Assassin animations/Join in session

i enjoy playing slayer game types but what i find is the join in session is stupid should be turned off i love Rumble pit and since CSR i do care about my rank but when i join into 10 point leads its a bit hard to catch up and it results in a loss of my CSR RANK today i was level 40 Rumble pit joined in 12 point lead lost that game then my 2nd game i was put into a 8 point lead and that shot me back down. Leave it off please 343

Assassin animations are dumb there have been times where i did not want the animation because i know it’ll give me away im not amused by them im not 12 years old i find them stupid and if anything takes away great vantage points also maybe have a turn off option for them or simply just take them out of the game.

Assassinations are easy to avoid; Just don’t hold down the melee button when you attack from behind. Very simple.

I for one love assassinations. They kinda remind me of the taunt kills from TF2 and also are pretty BA. There is nothing more satisfying than plunging a knife into your foes back while they are completely helpless.

I feel like a psycho after saying that, but it’s true.

As for JiP, I don’t think 343 could win either way. If it wasn’t in, then players would complain about 4v1 matches. Now that it’s in, players complain about being matched into games that are nearly finished or impossible to win.

Since halo 3 players were whinging for JIP. Admittedly they could have kept it an option, but i’m sure there was a highly logical reason why it wasn’t included, along with Bungie’s MM Filters.

As for animations, just tap B. Problem solved.

I think that the flack 343 gets for JIP is a bit much. It can be annoying to be joined toa helpless team, but maybe they could make it so that late-game JIPs don’t affect CSR.

As for assasinations, I defer to the previous statements of my fellow players. Tap, don’t hold.

Please use periods. I beg of you.

I’m a big fan of JIP - rubbish when it happens to you, but beneficial soooo much more often.

Glad I read this thread and found out about tapping B! Never knew… :slight_smile:

Assassinations are totally awesome! I never pass a chance to perform one.

My JIP opinion seems to be kind of shared - it’s good to exist but it’s bad to be penalizing players that get stuck into unwinnable matches, etc.

As far as assassinations, I only wish the window between “this is a tap” and “this is a hold” could be a few frames bigger. As awesome as they look to me and as lovely as the announcer guy’s voice is when doing it, I will NEVER want to perform one when there’s more than 2 people on the map. It’s like, “Here is my kill, please take it. Take me too while you’re at it.”

Don’t be so heavy on the melee button and you’ll just do a beat down, problem solved.

The only thing I wish were different about assassinations would be that you stay in first-person when you do them. The “victim” will still see it in the third person camera so that it still has that taunting factor to it.

> Don’t be so heavy on the melee button and you’ll just do a beat down, problem solved.
>
> The only thing I wish were different about assassinations would be that you stay in first-person when you do them. The “victim” will still see it in the third person camera so that it still has that taunting factor to it.

I find the first person approach in battlefield 3 is far more taunting, having your screen jerked backward only to see someone plunge a knife in your throat it humiliating. I think it would be more so in halo due to the personalized armor of other players. My opinion of course

> Assassin animations are dumb there have been times where i did not want the animation because i know it’ll give me away im not amused by them im not 12 years old i find them stupid and if anything takes away great vantage points also maybe have a turn off option for them or simply just take them out of the game.

I’m 41 and I love assassinations. Tell me, young scamp, what does age have to do with enjoying this aspect of the game.

Also, since you are not twelve it’s about time you learned some grammar basics such as capital ‘i’, using apostrophes in ‘im’ (should be I’m) and the occasional appropriate use of commas.

I think only friends of players in a game should be able to JIP (completely the opposite of how 343 have changed it), because of what the trailer about War Games they released a few months before last November said. The number of times I’ve started up Halo 4, got into an XBL party with my friends, they tell me there is a space on their team, I try to join, but some random already has.