As a new player to H5...

I’ve played every halo prior to 5 and just picked up a copy to give it a try. It seems there is a LOT to figure ot in your own. Any veteran tips? also how do you pick up the waypoint and halo app armors? Thanks in advance!

> 2533274843602892;1:
> I’ve played every halo prior to 5 and just picked up a copy to give it a try. It seems there is a LOT to figure ot in your own. Any veteran tips? also how do you pick up the waypoint and halo app armies? Thanks in advance!

Hi!

You may find the tips in this thread helpful.

Also, when opening req packs, open Silver till you only get req points then do the same with Gold packs.:relaxed:

> 2533274870717152;2:
> > 2533274843602892;1:
> > I’ve played every halo prior to 5 and just picked up a copy to give it a try. It seems there is a LOT to figure ot in your own. Any veteran tips? also how do you pick up the waypoint and halo app armies? Thanks in advance!
>
> Hi!
>
> You may find the tips in this thread helpful.
>
> Also, when opening req packs, open Silver till you only get req points then do the same with Gold packs.:relaxed:

I found that on average you’d get something permanent out of bronze packs 3 out of 4 times, and I’ve seen others post about the same chances. Meaning you’d be better off going with Bronzes first, then silvers and lastly gold packs. Unless of course they’ve changed it since I last played to where Bronze packs have literally no value anymore compared to Silvers.

• Play Warzone and the Campaign to get how the gameplay works without getting destroyed in team arena or slayer. - Play SWAT to get better at aiming - Play Slayer or Team Arena to get good at the game - Know your weapons. Know their advantages. Know their disadvantages. Know their range. Know Their damage. - Know the maps. Now since 343 are CONSTANTLY updating the maps and weapon layout as if Halo 5 is a MOBA then this might be a bit more difficult. - Work as a team. Halo 5 is very heavily dependent on teamwork and follow your players as they act as both meat shields and give you more support and give you the upper hand while going up against the enemy team. However I am generally a lone wolf and I do just fine on my own… - Watch videos of pros at the HCS and learn how they play and take tips.Now that I’ve given you advice on how to get good at the game I’m going to bring up some issues of Halo 5 that you should know beforehand without getting REALLY pissed off while discovering them for yourself.

• The servers are a mess. It’s not your internet connection it’s just that the servers are so -Yoink!- bad - The retrieving data bug is very common in the game and affects the UI, any of the Warzone gametypes, The file share and more. - There is a huge lack of content. Classic gamemodes like Oddball, KOTH, Juggernaut, VIP, Race, Dominion and Ricochet are all absent from matchmaking. Playlists like Team Objective and Rumble pit are no more. Oh, and if you think that is bad at launch we didn’t have : Infection, BTB, Grifball, A file share and FORGE. Yes, Forge was not in the game at launch. - Theatre is a broken mess. If you like to create clips and that kind of stuff via Theatre you should know what you’re getting yourself into. - Forge is REALLY good in Halo 5 however the controls have been vastly altered so it may take time to get used to them. - Armour customisation is at an all time low. Also all of your favourite armours are locked between an RNG and Microtransaction filled wall so you have to unlock your armour by hoping to get them out of +220 random armours and helmets through randomised packs. - The stroy is terrible. If you thought Halo 2 had a terrible story then think again my friend. I’m not going to spoil it for you but you should know most of this already considering how the games been out for over a year. - There are microtransactions in this game. No matter how desperate you may seem please DON’T BUY THEM. I spent a good bit of money on the Req packs and I regret it to this day.

> 2533274795123910;3:
> > 2533274870717152;2:
> > > 2533274843602892;1:
> > > I’ve played every halo prior to 5 and just picked up a copy to give it a try. It seems there is a LOT to figure ot in your own. Any veteran tips? also how do you pick up the waypoint and halo app armies? Thanks in advance!
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > You may find the tips in this thread helpful.
> >
> > Also, when opening req packs, open Silver till you only get req points then do the same with Gold packs.:relaxed:
>
> I found that on average you’d get something permanent out of bronze packs 3 out of 4 times, and I’ve seen others post about the same chances. Meaning you’d be better off going with Bronzes first, then silvers and lastly gold packs. Unless of course they’ve changed it since I last played to where Bronze packs have literally no value anymore compared to Silvers.

