Ask me a Question

So I’ve been thinking about the Universe a lot lately, mostly due to a spin-off that I’m coming up with. And over the course of all of this, I’ve been starting to make up new lore for things never explained, or making things currently more interesting. So, here’s my thread idea:

Ask me any question about the lore, if it’s obscure give me some background or a link in Halo nation. If it’s common or something you’d like me to rewrite from current lore, well nothing to worry about. It can anything really, why did me make the Spartans the way we did? Why does the UNSC use traditional ballistic firearms like today rather than lasers or what not? What are some covenant sayings/idioms? Etc. Just throw it at me, and I’ll try to answer.

P.S. depending on the question, the response could be quick, or take time. Just realize that, and we should be good. Have at me!

EDIT: I will start answering my own “questions” as well, to have more for people to read.

Are they more tanks then scorpion grizzly and rhino and is there an APC (Aromred Personnal Carrier) ?

> 2535408730995228;2:
> Are they more tanks then scorpion grizzly and rhino and is there an APC (Aromred Personnal Carrier) ?

The armored tanks of the UNSC are more or less the best the UNSC has to offer. While there are teams working on new variants all the time, there is a very good reason these are the most used.
That being said, UNSC colonial armies often use different equipment than those of the UNSC marine core. An example of this is what many compare to 21st tanks, the UNSC Longhorn: smaller, only 2 treads, and a far more compact design. These particular tanks are used by the colonial army for urban environments for their compact design which means they take up less road and are more maneuverable because of it. Of course, Scorpions are still used by the colonial army when they need their extra fire power. But otherwise resort to the Longhorn and it’s counterparts.

As of armored transports, they are quite common actually. The UNSC marines use pelicans and falcons far more often than not, due to their speed and ability to get back to ships on their own, and are in no need of some medium to get there. Which means of course that their most common user is the UNSC colonial army. Seeing as they are less likely to be boarding ships and the like, they will often use APCs. The most commonly used Design, is the UNSC Armadillo. Uses heavy tires, Long armored Trailer, and and flat front to save space. They are very good at the job they are intended for, and can be often seen in convoys.
Also don’t count out the Police, they have many of these transports. Knowing that they tend to reuse military vehicles for their own work, they often time use them for swat transports, prisoner transports, and sometimes even for cash.

Thank you
Ps:The sending of an email when you answered a question that is an service

Why Does Kat in Halo Reach have a cybernetic arm when in the Haloverse there is flash cloning technology that allows us to clone organs and limbs?

The reason Kat has a robotic arm compared to having it replaced by a new flesh arm, is because she’s been augmented as a spartan. When flash cloning is done, it uses the genetics of the human in question to make the new parts. However, Kat was augmented, which means that flash cloning from her unaltered DNA would make her new limb a normal human arm, and not one comparable in strength to her Spartan Arm. So in order to have her replacement arm be at the same strength as her current one, they gave her a robotic one that can be set to the same level of power as she now as a spartan.

This problem however isn’t much of an issue per say when it pertains to internal organs, as many of the augmentations are for the brain and muscles, rather than say a stomach or liver. So flash cloning a new liver or stomach could be done if needed.

Is Masterchief, the Librarian, and the Didact in some way related? I’m curious about your answer because I’ve done my research and have my own conclusion but just want to know what you think.

> 2533274871914584;6:
> Is Masterchief, the Librarian, and the Didact in some way related? I’m curious about your answer because I’ve done my research and have my own conclusion but just want to know what you think.

Much speculation has been done over this, and the evidence has been hard to refute. As it stand, many believe that the Master Chief may contain the core memories of the Ur-Diadact, the one responsible for originally firing the Halo rings. A lot information supports this theory and If your reading this want to know more, simply look it up on youtube, Halo follower I think covered it once.

With the information provided, it’s to be assumed that yes, Master Chief may be in some way connected to these beings, however these connections may be superficial as they are at the moment. Unless something calls on these memories his DNA may contain, these connections may be nothing more than that, a connection. It’s more likely his bloodline was simply meant to carry information of Ur-Diadact until Humanity reached the Stars and the Forerunners again. These memories may contain some final wishes for their created, perhaps something entailed to Humanity. It is unknown if this will ever reveal anything. But unless there is other family in John’s bloodline, it is quite possible that these memories and/or messages, will be lost with him, as he will never have offspring. The only chance left is if these messages are unlocked at some point soon, while he’s still around. Otherwise they will be lost, and nothing will come of it.

