she is under fire, and to the assassin do not -Yoink!- unless you are a punk -Yoink-
> >
> > This has Postapocalypse with your host MatthewDK2001 I hope you have a marvelous day
>
> I do my best to not intentionally yoink someone, but If I don’t see the animation start. I’m going to open fire regardless. It’s kind of hard to see who is assassinating who in a fraction of a second.

Lol I love it. A mods statement that includes the word yoink.
On topic yeah sometimes i will open fire if I don’t know who is getting killed. I hate it if I pull up and then find out I could have saved my teammate

I yoink only in arena, because you never know when the enemy can come around. You shouldn’t be assassinating in arena anyway.

> 2533274874616028;5:
> > 2533274880633045;4:
> > > 2533274939354123;1:
> > > Cue fancy music
> > > Fancy British voice
> > >
> > > Hello everyone I am MatthewDK2001 and I will be your host today welcome to postapocalypse we will be discussing the “Assassination Etiquette”
> > >
> > > The assassination etiquette is quite simple when someone is assassinating do not kill their victim unless he or she is under fire, and to the assassin do not -Yoink!- unless you are a punk -Yoink-
> > >
> > > This has Postapocalypse with your host MatthewDK2001 I hope you have a marvelous day
> >
> > I do my best to not intentionally yoink someone, but If I don’t see the animation start. I’m going to open fire regardless. It’s kind of hard to see who is assassinating who in a fraction of a second.
>
> Lol I love it. A mods statement that includes the word yoink.
> On topic yeah sometimes i will open fire if I don’t know who is getting killed. I hate it if I pull up and then find out I could have saved my teammate

In this case, it wasn’t the word filter though lol he was referring to the Yoink! medal of Reach.

OP, I agree with you. If someone is in the middle of assassinating someone, just let them be unless they’re in danger and you can actually stop the threat. But then again, why wouldn’t you just cover your teammate with fire instead of jacking his kill? I know a lot of people argue semantics with this topic especially saying “it’s not your kill, it’s the team’s kill” or “if you didn’t kill him yet he’s fair game”, but I think that’s a load honestly. If you’ve got someone in the assassination animation, you have a 99% chance of killing him unless somehow you’re killed before you can finish.

> 2533274875084332;6:
> I yoink only in arena, because you never know when the enemy can come around. You shouldn’t be assassinating in arena anyway.

And I would grief you after you yoinked me until you learned your lesson. What gives you the right to determine who should be doing what in what game mode? If it wasn’t meant for Arena, it’d be shut off by default. If there’s no immediate threat to the assassinator, you shouldn’t yoink them. That just makes you an entitled teammate.

> 2533274832376620;8:
> > 2533274875084332;6:
> > I yoink only in arena, because you never know when the enemy can come around. You shouldn’t be assassinating in arena anyway.
>
> And I would grief you after you yoinked me until you learned your lesson. What gives you the right to determine who should be doing what in what game mode? If it wasn’t meant for Arena, it’d be shut off by default. If there’s no immediate threat to the assassinator, you shouldn’t yoink them. That just makes you an entitled teammate.

I’ll do whats best for my team, and yoinking in arena is just that. Why waste 2-3 seconds which could be spent contributing to the match? Griefing just makes you immature, ironic considering you think it is ‘entitled’ for me to yoink in arena, when clearly you think you should be “entitled” to assasinate. The kill is still open to everyone, no point getting angry about it because you wanted to look cool.

What I hate is when you and your teammates are fighting a group of enemies in FF and you start assassinating a soldier or something, but instead of engaging the rest of the enemies because that one was just effectively immobilized (and soon to be killed) they try to steal your kill, which often leads to the deaths of everyone.

> 2533274875084332;9:
> > 2533274832376620;8:
> > > 2533274875084332;6:
> > > I yoink only in arena, because you never know when the enemy can come around. You shouldn’t be assassinating in arena anyway.
> >
> > And I would grief you after you yoinked me until you learned your lesson. What gives you the right to determine who should be doing what in what game mode? If it wasn’t meant for Arena, it’d be shut off by default. If there’s no immediate threat to the assassinator, you shouldn’t yoink them. That just makes you an entitled teammate.
>
> I’ll do whats best for my team, and yoinking in arena is just that. Why waste 2-3 seconds which could be spent contributing to the match? Griefing just makes you immature, ironic considering you think it is ‘entitled’ for me to yoink in arena, when clearly you think you should be “entitled” to assasinate. The kill is still open to everyone, no point getting angry about it because you wanted to look cool.

The entitled calling others entitled is ironic in itself. Being “entitled” to an assassination doesn’t make any sense. By fact, if I have someone locked into the assassination animation, I have already earned that kill. There is a 100% chance that upon completion of the animation that the kill will be granted to me and my team. So no, it’s not “open to everyone”. The kill has already been earned by the assassinator. And no, that’s not doing what’s best for the team. Don’t overstate your importance. If anything, intentionally yoinking players is a way to alienate your teammates and piss them off thus causing disarray resulting in loss of teamwork. So, ultimately, you’re actually hurting your team in the long run. Again, if the assassinator is not in immediate danger, your “heroics” of saving the team 2 seconds is completely futile.