I’ve opened about 3 so far with no permanent so I’ve just been sticking to the silver’s.

> 2533274843602892;5:
> > 2533274795123910;3:
> > > 2533274870717152;2:
> > > > 2533274843602892;1:
> > > > I’ve played every halo prior to 5 and just picked up a copy to give it a try. It seems there is a LOT to figure ot in your own. Any veteran tips? also how do you pick up the waypoint and halo app armies? Thanks in advance!
> > >
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > You may find the tips in this thread helpful.
> > >
> > > Also, when opening req packs, open Silver till you only get req points then do the same with Gold packs.:relaxed:
> >
> > I found that on average you’d get something permanent out of bronze packs 3 out of 4 times, and I’ve seen others post about the same chances. Meaning you’d be better off going with Bronzes first, then silvers and lastly gold packs. Unless of course they’ve changed it since I last played to where Bronze packs have literally no value anymore compared to Silvers.
>
> I’ve opened about 3 so far with no permanent so I’ve just been sticking to the silver’s.

You enjoying it so far? Are you liking Warzone or Arena more? Personally, I’m an Arena guy.

Welcome, Spartan. There’s a big road to learning how to play, but it is for sure very enjoyable!

> 2533275000870778;4:
> - Play Warzone and the Campaign to get how the gameplay works without getting destroyed in team arena or slayer. - Play SWAT to get better at aiming - Play Slayer or Team Arena to get good at the game - Know your weapons. Know their advantages. Know their disadvantages. Know their range. Know Their damage. - Know the maps. Now since 343 are CONSTANTLY updating the maps and weapon layout as if Halo 5 is a MOBA then this might be a bit more difficult. - Work as a team. Halo 5 is very heavily dependent on teamwork and follow your players as they act as both meat shields and give you more support and give you the upper hand while going up against the enemy team. However I am generally a lone wolf and I do just fine on my own… - Watch videos of pros at the HCS and learn how they play and take tips.Now that I’ve given you advice on how to get good at the game I’m going to bring up some issues of Halo 5 that you should know beforehand without getting REALLY pissed off while discovering them for yourself.
> - The servers are a mess. It’s not your internet connection it’s just that the servers are so -Yoink!- bad - The retrieving data bug is very common in the game and affects the UI, any of the Warzone gametypes, The file share and more. - There is a huge lack of content. Classic gamemodes like Oddball, KOTH, Juggernaut, VIP, Race, Dominion and Ricochet are all absent from matchmaking. Playlists like Team Objective and Rumble pit are no more. Oh, and if you think that is bad at launch we didn’t have : Infection, BTB, Grifball, A file share and FORGE. Yes, Forge was not in the game at launch. - Theatre is a broken mess. If you like to create clips and that kind of stuff via Theatre you should know what you’re getting yourself into. - Forge is REALLY good in Halo 5 however the controls have been vastly altered so it may take time to get used to them. - Armour customisation is at an all time low. Also all of your favourite armours are locked between an RNG and Microtransaction filled wall so you have to unlock your armour by hoping to get them out of +220 random armours and helmets through randomised packs. - The stroy is terrible. If you thought Halo 2 had a terrible story then think again my friend. I’m not going to spoil it for you but you should know most of this already considering how the games been out for over a year. - There are microtransactions in this game. No matter how desperate you may seem please DON’T BUY THEM. I spent a good bit of money on the Req packs and I regret it to this day.

Follow what this guy said. And if you ever find your way into a game where you’re loading up and it just cuts to black once it’s done loading without the “5…4…3…2…1” thing, you’re in a Join In Progress match, and you are going to lose 80% of the time. Trust me, that’s been the case for me for the past month now.

