Assassination changes for Halo: Infinite

Everyone loves assassinations. They have been around since Halo: Reach. But in Halo 5, there have been some annoying things about them. So here are some changes I would like to see:

Stealing kills: I hate it when people steal your kills. I could be half-way through assassinating someone, but then some stupid teammate steals the kill. Even when I fully assassinate Warden Eternal, my team can STILL take the kill. So in Infinite, they should get rid of that feature.

Airssassinations: I don’t exactly get Airssassinations. I do them all the time, but I don’t get the medal for some reason. So, just a little fixes and there. You have a happy RedPandaRiot.

Previewing: In the customization lobby, you should see the animation for what the assassination looks like. Just a fun little feature.

There you have it. Lemme know what u think. :slight_smile:

Sounds good.

Kill stealing is always frustrating, but especially so during an assassination. However, the enemy’s team should still be able to kill you during an assassination, which is where it may get complicated. I don’t make games, so don’t know how complex it may be for the enemy team to still be able to damage you, but your team are unable to kill the enemy you’re assassinating.

Kill stealing in general is annoying. If they were to do anything about assassinations, I would want more variants. Halo 5 has one that involves a plasma grenade. I hope they implement more weaponry into the animations.

Example: Player 1 kicks the back of Player 2s knees, knocks them to the ground and shoots them in the head with a pistol.

I rather have more weapon based assinations, and i do like the preview idea. However I would like to continue with the kill stealing, adding new kill steal medals and have a return of the yoink

Stealing kills is supposed to be annoying. That’s why it earns the thief a Yoink medal in Halo Reach and why 343 i took that medal out of Halo 4 and 5.

Good suggestions, the first one though shouldn’t really be a thing. Assassinations are meant to be risky and not rewarding, they serve no purpose other than looking cool and I think they should stay that way. What I’d change in this regard is making assassination a different button/key completely, so that you don’t have the chance to make a mistake in the middle of the fight. Very easy on PC, may be hard on controller as I don’t recall if there are unused buttons. It should work on elite controllers though.

> 2535438497572695;1:
> Everyone loves assassinations. They have been around since Halo: Reach. But in Halo 5, there have been some annoying things about them. So here are some changes I would like to see:
>
> Stealing kills: I hate it when people steal your kills. I could be half-way through assassinating someone, but then some stupid teammate steals the kill. Even when I fully assassinate Warden Eternal, my team can STILL take the kill. So in Infinite, they should get rid of that feature.
>
> Airssassinations: I don’t exactly get Airssassinations. I do them all the time, but I don’t get the medal for some reason. So, just a little fixes and there. You have a happy RedPandaRiot.
>
> Previewing: In the customization lobby, you should see the animation for what the assassination looks like. Just a fun little feature.
>
> There you have it. Lemme know what u think. :slight_smile:

First, not everyone likes Assassination. I know a piles of people who will never have them on as it puts you at a disadvantage. So maybe they like them, but there’s no reason to do them. This said, I’ve been thinking that maybe there needs to be more of an incentive to do them. Not sure what that is but maybe it’s something like, if you kill a player with one, maybe they get an extra 3 seconds or something added to there respawn timer. I don’t know, just a thought, anyways…

Stealing kills - I think they should leave things as they are, but I have to agree with others here that they just should bring back the “yoink” medal.

Air Assassinations - I have no problems with.

Previewing - I agree 100% that they should have this feature. It’s a no brainier.

I also think that a player should be able to assassinate a player who is in the process of assassinating someone else :wink: There could also be a medal for this as it would be pretty rare I think. Heck, they could even have special assassinations for this too.

I also agree with Regice554 that there should be a few more weapons Assassinations too.

> 2535438497572695;1:
> Everyone loves assassinations. They have been around since Halo: Reach. But in Halo 5, there have been some annoying things about them. So here are some changes I would like to see:
>
> Stealing kills: I hate it when people steal your kills. I could be half-way through assassinating someone, but then some stupid teammate steals the kill. Even when I fully assassinate Warden Eternal, my team can STILL take the kill. So in Infinite, they should get rid of that feature.
>
> Airssassinations: I don’t exactly get Airssassinations. I do them all the time, but I don’t get the medal for some reason. So, just a little fixes and there. You have a happy RedPandaRiot.
>
> Previewing: In the customization lobby, you should see the animation for what the assassination looks like. Just a fun little feature.
>
> There you have it. Lemme know what u think. :slight_smile:

I agree with the previewing and there is nothing wrong with the air assassinations you’re just doing it wrong but, the stealing I don’t agree with. In instances like this that kill was mine, so I needed to steal it.