> 2533274944987339;7:
> > 2533274871914584;6:
> > Is Masterchief, the Librarian, and the Didact in some way related? I’m curious about your answer because I’ve done my research and have my own conclusion but just want to know what you think.
>
>
> Much speculation has been done over this, and the evidence has been hard to refute. As it stand, many believe that the Master Chief may contain the core memories of the Ur-Diadact, the one responsible for originally firing the Halo rings. A lot information supports this theory and If your reading this want to know more, simply look it up on youtube, Halo follower I think covered it once.
>
> With the information provided, it’s to be assumed that yes, Master Chief may be in some way connected to these beings, however these connections may be superficial as they are at the moment. Unless something calls on these memories his DNA may contain, these connections may be nothing more than that, a connection. It’s more likely his bloodline was simply meant to carry information of Ur-Diadact until Humanity reached the Stars and the Forerunners again. These memories may contain some final wishes for their created, perhaps something entailed to Humanity. It is unknown if this will ever reveal anything. But unless there is other family in John’s bloodline, it is quite possible that these memories and/or messages, will be lost with him, as he will never have offspring. The only chance left is if these messages are unlocked at some point soon, while he’s still around. Otherwise they will be lost, and nothing will come of it.

I understand where you come from. This is what I have come up with.

The Halo franchise follows very closely to the Greek, Norse, and most of all Christianity. What I am implying is that the answer may be in the Bible (ik give me a second to explain).If you dont already know John 117 is actually a Bible quote: John 1:17- “For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.” Jesus Christ=Master Chief? I dont want to jump to conclusions yet but this seems close.

There are many Biblical references in the franchise, such as the Flood and Covenant, but I’m going to stick to the ones that may be relevant.If you read the book of Daniel, or just research the references, it is the story of Halo 2 and most of Halo 3.

There are also many many references to the Book of Revelations (mainly Reach and the Covenant civil war) and Isaiah (mainly Halo 3).I have only really researched this topic according to the original trilogy and reach and lore of that era, but I have started to with the Forerunner trilogy and the new era and am thinking that the Librarian may be the Holy Spirit or Mary as she came to John. If I am correct, and if John is Jesus, could that make the Didact, God? The Trinity states that Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and God are one, so John and Didact could be related in some way. If the librarian is Mary than she is the spouse of the Didact as Mary is God’s “wife” and they all would still be related.

As for the actually quotes I mentioned Bungie confirmed this as they use direct quotes from the bible and said its the point of it. If you look a lot deeper into the stuff I mentioned (and didn’t mention) you will see that each game follows the Bible, same for the lore. What is speculation and not confirmed is what i mentioned at the end. That is my analysis and has not been confirmed. Here is a link to one of my many sources

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_references_to_religion_in_HaloNo religious offense meant if youre not Catholic or Christian.

> 2533274944987339;5:
> Why Does Kat in Halo Reach have a cybernetic arm when in the Haloverse there is flash cloning technology that allows us to clone organs and limbs?
>
> The reason Kat has a robotic arm compared to having it replaced by a new flesh arm, is because she’s been augmented as a spartan. When flash cloning is done, it uses the genetics of the human in question to make the new parts. However, Kat was augmented, which means that flash cloning from her unaltered DNA would make her new limb a normal human arm, and not one comparable in strength to her Spartan Arm. So in order to have her replacement arm be at the same strength as her current one, they gave her a robotic one that can be set to the same level of power as she now as a spartan.
>
> This problem however isn’t much of an issue per say when it pertains to internal organs, as many of the augmentations are for the brain and muscles, rather than say a stomach or liver. So flash cloning a new liver or stomach could be done if needed.

It’s actually stated somewhere (and I’ll have to go hunting to find the source) that she just chose to keep the prosthetic. It wasn’t a matter of being incapable of flash cloning her arm - which they were capable of.

