assasination and spartan charge

Anyone else having a problem with sprinting, going in for an assassination, and doing a spartan charge instead or is it just me?

Yes. This is an issue.

Spartan charge is useless because even if you do it in someone it’s back, he still needs to be shot. The opponent can kill you while you still are in the animation after the impact.

It ruins the whole melee aspect of the game. When I’m sprinting and jump in the air. I do not wan’t to do a spartan charge when I see someone else jump at me. I wanna melee, and shoot them to finish the kill. Not charge them in mid air, then die as we both fall to the ground, and he rips me apart with his weapon.

A little trick I learned is to press the trigger (or whatever button you use to shoot) just before you melee. I learned this in Halo Reach when using the sword on an assassins creed style gametype, if you use the sword you lunge and very quickly press and hold the melee button you can assassinate someone from the sword lunge range.

Yeah. It’s pretty annoying.

I think Spartan charge should be the assassination animation for assassinating an enemy that is assassinating a friendly. (assassination cancelation) I did it last night and it was epic.

> 2533274868062286;1:
> Anyone else having a problem with sprinting, going in for an assassination, and doing a spartan charge instead or is it just me?

I think they should use the firing button or something else for the shoulder charge. Having 1 button perform 3 different actions while sprinting just can’t work and causes problems. The Melee/assassination combo works be cause you either tap it or hold it. Not much else you can do with 1 button so the shoulder charge tends to go off when you don’t want it to sometimes.

I have not seen too much melee action and even less assassinations. I think this is due to the assault rifle being able to kill somebody before they close the gap and because players risk doing a charge instead of melee. Charge can close the gap but let us more easily follow it up with a melee strike or assassination.

It should be a button combo… Simpler than anything else

> 2533274974936455;9:
> It should be a button combo… Simpler than anything else

Why would you revive this thread?

> 2533274974936455;9:
> It should be a button combo… Simpler than anything else

This thread is from January. Please do not revive old threads.