Also, it’s not the yoinking itself that makes you entitled. It’s the fact that you think you have the right to ruin someone else’s fun (cough this is a video game after all cough) because you’re concerned about 2-3 seconds that wouldn’t have been used doing anything else besides walking anyway.

EDIT: Also, in my opinion, intentionally yoinking players because you have some inflated ego is a form of griefing in itself. So me getting back at you by griefing you back would be justified, not immature. And if me griefing you would be immature, then so wouldn’t intentionally yoinking my assassinations.

Mistakes are going to happen when the game is so quick paced. Team nades, team shots, bad callouts, whatever. That’s why many higher level players turn assassinations off. Unless it happens obviously and repeatedly there’s no need to get salty. Probably the best play I ever made was when I had snipe in top tower on Rig. My team mate was getting assassinated in bunker and I saved him with a head shot. Never got a thank you. Once on Mercy, under the waterfall, I mistakenly pistoled my team mate’s assassination victim. I immediately apologized, but he still betrayed me, and never responded to my after game, ‘sorry’ message. So much for etiquette.

Mine are always accidental, i will turn a corner and see the enemy first and pop them, if they are two shot then i will figure out they’re being assassinated and wont kill them

> 2533274832376620;8:
> > 2533274875084332;6:
> > I yoink only in arena, because you never know when the enemy can come around. You shouldn’t be assassinating in arena anyway.
>
> And I would grief you after you yoinked me until you learned your lesson. What gives you the right to determine who should be doing what in what game mode? If it wasn’t meant for Arena, it’d be shut off by default. If there’s no immediate threat to the assassinator, you shouldn’t yoink them. That just makes you an entitled teammate.

That is just the worst mentality to have. I would feel so bad for the other 2 teammates who have no idea why one of their own has gone rogue. I can only imagine their disappointment when they derank, because of it. Halo is a team game, it doesn’t matter who gets the kill, as long as your team got it, that’s good.

Some times in battle I don’t know who’s assassinating who so I normally get 2 shots in before I even notice.

> 2533274884686224;14:
> > 2533274832376620;8:
> > > 2533274875084332;6:
> > > I yoink only in arena, because you never know when the enemy can come around. You shouldn’t be assassinating in arena anyway.
> >
> > And I would grief you after you yoinked me until you learned your lesson. What gives you the right to determine who should be doing what in what game mode? If it wasn’t meant for Arena, it’d be shut off by default. If there’s no immediate threat to the assassinator, you shouldn’t yoink them. That just makes you an entitled teammate.
>
> That is just the worst mentality to have. I would feel so bad for the other 2 teammates who have no idea why one of their own has gone rogue. I can only imagine their disappointment when they derank, because of it. Halo is a team game, it doesn’t matter who gets the kill, as long as your team got it, that’s good.

I both agree and disagree. I agree with the fact that Halo is a team game, but I disagree that it doesn’t matter who gets the kill in this circumstance. If you don’t care about assassinations, that’s your right. But some people, like myself, do. I don’t care one bit if someone accidentally yoinks me or yoinks me to save me. I’m talking about intentional yoinking because a teammate has some superiority complex and needs to act like he’s a team leader so he ends up ruining someone else’s fun. Not to mention, I can use the “team game” excuse to fight your logic. If it’s supposed to be a team game, then why would a team mate do something to intentionally take away from a teammate? Let them have their fun. Instead of being such a try hard and intentionally trying to yoink EVERY assassination you come across in Arena, let it be. Because I promise that I am not alone in my way of thinking.

> 2533274939354123;1:
> The assassination etiquette is quite simple when someone is assassinating do not kill their victim

So if “someone” be an opponent and is assassinating my teammate, should I just stand there and watch too?

Wholeheartedly agree. I am still firmly of the belief that as soon as someone gets dragged into an assassination it should count the kill. That way yoinks can theoretically still be done, but credit for the assassination always goes to the assassin and it still counts the medal.

EDIT: A word.

> 2533274846307559;18:
> Wholeheartedly agree. I am still firmly of the belief that as soon as someone gets dragged into an assassination it should count the kill. That way yoinks can theoretically still be done, but credit for the assassination always goes to the assassin and still counts the medal.

NUFF SAID!

> 2533274846307559;18:
> Wholeheartedly agree. I am still firmly of the belief that as soon as someone gets dragged into an assassination it should count the kill. That way yoinks can theoretically still be done, but credit for the assassination always goes to the assassin and still counts the medal.

The ultimate solution. I don’t know why 343 hasn’t thought of this yet.