> 2533274944987339;7:
> > 2533274871914584;6:
> > Is Masterchief, the Librarian, and the Didact in some way related? I’m curious about your answer because I’ve done my research and have my own conclusion but just want to know what you think.
>
>
> Much speculation has been done over this, 1) and the evidence has been hard to refute. As it stand, many believe that the Master Chief may contain the core memories of the 2) Ur-Diadact, the one responsible for originally firing the Halo rings. A lot information supports this theory and If your reading this want to know more, simply look it up on youtube, 3) Halo follower I think covered it once.
>
> With the information provided, it’s to be assumed that yes, Master Chief may be in some way connected to these beings, however these connections may be superficial as they are at the moment. 4) Unless something calls on these memories his DNA may contain, these connections may be nothing more than that, a connection. It’s more likely his bloodline was simply meant to carry information of Ur-Diadact until Humanity reached the Stars and the Forerunners again. These memories may contain some final wishes for their created, perhaps something entailed to Humanity. It is unknown if this will ever reveal anything. But unless there is other family in John’s bloodline, it is quite possible that these memories and/or messages, will be lost with him, as he will never have offspring. The only chance left is if these messages are unlocked at some point soon, while he’s still around. Otherwise they will be lost, and nothing will come of it.

  1. There’s more speculation than evidence. Thus, logically speaking, it’s actually pretty easy to refute. If there’s a vacuum of actual, tangible evidence behind the theory, we should not treat it as “hard to refute” and as a “theory that’s actually likely the actual fact”.

  2. You mean Iso-Didact. He fired the rings. And out of the theories that exist, Iso-Didact having the geas is the supported one. Ur-Didact was the original, the one infected by an organic form of the flood’s Logic Plague by talking to the Gravemind face to face for an extended time - the one we see in Halo 4.

  3. Halo Follower is not a reliable source to be honest. They get a lot wrong. I may be biased, but I feel the same way about Halo Nation - Halopedia is the superior source of consistent, accurate information.

  4. That’s called a geas. That’s what there’s the most speculation about - does he have one? The most impressing pieces of evidence in favor of it deal with John showing from Halo CE to as recent as Halo 5 an apt ability to just “know” how to operate Forerunner technology (Cortana expresses extreme confusion when he does so for the first time in Halo CE - the light bridge on the second level). More accurately, what we do know is the Librarian carefully planted genetic markers in select humans to statistically sky rocket the chance of the Spartans, Dr. Halsey, and even Cortana being created at the right time in the right place of humanity’s future. Her gene planning enabled Halsey to be born, the Spartans to be born, and Cortana to be created. It was no guarantee, of course: but by a stroke of genius she managed to do it well enough.

> 2533274864701588;9:
> > 2533274944987339;5:
> > Why Does Kat in Halo Reach have a cybernetic arm when in the Haloverse there is flash cloning technology that allows us to clone organs and limbs?
> >
> > The reason Kat has a robotic arm compared to having it replaced by a new flesh arm, is because she’s been augmented as a spartan. When flash cloning is done, it uses the genetics of the human in question to make the new parts. However, Kat was augmented, which means that flash cloning from her unaltered DNA would make her new limb a normal human arm, and not one comparable in strength to her Spartan Arm. So in order to have her replacement arm be at the same strength as her current one, they gave her a robotic one that can be set to the same level of power as she now as a spartan.
> >
> > This problem however isn’t much of an issue per say when it pertains to internal organs, as many of the augmentations are for the brain and muscles, rather than say a stomach or liver. So flash cloning a new liver or stomach could be done if needed.
>
>
> It’s actually stated somewhere (and I’ll have to go hunting to find the source) that she just chose to keep the prosthetic. It wasn’t a matter of being incapable of flash cloning her arm - which they were capable of.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274944987339;7:
> > > 2533274871914584;6:
> > > Is Masterchief, the Librarian, and the Didact in some way related? I’m curious about your answer because I’ve done my research and have my own conclusion but just want to know what you think.
> >
> >
> > Much speculation has been done over this, 1) and the evidence has been hard to refute. As it stand, many believe that the Master Chief may contain the core memories of the 2) Ur-Diadact, the one responsible for originally firing the Halo rings. A lot information supports this theory and If your reading this want to know more, simply look it up on youtube, 3) Halo follower I think covered it once.
> >
> > With the information provided, it’s to be assumed that yes, Master Chief may be in some way connected to these beings, however these connections may be superficial as they are at the moment. 4) Unless something calls on these memories his DNA may contain, these connections may be nothing more than that, a connection. It’s more likely his bloodline was simply meant to carry information of Ur-Diadact until Humanity reached the Stars and the Forerunners again. These memories may contain some final wishes for their created, perhaps something entailed to Humanity. It is unknown if this will ever reveal anything. But unless there is other family in John’s bloodline, it is quite possible that these memories and/or messages, will be lost with him, as he will never have offspring. The only chance left is if these messages are unlocked at some point soon, while he’s still around. Otherwise they will be lost, and nothing will come of it.
>
>
> 1) There’s more speculation than evidence. Thus, logically speaking, it’s actually pretty easy to refute. If there’s a vacuum of actual, tangible evidence behind the theory, we should not treat it as “hard to refute” and as a “theory that’s actually likely the actual fact”.
>
> 2) You mean Iso-Didact. He fired the rings. And out of the theories that exist, Iso-Didact having the geas is the supported one. Ur-Didact was the original, the one infected by an organic form of the flood’s Logic Plague by talking to the Gravemind face to face for an extended time - the one we see in Halo 4.
>
> 3) Halo Follower is not a reliable source to be honest. They get a lot wrong. I may be biased, but I feel the same way about Halo Nation - Halopedia is the superior source of consistent, accurate information.
>
> 4) That’s called a geas. That’s what there’s the most speculation about - does he have one? The most impressing pieces of evidence in favor of it deal with John showing from Halo CE to as recent as Halo 5 an apt ability to just “know” how to operate Forerunner technology (Cortana expresses extreme confusion when he does so for the first time in Halo CE - the light bridge on the second level). More accurately, what we do know is the Librarian carefully planted genetic markers in select humans to statistically sky rocket the chance of the Spartans, Dr. Halsey, and even Cortana being created at the right time in the right place of humanity’s future. Her gene planning enabled Halsey to be born, the Spartans to be born, and Cortana to be created. It was no guarantee, of course: but by a stroke of genius she managed to do it well enough.