> 2533274815533909;7:
> > 2535438497572695;1:
> > Everyone loves assassinations. They have been around since Halo: Reach. But in Halo 5, there have been some annoying things about them. So here are some changes I would like to see:
> >
> > Stealing kills: I hate it when people steal your kills. I could be half-way through assassinating someone, but then some stupid teammate steals the kill. Even when I fully assassinate Warden Eternal, my team can STILL take the kill. So in Infinite, they should get rid of that feature.
> >
> > Airssassinations: I don’t exactly get Airssassinations. I do them all the time, but I don’t get the medal for some reason. So, just a little fixes and there. You have a happy RedPandaRiot.
> >
> > Previewing: In the customization lobby, you should see the animation for what the assassination looks like. Just a fun little feature.
> >
> > There you have it. Lemme know what u think. :slight_smile:
>
> First, not everyone likes Assassination. I know a piles of people who will never have them on as it puts you at a disadvantage. So maybe they like them, but there’s no reason to do them. This said, I’ve been thinking that maybe there needs to be more of an incentive to do them. Not sure what that is but maybe it’s something like, if you kill a player with one, maybe they get an extra 3 seconds or something added to there respawn timer. I don’t know, just a thought, anyways…

Correct, I don’t like assassinations, they interfere with the pace of the game and put you at risk without reward. Also the majority of them look ridiculous in Halo 5 because of the lack of blood imo. I would be happy if they were left out. Unless they’re quicker and reward you, and don’t look so ridiculous.

> 2592250499819446;9:
> > 2533274815533909;7:
> > > 2535438497572695;1:
> > > Everyone loves assassinations. They have been around since Halo: Reach. But in Halo 5, there have been some annoying things about them. So here are some changes I would like to see:
> > >
> > > Stealing kills: I hate it when people steal your kills. I could be half-way through assassinating someone, but then some stupid teammate steals the kill. Even when I fully assassinate Warden Eternal, my team can STILL take the kill. So in Infinite, they should get rid of that feature.
> > >
> > > Airssassinations: I don’t exactly get Airssassinations. I do them all the time, but I don’t get the medal for some reason. So, just a little fixes and there. You have a happy RedPandaRiot.
> > >
> > > Previewing: In the customization lobby, you should see the animation for what the assassination looks like. Just a fun little feature.
> > >
> > > There you have it. Lemme know what u think. :slight_smile:
> >
> > First, not everyone likes Assassination. I know a piles of people who will never have them on as it puts you at a disadvantage. So maybe they like them, but there’s no reason to do them. This said, I’ve been thinking that maybe there needs to be more of an incentive to do them. Not sure what that is but maybe it’s something like, if you kill a player with one, maybe they get an extra 3 seconds or something added to there respawn timer. I don’t know, just a thought, anyways…
>
> Correct, I don’t like assassinations, they interfere with the pace of the game and put you at risk without reward. Also the majority of them look ridiculous in Halo 5 because of the lack of blood imo. I would be happy if they were left out. Unless they’re quicker and reward you, and don’t look so ridiculous.

Okay, I get it!!! Geez…

I agree, once you’re in the assassination sequence its kind of dumb for someone to steal your kill, and as for they assassination preview i like it, you should be able to choose three or five animations before entering a match and then when you assassinate someone one of the three or five preset animations will randomly activate

> 2533274815533909;7:
> > 2535438497572695;1:
> > Everyone loves assassinations. They have been around since Halo: Reach. But in Halo 5, there have been some annoying things about them. So here are some changes I would like to see:
> >
> > Stealing kills: I hate it when people steal your kills. I could be half-way through assassinating someone, but then some stupid teammate steals the kill. Even when I fully assassinate Warden Eternal, my team can STILL take the kill. So in Infinite, they should get rid of that feature.
> >
> > Airssassinations: I don’t exactly get Airssassinations. I do them all the time, but I don’t get the medal for some reason. So, just a little fixes and there. You have a happy RedPandaRiot.
> >
> > Previewing: In the customization lobby, you should see the animation for what the assassination looks like. Just a fun little feature.
> >
> > There you have it. Lemme know what u think. :slight_smile:
>
> First, not everyone likes Assassination. I know a piles of people who will never have them on as it puts you at a disadvantage. So maybe they like them, but there’s no reason to do them. This said, I’ve been thinking that maybe there needs to be more of an incentive to do them. Not sure what that is but maybe it’s something like, if you kill a player with one, maybe they get an extra 3 seconds or something added to there respawn timer. I don’t know, just a thought, anyways…
>
> Stealing kills - I think they should leave things as they are, but I have to agree with others here that they just should bring back the “yoink” medal.
>
> Air Assassinations - I have no problems with.
>
> Previewing - I agree 100% that they should have this feature. It’s a no brainier.
>
> I also think that a player should be able to assassinate a player who is in the process of assassinating someone else :wink: There could also be a medal for this as it would be pretty rare I think. Heck, they could even have special assassinations for this too.
>
> I also agree with Regice554 that there should be a few more weapons Assassinations too.

