Art director switched, info comng "very soon"

Another small info drop! I seem to be doing these more and more recently…

Sauce: Halo 4 Art Director Steps Down at 343 Industries - IGN

It seems Kenneth Scott decided to lay back a bit and forfeit his job as Art Director. He is now an Art Consultant in 343i, and his previous job was taken by, drumroll… Sparth! People who aren’t familiar with Sparth’s work should definitely look it up. Some of the best Halo concept art were his pieces.

On top of this, the Microsoft rep who informed of the switch was quoted to say “We can’t wait to share more details regarding the future of Halo very soon.”

VERY SOON!

Discuss!

EDIT: Here are some of Sparth’s Halo 4 pieces, scroll down: http://kotaku.com/5962410/halo-4-was-shaped-at-least-in-part-by-one-of-the-worlds-great-concept-artists?tag=halo

Please god…
Let this be a sign that the sanghelli will look like themselves again
Like they did in previous halo games

Please please please

I need my halo information, I’m getting the shakes!

[deleted]

> Please god…
> Let this be a sign that the sanghelli will look like themselves again
> Like they did in previous halo games
>
> Please please please

I don’t think it makes a difference really. He was one of the art designers on Halo 4, so either way, his direction will still be more or less the same.

Good news, though I’m sure most if not all of the Art decisions for Halo 5 are done by this point. That said, having news come “very soon” could mean many things. To me, “very soon” means before E3 2014, so that’s good.
Of course keep in mind that a Microsoft executive said that, and not a member of 343 Industries, so
“Soon” is a relative term. On the other hand, I’m sure it is Microsoft that tells 343i when and where they can show off their game, so I am excited!
On that note, when is the next major gaming event? I know more info doesn’t need to be tied to a specified event, but it’s our best bet.

Well, the Microsoft Spring Showcase is supposedly a year-on, year-off event and if it does happen again this year it’s a safe bet that that is when we will get our first look. If there is no MSS, we’ll have to wait till the GDC in March or Pax East in April. It is also possible that we’ll get an info drop at any random day, but I doubt Microsoft would just release it without hyping it up. It’s been a long time since we’ve seen an ARG and I think it would be a perfect fit to lead up to a Halo 5 reveal.

> Please god…
> Let this be a sign that the sanghelli will look like themselves again
> Like they did in previous halo games
>
> Please please please

You can see in his work he uses the new elite design.