As long as the DMR is God

This game will continue to suffer. It’s no fun going 10 and 20 with the lightrifle and then playing the exact same map with the exact same people but using the DMR this time and going 20 and 10.

The DMR has to be nerfed, and the Carbine has to be buffed. I thought the new forge maps would help cure the problem, but it is just as bad on the new maps.

Please 343, nerf the DMR in your next title update. Otherwise this game will be too frustrating to continue playing.

The DMR kills map movement so freaking bad…

Leave the Carbine as-is.
Nerf the aim assist on the DMR.
Nerf the aim assist on the BR.
Nerf the flinching power of the DMR.
Nerf the firing rate of the DMR.
Preferably, remove flinch altogether.

Suddenly, balance.

The problem isn’t that the Carbine is an 8 shot kill. The problem is you need godlike aim for the carbine but the other rifles are easy as -Yoink- to use.

DMR does not need to be nerfed. It takes 5 shots to the head to kill while the BR takes 4. The carbine shoots the fastest of them all for the quickest kill if you can use it. And the light rifle is just as good as the DMR at both long and short range. It all depends on the player who shoots.

To the dmr users that are going to come here and say “it’s fine”

> DMR does not need to be nerfed. It takes 5 shots to the head to kill while the BR takes 4

Not five posts into the thread and people are ALREADY getting their facts wrong.

No wonder people think the DMR is balanced, they are ignorant of the actual stats on the weapons.

> DMR does not need to be nerfed. It takes 5 shots to the head to kill while the BR takes 4. The carbine shoots the fastest of them all for the quickest kill if you can use it. And the light rifle is just as good as the DMR at both long and short range. It all depends on the player who shoots.

What? No… Both the DMR and BR kill in five shots. However, the BR is at quite a disadvantage, since you need to land the three bullets of a burst five times to get the kill, which doesn’t happen often. Since some of the bullets will miss, the BR will often become a 6 or even 7 shot weapon in typical gameplay. The DMR, however, being a deadly accurate weapon, will more often than not kill an enemy in 5 shots.

To prove the OP’s point even more, I’ll give a scenario of an amazing game that happened to me today. I was playing CTF on Simplex and, get this, not one single person had a DMR in their loadout. The game felt amazingly balanced and fun, since fights ended up being won or lost based on how the player was playing. Somebody had an Assault Rifle in close range? They won. Some guy was better at aiming with his BR than the other guy? He won. There was none of this insane DMR destruction that plagues Halo 4.

Actually with the BR and it might depend on settings but with the BR you only need to land 4 full bursts and only need 1 shot out of the fifth for the kill the dmr is an exact need 5 headshots. I do think reducing the fire rate could change the dmr alot it just shoots so much faster then the br light rifle the carbine might shoot faster but those extra 3 shots makes a big difference

Change the BR to four shot. Cut down the zoom on the dmr to make map movement possible. Carbine I believe should be a six shot. Light Rifle keep it the same.

> Actually with the BR and it might depend on settings but with the BR you only need to land 4 full bursts and only need 1 shot out of the fifth for the kill the dmr is an exact need 5 headshots. I do think reducing the fire rate could change the dmr alot it just shoots so much faster then the br light rifle the carbine might shoot faster but those extra 3 shots makes a big difference

Oh, that’s possible. Either way, the BR is a 5-shot kill, yet it often takes more than 5 shots to get the kill. I agree, the DMR needs to shoot slower to make it balanced.

1. Reduce aim assist/magnetism on the DMR

2. Buff the fire rate of the BR and LR (hip fire) to be the same as the DMR.

3. Reduce the shots to kill of the Carbine by 1.

4. Either buff the LR zoom to be the same distance as the DMR or reduce the DMRs zoom to be the same as the LRs.

Or instead of all of that, make the DMR a 6sk.

No reason to change the BR to 4sk… it kills plenty fast as it is at the moment. It may not be superior to the DMR at longer distances but it is on 4 vs 4 scale maps, so is the Light Rifle and Carbine, and the Carbine can kill faster than all of them if used right.

> No reason to change the BR to 4sk… it kills plenty fast as it is at the moment. It may not be superior to the DMR at longer distances but it is on 4 vs 4 scale maps, so is the Light Rifle and Carbine, and the Carbine can kill faster than all of them if used right.

While the zoomed light rifle can kill faster than the DMR, it’s very tough to hit all four shots zoomed faster than a DMR is spamming you with 5 quick shots.

I just hate having to get two shots on a DMR user before he turns around in order to stand a chance at winning.

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWaDwsGb1c0&t=2m33s

Thanks for that video. I had a feeling that there was something was wrong with the Spartan Laser in Halo 4. Thanks for clearing that up.

Oh, one more thing. The DMR is fine. It does what it’s meant to do. Highly accurate hence the word, marksman. By the way, ND3STRUCT1BLE, if you don’t like the DMR so much, then why is it most used weapon?

> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWaDwsGb1c0&t=2m33s
>
> Thanks for that video. I had a feeling that there was something was wrong with the Spartan Laser in Halo 4. Thanks for clearing that up.
>
> Oh, one more thing. The DMR is fine. It does what it’s meant to do. Highly accurate hence the word, marksman. By the way, ND3STRUCT1BLE, if you don’t like the DMR so much, then why is it most used weapon?

It’s my most used weapon, because it was obviously the easiest to use. I mastered it a long time ago and haven’t used it since. Now I’m working on the rest of the UNSC weapons and completed the master for all the loadouts. I’m stuck with the lightrifle and can’t get any kills cause of how many people overuse that weapon. I just think it’s cheap to use after you’ve already mastered it which I’m sure tons of people do.

> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWaDwsGb1c0&t=2m33s
>
> Thanks for that video. I had a feeling that there was something was wrong with the Spartan Laser in Halo 4. Thanks for clearing that up.
>
> Oh, one more thing. The DMR is fine. It does what it’s meant to do. Highly accurate hence the word, marksman. By the way, ND3STRUCT1BLE, if you don’t like the DMR so much, then why is it most used weapon?

Sigh* If you really watched the DMR part you would know… also it has more bullets than the LR and BR (being 14) and having a crazy fast ROF (QUICKER THAN THE BR) which allow you to spam the trigger until the opponent is dead.

“It may not be superior to the DMR at longer distances but it is on 4 vs 4 scale maps”.

Please don’t. It is a fact that it is superior to the BR at all ranges.

Don’t buff the BR. Leave the BR’s reasonable killtime as the benchmark. It doesn’t bore people by taking hours and it still allows for strafing/whatnot to affect the outcome. The Carbine can kill more quickly, the DMR can kill much less quickly (since it’s obscenely accurate and has infinite range, along with plenty of red reticule range).

My personal decision would be as follows.

The Battle Rifle stays as it is.

The DMR is nerfed to a 7HK and fires slightly slower, while also slowing sprinters down much less. It would hit a Spartan five times at the same time a BR user could kill one, though it needs another two shots to get the kill. I think body shots would end up dropping someone in 11 shots, so you’d better not miss at the end.

The Carbine gets noticeably more ammunition in the clip and to start off with/total.

The Light Rifle needs another entire burst to kill unscoped, though it retains the same scoped power and it gets popped out of scope when the user is shot. Stability would not affect the Light Rifle.

Aim assistance/whatnot reduced for all weapons, and not just precision/loadout weapons. The Railgun is a huge offender, for example.

This would make the DMR still viable in CQC though only if you got two free shots on your opponent (perfectly possible with the huge range it has, even on maps like Haven and Adrift) while still keeping it a good option for Big Team though as it would no longer murder people before they can think of what to do to avoid it. It also doesn’t affect sprinters as much, given its obscene range and how much it affects Big Team games.

The Carbine I quite like, personally, I just think it needs a hell of a lot more ammo in the clip given it’s slow reload time and low clip. A clip size buff would do very well, with more total ammo to accommodate that.

The Light Rifle would be a ranged powerhouse though it couldn’t just sit there firing forever. It would be popped out of scope if shot. This also works well in CQC, as it would work in the user’s favour to get a scoped shot in before falling back to unscoped bursts. With the low aim assistance it has, it would also keep it in check at long range. In this way, the DMR and Light Rifle could succeed against each other depending on the users’ skills. The BR and Carbine could also keep a Light Rifle from destroying them by peppering them to keep them out of scope.

I don’t think that would be disastrous, unless I’m missing something critical.

Sorry for a long post, kind of went rambling there.

It has the longest range (nearly double that of the Carbine and BR), insanely quick reload speed, decent flinching, longest red lock on auto-aim bullet magnetism range, hitscan, second fastest time to kill of precision weapons, you never have to take bloom into account or lead your shots, and you only have to hit five shots to kill.

I find it baffling they made the longest ranged weapon have all these advantages over all other starting guns. It needs a damage, range, and rate of fire nerf. You can’t use the automatics any where near the range of the DMR or any other precision rifle. At long range against the DMR with any other weapon you might as well put down your controller because they are useless.

agree with all but 4, they already have the same 3x scope. it just the light rifle is orage and has a smaller reticle.

the game just plays better without the dmr and the boltshot. that is the truth.

> 1. Reduce aim assist/magnetism on the DMR
>
> 2. Buff the fire rate of the BR and LR (hip fire) to be the same as the DMR.
>
> 3. Reduce the shots to kill of the Carbine by 1.
>
> <mark>4. Either buff the LR zoom to be the same distance as the DMR or reduce the DMRs zoom to be the same as the LRs</mark>.

Guess they should bring back bloom then…

What, too soon?