Army building

Not to totally bash on anybody in this forum, but does anyone have any logic with building their army? I’m sure there’s a few people out there that think like me, but in the few multiplayer games that I’ve hopped into on Halo Wars I find people doing nothing but Scorpions or just air support and nothing else. I mean, where’s the logic in that? Granted, it is powerful, but it’s so cliche.

I usually start my army off with, of course, the warthog you start off with. Then, the first unit I train are Marines. I train up to 5 marine squads and then I may train a Spartan or two. Gradually, I train more and more units. Then I worry about vehicles. I generally lean towards air support, but I may build a Scorpion. In the middle of my army making process, I start researching upgrades for the units.

You see, I have a little bit of everything: Infantry, ground-based vehicles, and air vehicles. I actually think about what I want my army to look like. It seems like the people I’ve run into don’t think. Their logic is just to get the requirements and build a whole bunch of vehicles. :stuck_out_tongue:

If you think like I do, tell me how you start your army. And does it annoy anyone else if you run into people like I described in the post?

Usually having a really mixed army in team games is a bad idea. The only two units I ever mix is scorpions and wolverines because I find myself having to carry my brain-dead teammate(s) a lot.

Mixed armies are seen more in 1v1 games because more units are viable in that playlist.

Yeah, I’ve only played 1v1. And all the times I did play, I ran into all that mess. instant resign lol :stuck_out_tongue:

i laugh when i fight people that go all Bears or ODST’s, because they are so easy to counter

but all Hawks… that’s a formidable army for some reason, even with vampires or wolves

another thing; i see a lot of people who build a Vampire-only army…w-why??

I’ve recently started experimenting with the almighty elephant. With reinforcements and 20 fully-upgraded mobile barracks with four turrets when locked down, you can’t be beat. Seriously.

Well, when I’m building an army in a 1v1, I play with the intent of countering my opponent’s army. For instance, if I play against covie, I’ll make jackals to kill off the leader, because lots of the people I play against make the mistake of focusing too much on their leader. Then I try to vary my units so that the enemy can’t make a single type of unit to counter me. But this is really only advisable in 1s.

> I’ve recently started experimenting with the almighty elephant. With reinforcements and 20 fully-upgraded mobile barracks with four turrets when locked down, you can’t be beat. Seriously.

Wow. Does this actually work? I’ve seen a few generals using Spartan Elephants. Would like to try this.

Yes, it works especially well when you have Spartans helping you out. Your opponents will never expect to be faced with an elephant army, so they usually have no idea how to counter it.

> Not to totally bash on anybody in this forum, but does anyone have any logic with building their army? I’m sure there’s a few people out there that think like me, but in the few multiplayer games that I’ve hopped into on Halo Wars I find people doing nothing but Scorpions or just air support and nothing else. I mean, where’s the logic in that? Granted, it is powerful, but it’s so cliche.
>
> I usually start my army off with, of course, the warthog you start off with. Then, the first unit I train are Marines. I train up to 5 marine squads and then I may train a Spartan or two. Gradually, I train more and more units. Then I worry about vehicles. I generally lean towards air support, but I may build a Scorpion. In the middle of my army making process, I start researching upgrades for the units.
>
> You see, I have a little bit of everything: Infantry, ground-based vehicles, and air vehicles. I actually think about what I want my army to look like. It seems like the people I’ve run into don’t think. Their logic is just to get the requirements and build a whole bunch of vehicles. :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> If you think like I do, tell me how you start your army. And does it annoy anyone else if you run into people like I described in the post?

No, scorpions, warthogs, banshees, and vampires are overpowered compared to the other units.

It would depend on if your playing 1v1 or 2v2 or 3v3, this might work in 1v1 but in team you will get rushed and you wont be able to counter if you dont have an army out quick. i play 3v3 and i focus on building my main unit then also work on a secondary to counter my main’s weakness then work on a 3rd option while i’m battling so I can be ready to switch it up hopefully faster than my enemy does. Also depends on your team if they know what their doing or your the only one that seems to have a sense of urgency.

> > I’ve recently started experimenting with the almighty elephant. With reinforcements and 20 fully-upgraded mobile barracks with four turrets when locked down, you can’t be beat. Seriously.
>
> Wow. Does this actually work? I’ve seen a few generals using Spartan Elephants. Would like to try this.

I have done the 20 elephants as a late game troll, i wont work against anyone who is even half decent.

3 spartan elephants will work for the almighty ODST spam. you’ll need 3 bases for supplies but then you can spam ODST like hell, all they need to do is live long enough to fire their RPG’s then they die and you build another, rinse and repeat. keep yourself at 34 ODSTs and use global rally to get them to the battle, the shorter the move distance the better.

The only mixed force that is ever worth doing is Scorps and wolves, scorps and Hawx (Vs UNSC) and Hawx and wolves (Vs Covy). or the Covy equivalent for mid to late game, Hunters and Vamps (With mixed jackles if need be) but covy will typically just go banshees.