as for the part about halo nation i disagree because Bungie has backed up the religious basis of Halo however everything else seems legit lol. Thanks

Don’t use Halo Nation. Halopedia is 10x better.

> 2533274974597111;11:
> Don’t use Halo Nation. Halopedia is 10x better.

i use both

> 2533274871914584;12:
> > 2533274974597111;11:
> > Don’t use Halo Nation. Halopedia is 10x better.
>
>
> i use both

The religious allegories are just part of Bungie’s storytelling - they have a history of reusing plot devices, enemy designs/names, and information. A lot of Halo can be found in their previous games. The religious allegories have no tangible impact on the plot, but rather can make for a fun “reflection” of the Bible as a sort of storytelling device. The connections don’t somehow signify the Bible as being prophetic in the actual canon.

> 2533274864701588;13:
> > 2533274871914584;12:
> > > 2533274974597111;11:
> > > Don’t use Halo Nation. Halopedia is 10x better.
> >
> >
> > i use both
>
>
> The religious allegories are just part of Bungie’s storytelling - they have a history of reusing plot devices, enemy designs/names, and information. A lot of Halo can be found in their previous games. The religious allegories have no tangible impact on the plot, but rather can make for a fun “reflection” of the Bible as a sort of storytelling device. The connections don’t somehow signify the Bible as being prophetic in the actual canon.

There’s a meaning to this but I can’t completely understand it. Please explain.

> 2533274871914584;12:
> > 2533274974597111;11:
> > Don’t use Halo Nation. Halopedia is 10x better.
>
>
> i use both

Don’t bother using Halo Nation, or Halo Follower for that matter. Halopedia (as stated above) provides more accurate and consistent information. Not to mention a lot of the stuff on Halo Nation is based on speculation. Don’t even get me started on Halo Follower though, I gave up on them as a lore source when one of their people pronounced MJOLNIR as manure. A really good dedicated lore YouTube channel is Halo Canon.

> 2533274974597111;14:
> > 2533274864701588;13:
> > > 2533274871914584;12:
> > > > 2533274974597111;11:
> > > > Don’t use Halo Nation. Halopedia is 10x better.
> > >
> > >
> > > i use both
> >
> >
> > The religious allegories are just part of Bungie’s storytelling - they have a history of reusing plot devices, enemy designs/names, and information. A lot of Halo can be found in their previous games. The religious allegories have no tangible impact on the plot, but rather can make for a fun “reflection” of the Bible as a sort of storytelling device. The connections don’t somehow signify the Bible as being prophetic in the actual canon.
>
>
> There’s a meaning to this but I can’t completely understand it. Please explain.

