Ask yourself these things please.

Why are progression ranks visible, but skill ranks aren’t?

Are 343 and most casuals over sensitive to skill factor? If I were sensitive to people using progression ranks as bragging rights and e-pen stroking, would they take those away too? Aren’t they both informative and please both communities when visible?

Lastly, would you guys be fine with checking progression only through Waypoint and not seeing your competitor’s progression ranks. If you don’t care about any of this, then maybe we should ditch them all.

They are in.

It’s just that they ‘need stats and data’ for completing after the game’s release, which sounds like a beta test for the game’s cost. Not only that, once implemented it’ll only be visible on the place where 95% of the game’s population will not even bother to go see.

> They are in.
>
> It’s just that they ‘need stats and data’ for completing after the game’s release, which sounds like a beta test for the game’s cost. Not only that, once implemented <mark>it’ll only be visible on the place where 95% of the game’s population will not even bother to go see</mark>.

That’s what I don’t understand. How hard is it to make it visible when implemented? Hence why I asked the questions. They certainly have no problem with visible progression ranks.

Why are progression ranks visible, but skill ranks aren’t?

It’s the “thing” to do right now? Skill ranks might hurt the feelings of players who seemingly “don’t care” about them.(ridiculous, I know)

Are 343 and most casuals over sensitive to skill factor? If I were sensitive to people using progression ranks as bragging rights and e-pen stroking, would they take those away too? Aren’t they both informative and please both communities when visible?

Yes, but if they say they “don’t care” then why get mad when we ask for visible CSR? You said you don’t care for skill based rankings right? Why shouldn’t we have our ranking too? You don’t hear me say, “I don’t care about progression ranks, but it should only be on waypoint.”

Lastly, would you guys be fine with checking progression only through Waypoint and not seeing your competitor’s progression ranks. If you don’t care about any of this, then maybe we should ditch them all.

Some actually don’t care about either ranks, some would fly off the handle and feel the pain that the competitives do now.

> Why are progression ranks visible, but skill ranks aren’t?
>
> <mark>one measures time the other, skill</mark>
>
> Are 343 and most casuals over sensitive to skill factor? If I were sensitive to people using progression ranks as bragging rights and e-pen stroking, would they take those away too? Aren’t they both informative and please both communities when visible?
>
> <mark>it is visible. on waypoint. if it were important to you this small detail wouldn’t be gamebreaking. you still got what you want.</mark>
>
> Lastly, would you guys be fine with checking progression only through Waypoint and not seeing your competitor’s progression ranks.
>
> <mark>i dont see how thats a problem</mark>

It would be great to see what Halo would be like if they ditched ranking completely. Then everyone would be playing the game for the fun of it rather than to reach a higher number.

> It would be great to see what Halo would be like if they ditched ranking completely. Then everyone would be playing the game for the fun of it rather than to reach a higher number.

fun is subjective.