Ashes- Halo: Reach Original Soundtrack (Piano Cover)

Hey everyone! I’m not too regular here as I’m a pretty active member of the Xbox.com Reach forums, but nevertheless, I wanted to share this with you.

After a couple months of hard work, I finally got up the courage to record myself playing Ashes from the Halo: Reach OST on piano. I’ve gotten nothing but positive feedback thus far, and wouldn’t mind seeing what you forum goers here at the 343 forums have to say!

So, without further ado, HERE is the link to the video.

I appreciate any feedback, positive or negative, that you guys and girls here might want to share.

Thanks everyone! I look forward to hearing your opinions! Happy gaming!

Very nice, will you be doing other songs?

> Hey everyone! I’m not too regular here as I’m a pretty active member of the Xbox.com Reach forums, but nevertheless, I wanted to share this with you.
>
> After a couple months of hard work, I finally got up the courage to record myself playing Ashes from the Halo: Reach OST on piano. I’ve gotten nothing but positive feedback thus far, and wouldn’t mind seeing what you forum goers here at the 343 forums have to say!
>
> So, without further ado, HERE is the link to the video.
>
> I appreciate any feedback, positive or negative, that you guys and girls here might want to share.
>
> Thanks everyone! I look forward to hearing your opinions! Happy gaming!

That was incredible. I’m so thankful you worked up the courage to record it, because you did an absolutely bang-up job on it!

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/news/blog/ashes-halo-reach-ost-on-piano/44676

Very cool, I love stuff like this!

Superb.

> That was incredible. I’m so thankful you worked up the courage to record it, because you did an absolutely bang-up job on it!
>
> http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/news/blog/ashes-halo-reach-ost-on-piano/44676

Oh my! I can’t even describe how happy and excited I am that you’d put this on the front page of the website! Thank you so much!

Thanks to everyone else who’s viewed it as well! I REALLY appreciate all of the support! And to answer an above poster’s question, yes, I do plan on doing more Halo songs. I work on other songs at the same time though, so it might be a while. I’m thinking of doing “Finish The Fight” from the Halo 3 soundtrack next, but we’ll see what happens.

Again, thank you everyone!

Very nice.

good stuff man keep it up. You take requests?

Bravo, do a cover of unforgotten. Your playing is brilliant

> Bravo, do a cover of unforgotten. Your playing is brilliant

Much appreciated!
As a matter of fact, I did learn Unforgotten (Never Forget from Halo 3) some time ago. But then I stopped working on it, forgot about it, and forgot how to play it :frowning: That’s a very good idea though.

I’m currently working on Finish The Fight from Halo 3. We’ll see how that goes, and then maybe I’ll get back on Unforgotten. Seeing as how that IS one of the most beautiful songs I’ve ever heard, let alone one of the best Halo songs.

I was actually thinking about doing the EXACT same thing! You scare me! It would be wierd for me to try and mirror you now :stuck_out_tongue:

But well done, the deeper part of this can be tricky at times :smiley:

I can also play One Final Effort, I may upload it one day…