Bungie likes to use pre-existing materials to make their stories. Halo has lots of allegory because it’s an easy way to make a “meaningful” narrative connection for players who do want to make a deeper connection. Likewise, most of the Covenant species as far as unit design goes are based off of enemies they had in the game Marathon. Destiny, too, shows a similar process of recycling previous materials for “new” content. It’s a pretty timeless practice for Bungie.

The point is, I wouldn’t read too much into the religious allegories - they mostly serve the original trilogy and do not really befit the entire EU or the new games/canon. The biggest argument you could make is that the Bible, in the Halo universe, was influenced by gene imprints of the Forerunner Empire still residing in some post-Array humans.

> 2533274864701588;9:
>

My Lore knowledge depth isn’t the up most best I will admit. But then there are people like you to correct me. I will ask though if you could find me the info regarding Kat’s Arm, I would like to know more.

Why does Humanity not have drone armies, robotic ally enhanced soldiers, or other commonly thought of military gear that we are seeing being developed today?

Humanity is going to initially go through everything like call of duty. With exo-skeletons and later on artificial augmentations like robotic limbs. Humanity will have super soldiers. However, with technology getting more advanced, so are hackers and small factions beginning to use their hackers to take over the systems of exos and implants, soldiers will be taken down by the very technology that brought them to power. Eventually, the loss and risk is so high, that they’ll return to more traditional soldiers without augs or exos, or at least far more simplistic ones, and rely on the man, who can’t be hacked. Soon the age of robotic soldiers will go away and eventually what we know as the Orion project will be made. A second attempt at Super Soldiers but rather than artificial augmentation, they are physical ones, genetic ones, augmentations that can’t be hacked. Plus, with larger processors in the future of the Halo universe, and the creation of smart A.I.s, technology won’t have to rely on a cloud for computing power, and so the locally processed armors and tech are less hack-able. And since this Augmented revolution is over, the Hacker as we know it, is a lot less common, so the tech of this century is just much safer.

> 2533274944987339;5:
> Why Does Kat in Halo Reach have a cybernetic arm when in the Haloverse there is flash cloning technology that allows us to clone organs and limbs?
>
> The reason Kat has a robotic arm compared to having it replaced by a new flesh arm, is because she’s been augmented as a spartan. When flash cloning is done, it uses the genetics of the human in question to make the new parts. However, Kat was augmented, which means that flash cloning from her unaltered DNA would make her new limb a normal human arm, and not one comparable in strength to her Spartan Arm. So in order to have her replacement arm be at the same strength as her current one, they gave her a robotic one that can be set to the same level of power as she now as a spartan.
>
> This problem however isn’t much of an issue per say when it pertains to internal organs, as many of the augmentations are for the brain and muscles, rather than say a stomach or liver. So flash cloning a new liver or stomach could be done if needed.

Wait so Halsey can get a new arm?!?! Scientist grunt will be so disappointed she hasn’t matured enough to spin delicious cocoon.

> 2533274905624999;19:
> > 2533274944987339;5:
> > Why Does Kat in Halo Reach have a cybernetic arm when in the Haloverse there is flash cloning technology that allows us to clone organs and limbs?
> >
> > The reason Kat has a robotic arm compared to having it replaced by a new flesh arm, is because she’s been augmented as a spartan. When flash cloning is done, it uses the genetics of the human in question to make the new parts. However, Kat was augmented, which means that flash cloning from her unaltered DNA would make her new limb a normal human arm, and not one comparable in strength to her Spartan Arm. So in order to have her replacement arm be at the same strength as her current one, they gave her a robotic one that can be set to the same level of power as she now as a spartan.
> >
> > This problem however isn’t much of an issue per say when it pertains to internal organs, as many of the augmentations are for the brain and muscles, rather than say a stomach or liver. So flash cloning a new liver or stomach could be done if needed.
>
>
> Wait so Halsey can get a new arm?!?! Scientist grunt will be so disappointed she hasn’t matured enough to spin delicious cocoon.

While apparently it’s actually been stated that she chose her new arm over her old organic one (i dunno why), yeah, Halsy could have a new arm if someone would just give it to her.