3 seconds is a bit extreme, probably not too major in low levels but at high levels that’s gonna be a big issue IMO
<p></p>

I disable it and just melee beatdown from behind and so should everyone else . No animation and no time wasted then straight onto the next kill.

> 2533274880402739;12:
> > 2533274815533909;7:
> > > 2535438497572695;1:
> > > Everyone loves assassinations. They have been around since Halo: Reach. But in Halo 5, there have been some annoying things about them. So here are some changes I would like to see:
> > >
> > > Stealing kills: I hate it when people steal your kills. I could be half-way through assassinating someone, but then some stupid teammate steals the kill. Even when I fully assassinate Warden Eternal, my team can STILL take the kill. So in Infinite, they should get rid of that feature.
> > >
> > > Airssassinations: I don’t exactly get Airssassinations. I do them all the time, but I don’t get the medal for some reason. So, just a little fixes and there. You have a happy RedPandaRiot.
> > >
> > > Previewing: In the customization lobby, you should see the animation for what the assassination looks like. Just a fun little feature.
> > >
> > > There you have it. Lemme know what u think. :slight_smile:
> >
> > First, not everyone likes Assassination. I know a piles of people who will never have them on as it puts you at a disadvantage. So maybe they like them, but there’s no reason to do them. This said, I’ve been thinking that maybe there needs to be more of an incentive to do them. Not sure what that is but maybe it’s something like, if you kill a player with one, maybe they get an extra 3 seconds or something added to there respawn timer. I don’t know, just a thought, anyways…
> >
> > Stealing kills - I think they should leave things as they are, but I have to agree with others here that they just should bring back the “yoink” medal.
> >
> > Air Assassinations - I have no problems with.
> >
> > Previewing - I agree 100% that they should have this feature. It’s a no brainier.
> >
> > I also think that a player should be able to assassinate a player who is in the process of assassinating someone else :wink: There could also be a medal for this as it would be pretty rare I think. Heck, they could even have special assassinations for this too.
> >
> > I also agree with Regice554 that there should be a few more weapons Assassinations too.
>
> 3 seconds is a bit extreme, probably not too major in low levels but at high levels that’s gonna be a big issue IMO
> <p></p>

But the point is to give the player a reason to use the assassination animation. It’s high risk to use it now with zero reward, hence most people have it off in competitive play. I’m trying to make it so people would want to have it on in competitive play. Hence I said, maybe If you do to someone they’re out for an extra 3 seconds. Remember, it’s high risk as it is now to use, but in ranked, it’s much, much higher risk.

Otherwise I’d say why even bother having them in the game if they don’t do anything for you. Yes they look cool, but if 343I want to show Halo off more at a high level, they need to give a reason for a player to do them. Imagine the reaction of the The crowd when somebody gets assassinated or goes for the assassination and get killed doing it.

I don’t know, just saying is all.

> 2535438497572695;10:
> > 2592250499819446;9:
> > > 2533274815533909;7:
> > > > 2535438497572695;1:
> > > > Everyone loves assassinations. They have been around since Halo: Reach. But in Halo 5, there have been some annoying things about them. So here are some changes I would like to see:
> > > >
> > > > Stealing kills: I hate it when people steal your kills. I could be half-way through assassinating someone, but then some stupid teammate steals the kill. Even when I fully assassinate Warden Eternal, my team can STILL take the kill. So in Infinite, they should get rid of that feature.
> > > >
> > > > Airssassinations: I don’t exactly get Airssassinations. I do them all the time, but I don’t get the medal for some reason. So, just a little fixes and there. You have a happy RedPandaRiot.
> > > >
> > > > Previewing: In the customization lobby, you should see the animation for what the assassination looks like. Just a fun little feature.
> > > >
> > > > There you have it. Lemme know what u think. :slight_smile:
> > >
> > > First, not everyone likes Assassination. I know a piles of people who will never have them on as it puts you at a disadvantage. So maybe they like them, but there’s no reason to do them. This said, I’ve been thinking that maybe there needs to be more of an incentive to do them. Not sure what that is but maybe it’s something like, if you kill a player with one, maybe they get an extra 3 seconds or something added to there respawn timer. I don’t know, just a thought, anyways…
> >
> > Correct, I don’t like assassinations, they interfere with the pace of the game and put you at risk without reward. Also the majority of them look ridiculous in Halo 5 because of the lack of blood imo. I would be happy if they were left out. Unless they’re quicker and reward you, and don’t look so ridiculous.
>
> Okay, I get it!!! Geez…