Really start learning how to develop your game around Spartan Abilities… old fundamental Halo skills and techniques still strongly apply to H5, but you can learn a lot of really cool routes and and get around maps very quickly, even force greater opportunities for multi-kills if you learn things like the Boost-Slide and Stabilize Jumps.

Incorporate the Thruster Pack into your CQB/Mid-range game too. Use it to throw off opponents in the middle of a 1v1… timing is everything… and also, in close quarters to juke enemies. A thrust can make an enemy miss a beatdown, or can result in a quick back-smack if done correctly. Sometimes, you can blindly use a forward thrust to get up in the enemy’s face really quick and catch them off guard. There’s just a lot of little scenarios where you can use it to turn a fight in your favor.

Also Spartan Charge can be used as a forward thrust as well for a minor speed boost. It’s great on the initial rush for power items on map, especially following a Boost-Slide.

That’s not even really the half of it either… it just takes time to get familiar with the game and what your Spartan can do now. It’s really a great feeling once you start to really become proficient with the new abilities though, and the quick decision making that is involved in using them. Maybe you’re one-shot, running around a short cover piece and you’re desperately looking for a way to overturn the fight… Maybe you can jump up and clamber the cover piece and tee up a quick Ground Pound and complete demolish your pursuer and do it so quickly, they won’t know what hit them!

It’s little stuff like that that really makes H5 great IMO… the gunplay feels great and everything with the 60 fps gameplay, but there are just a lot of new ways your can shift the outcome of an encounter with quick thinking. You just really have to get the feel for the game and the maps and you’ll be a great player!

> 2533274883669557;6:
> > 2533274843602892;5:
> > > 2533274795123910;3:
> > > > 2533274870717152;2:
> > > > > 2533274843602892;1:
> > > > > I’ve played every halo prior to 5 and just picked up a copy to give it a try. It seems there is a LOT to figure ot in your own. Any veteran tips? also how do you pick up the waypoint and halo app armies? Thanks in advance!
> > > >
> > > > Hi!
> > > >
> > > > You may find the tips in this thread helpful.
> > > >
> > > > Also, when opening req packs, open Silver till you only get req points then do the same with Gold packs.:relaxed:
> > >
> > > I found that on average you’d get something permanent out of bronze packs 3 out of 4 times, and I’ve seen others post about the same chances. Meaning you’d be better off going with Bronzes first, then silvers and lastly gold packs. Unless of course they’ve changed it since I last played to where Bronze packs have literally no value anymore compared to Silvers.
> >
> > I’ve opened about 3 so far with no permanent so I’ve just been sticking to the silver’s.
>
> You enjoying it so far? Are you liking Warzone or Arena more? Personally, I’m an Arena guy.

bronze first

If you want to get to grips with the game without feeling overwhelmed or worrying too much that your letting down your side. Do the campaign on Heroic as a minimum or jump into Warzone or Warzone Firefight. I know these are team based games but because they’re so large you may feel a little less guilt about letting down your team because it’s such a large game mode. That’s what I do personally.
Also, take it slow. Don’t go running around. Since I stopped sprinting everywhere I’ve seemingly got alot better.

> 2533274883669557;6:
> > 2533274843602892;5:
> > > 2533274795123910;3:
> > > > 2533274870717152;2:
> > > > > 2533274843602892;1:
> > > > > I’ve played every halo prior to 5 and just picked up a copy to give it a try. It seems there is a LOT to figure ot in your own. Any veteran tips? also how do you pick up the waypoint and halo app armies? Thanks in advance!
> > > >
> > > > Hi!
> > > >
> > > > You may find the tips in this thread helpful.
> > > >
> > > > Also, when opening req packs, open Silver till you only get req points then do the same with Gold packs.:relaxed:
> > >
> > > I found that on average you’d get something permanent out of bronze packs 3 out of 4 times, and I’ve seen others post about the same chances. Meaning you’d be better off going with Bronzes first, then silvers and lastly gold packs. Unless of course they’ve changed it since I last played to where Bronze packs have literally no value anymore compared to Silvers.
> >
> > I’ve opened about 3 so far with no permanent so I’ve just been sticking to the silver’s.
>
> You enjoying it so far? Are you liking Warzone or Arena more? Personally, I’m an Arena guy.

