As veteran, competitive player: sprint is fine

As a vetern competitive player I just want to briefly address some threads going around about sprint: speak for yourself.
Sprint is fine, it opens up new mechanics like sliding, and along with stablize, thrust and clamber, adds immense new depth to halo.

Its important to remember that sprinting isn’t without its drawbacks, you don’t regen and (unlike previous titles with sprint) you can’t shot.

If you don’t like sprint, I can see where you’re coming from and you’re entitled to your archaic opinion, but pls pls pls dont say its what “vetern competitive players want” when making your case.

You should of addressed this in the 800+ thread alive right now. You are not doing anything different than the 40 or so pages of people saying the same thing, just kind of taking space. Not to be rude. I’d love to go over my reasons, but I kind of already poured them into the other thread.

> 2533274838246015;1:
> As a vetern competitive player I just want to briefly address some threads going around about sprint: speak for yourself.
> Sprint is fine, it opens up new mechanics like sliding, and along with stablize, thrust and clamber, adds immense new depth to halo.
>
> Its important to remember that sprinting isn’t without its drawbacks, you don’t regen and (unlike previous titles with sprint) you can’t shot.
>
> If you don’t like sprint, I can see where you’re coming from and you’re entitled to your archaic opinion, but pls pls pls dont say its what “vetern competitive players want” when making your case.

Bad move dude.

Sprint is awesome, this is coming from and H2 and H3 player. If you hate it, your probably bad at H5

> 2535461287427665;2:
> You should of addressed this in the 800+ thread alive right now. You are not doing anything different than the 40 or so pages of people saying the same thing, just kind of taking space. Not to be rude. I’d love to go over my reasons, but I kind of already poured them into the other thread.

Not to be a -Yoink-, but I’m not interested in convincing people sprint is good or not. And im not gonna read through all of those threads and address each instance when frankly I don’t care enough. I really more than anything don’t want people to suggest players like myself agree with them to try and strengthen their argument.

Also, never feel like you’re gonna sound like a -Yoink-, friend. Frankness is appreciated.

Man to be honest, this topic has been hashed and rehashed multiple times on a dozen different threads. At this point, the devs have seen both sides of the argument, they’ll make their decision on whether or not it’s in halo 6, and we here on waypoint don’t need another sprint thread. You come off as wanting attention creating this thread, even if that wasn’t your goal.

> 2533274838246015;1:
> As a vetern competitive player I just want to briefly address some threads going around about sprint: speak for yourself.
> Sprint is fine, it opens up new mechanics like sliding, and along with stablize, thrust and clamber, adds immense new depth to halo.
>
> Its important to remember that sprinting isn’t without its drawbacks, you don’t regen and (unlike previous titles with sprint) you can’t shot.
>
> If you don’t like sprint, I can see where you’re coming from and you’re entitled to your archaic opinion, but pls pls pls dont say its what “vetern competitive players want” when making your case.

So, like the other 900 posts or so I’ve went through, what do these new mechanics do for you? Outside of reaching point A from point B, which had to have maps re-scaled to make it possible, you are cutting down your time to travel by a few seconds. Clamber is needed because of the reduction in jump height, thrust and slide add very little to the overall quality outside of giving you a semi-consistent chance to escape death.

If you took all of these new “mechanics” out of the game, would it still be playable? Would it still feel like a good Halo title for you? Being that your from the old days, I’d assume, probably wrong cause I’m trying to make a link here and that’s never a good thing on this forum, you might be more inclined to the old system?

The addition of items and moves and game play features such as these don’t feel like they weren’t mean to make the game fresh again, it just feels that since everyone else has this, and e-sports is getting a bigger share of the pie now, the FPS genre is begin more singular in what it offers even among different franchises. Wouldn’t Halo be breaking the mold by getting rid of mods, reqs, and sprint? It never seemed to have an issue then, but this wave of “change” kept coming and now…the game looks like Halo: 343i Edition, instead of actual Halo.

> 2533274838246015;1:
> As a vetern competitive player I just want to briefly address some threads going around about sprint: speak for yourself.
> Sprint is fine, it opens up new mechanics like sliding, and along with stablize, thrust and clamber, adds immense new depth to halo.
>
> Its important to remember that sprinting isn’t without its drawbacks, you don’t regen and (unlike previous titles with sprint) you can’t shot.
>
> If you don’t like sprint, I can see where you’re coming from and you’re entitled to your archaic opinion, but pls pls pls dont say its what “vetern competitive players want” when making your case.

I think people are fine with saying what “veteran competitive players want” as long as it’s reflected by the opinions of those on Beyond, who are also mostly veteran, competitive players.

Though I do have to question you reasoning considering you said Sprint opnens up mechanics like slide, as if slide can’t be implemented without sprint. At best, Sprint is unnecessary because it accomplishes nothing that can’t be done in a better way.

As a veteran, not competitive just good Halo player, sprint is fine, but Halo combat is more fun without it

> 2533274838246015;1:
> speak for yourself.

Irony

> 2533274882916138;4:
> Sprint is awesome, this is coming from and H2 and H3 player. If you hate it, your probably bad at H5

lol go post this on teambeyond.net(aka the new MLG forums). You’ll get ripped apart.

Aside from Thrusters, Stabilizers and maybe Ground Pound, the great Houdini would call Halo 5 Spartan Abilities the greatest illusion of them all.

This thread isn’t adding anything meaningful to the discussion.