Yep they are garbage for arena, all show no go as for stealing kills most game are about the team winning especially ranked, but if you turned off the animation you wouldn’t have thus problem

I would rather go back to assassinations having multiple default variations depending on the angle and the way of closing distance (+whether something special is equipped like energy sword or flag for example) as determining the factors for what sort of animation is the outcome like in Halo Reach rather than single chooseable assassination animation like in H5g but if Infinite still goes with 1 chooseable animation then animated preview would be improvement for that.

And im fine with people stealing assassinations for if im playing on a group it’s one way to cancel the animation & let teammate focus on approaching enemy instead of getting hit in the back so it sort of counterbalances savior in that regard.
Otherwise it’s the players own conscious risk to use long animation instead of quick punch in a competitive mode, there will always be those type of people who yoink others for fun.

I would love to see uninterruptible assassination except by the enemy team.

I would like to add two suggestions!

FPS assassination

and a better reover if saved by an assassination

helps with immersion

> 2533274829432487;18:
> I would like to add two suggestions!
>
> FPS assassination
>
> and a better reover if saved by an assassination
>
> helps with immersion

Fps assassination might be great.

> 2533274815533909;14:
> > 2533274880402739;12:
> > > 2533274815533909;7:
> > > > 2535438497572695;1:
> > > > Everyone loves assassinations. They have been around since Halo: Reach. But in Halo 5, there have been some annoying things about them. So here are some changes I would like to see:
> > > >
> > > > Stealing kills: I hate it when people steal your kills. I could be half-way through assassinating someone, but then some stupid teammate steals the kill. Even when I fully assassinate Warden Eternal, my team can STILL take the kill. So in Infinite, they should get rid of that feature.
> > > >
> > > > Airssassinations: I don’t exactly get Airssassinations. I do them all the time, but I don’t get the medal for some reason. So, just a little fixes and there. You have a happy RedPandaRiot.
> > > >
> > > > Previewing: In the customization lobby, you should see the animation for what the assassination looks like. Just a fun little feature.
> > > >
> > > > There you have it. Lemme know what u think. :slight_smile:
> > >
> > > First, not everyone likes Assassination. I know a piles of people who will never have them on as it puts you at a disadvantage. So maybe they like them, but there’s no reason to do them. This said, I’ve been thinking that maybe there needs to be more of an incentive to do them. Not sure what that is but maybe it’s something like, if you kill a player with one, maybe they get an extra 3 seconds or something added to there respawn timer. I don’t know, just a thought, anyways…
> > >
> > > Stealing kills - I think they should leave things as they are, but I have to agree with others here that they just should bring back the “yoink” medal.
> > >
> > > Air Assassinations - I have no problems with.
> > >
> > > Previewing - I agree 100% that they should have this feature. It’s a no brainier.
> > >
> > > I also think that a player should be able to assassinate a player who is in the process of assassinating someone else :wink: There could also be a medal for this as it would be pretty rare I think. Heck, they could even have special assassinations for this too.
> > >
> > > I also agree with Regice554 that there should be a few more weapons Assassinations too.
> >
> > 3 seconds is a bit extreme, probably not too major in low levels but at high levels that’s gonna be a big issue IMO
> > <p></p>
>
> But the point is to give the player a reason to use the assassination animation. It’s high risk to use it now with zero reward, hence most people have it off in competitive play. I’m trying to make it so people would want to have it on in competitive play. Hence I said, maybe If you do to someone they’re out for an extra 3 seconds. Remember, it’s high risk as it is now to use, but in ranked, it’s much, much higher risk.
>
> Otherwise I’d say why even bother having them in the game if they don’t do anything for you. Yes they look cool, but if 343I want to show Halo off more at a high level, they need to give a reason for a player to do them. Imagine the reaction of the The crowd when somebody gets assassinated or goes for the assassination and get killed doing it.
>
> I don’t know, just saying is all.

If it was harder to pull off an assassination I’d agree, but one button press is a long time to wait to respawn in competitive play. Maybe if some combo was needed I’d agree, but as someone who doesn’t like quick time events I’d be a bit opposed to this