Im definitely an arena guy too.War zone is fun but im terrible at it and get wrecked just about every match so ive only played a few matches. My favorite is definitely grifball though. Brings back some good nastalgia.

i didn’t play for 1 year but i’m back now, i’ve been playing warzone firefight to get back into it. you can add me if you want to play normal warzone with someone, i don’t play arena much
warzone may be more fun if you want to be a backup slave to someone or we can share vehicles

Here is what I have to say:

When it comes to REQs, stick with Bronze until you get a lot of the common permanent unlocks (Check by pausing, scrolling down to REQs, then collection, then customization or loadout, or something like that). Once you get a significant amount of commons, then move up to Silver packs until you get a significant amount of blues and greens, then move up to Gold. This works because you can get the most REQs from the cheaper packs, (With 10,000 you can get 5 from buying bronzes, 4 from silvers, and 2 from golds) and you get the most sellback value from the smaller packs. If you buy a bronze and sell everything, you are already almost back to another bronze. I also sell every non-permenant REQ that I am not comfortable with in Warzone (I don’t use mongooses, scout hogs, carbines, bolt shots etc. too often, so i sell them immediately).

Playing:
Stick to Warzone if you need REQ points or XP, or if you feel like relaxing (I prefer firefight so you don’t have to worry about people who buy REQs and stuff)
You can also do Fiesta which is up now, to boost weapon commendations if that is something you like to do.

> 2533274810779230;11:
> If you want to get to grips with the game without feeling overwhelmed or worrying too much that your letting down your side. Do the campaign on Heroic as a minimum or jump into Warzone or Warzone Firefight. I know these are team based games but because they’re so large you may feel a little less guilt about letting down your team because it’s such a large game mode. That’s what I do personally.
> Also, take it slow. Don’t go running around. Since I stopped sprinting everywhere I’ve seemingly got alot better.

Ive played the first few campaign levels on legendary as a warm up but am currently taking a break as the ai they choose as your team is pretty…special…lol they make soloing legendary so much fun…not haha

> 2533274833309866;13:
> i didn’t play for 1 year but i’m back now, i’ve been playing warzone firefight to get back into it. you can add me if you want to play normal warzone with someone, i don’t play arena much
> warzone may be more fun if you want to be a backup slave to someone or we can share vehicles

Lol sure whats your GT?

> 2533274843602892;15:
> > 2533274810779230;11:
> > If you want to get to grips with the game without feeling overwhelmed or worrying too much that your letting down your side. Do the campaign on Heroic as a minimum or jump into Warzone or Warzone Firefight. I know these are team based games but because they’re so large you may feel a little less guilt about letting down your team because it’s such a large game mode. That’s what I do personally.
> > Also, take it slow. Don’t go running around. Since I stopped sprinting everywhere I’ve seemingly got alot better.
>
> Ive played the first few campaign levels on legendary as a warm up but am currently taking a break as the ai they choose as your team is pretty…special…lol they make soloing legendary so much fun…not haha

To be fair, in past Halos you were all alone for the most part. While they can be stupid, they at least revive you and make good meat shields.

> 2533274843602892;15:
> > 2533274810779230;11:
> > If you want to get to grips with the game without feeling overwhelmed or worrying too much that your letting down your side. Do the campaign on Heroic as a minimum or jump into Warzone or Warzone Firefight. I know these are team based games but because they’re so large you may feel a little less guilt about letting down your team because it’s such a large game mode. That’s what I do personally.
> > Also, take it slow. Don’t go running around. Since I stopped sprinting everywhere I’ve seemingly got alot better.
>
> Ive played the first few campaign levels on legendary as a warm up but am currently taking a break as the ai they choose as your team is pretty…special…lol they make soloing legendary so much fun…not haha

Maybe, you shouldn’t take my advice. Had a few games today of Super Fiesta and just got battered. My K/D was only like one or two out but still. JESUS