Armour locks a bit overkill?

I mean, the majority of armor unlocks are mostly commendations. Some of these are rather difficult as well (like Slayer Mastery or Splatter Mastery) depending on your play-style.

Now, it’s better than Reach’s Cr system, but is armor now too difficult to unlock?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Bumpity bump

You could look at it two ways.

Unlocking armour is now a longer, difficult process to make the satisfaction and sense of achievement greater.

Or

Unlocking armour is now a longer, difficult process to keep people playing the game for longer.

It really depends on your viewpoint and how you view grinding. Most of the challenges are fairly forgiving are will accrue naturally over the span of your playtime since they depend on stuff you’re likely to do. Some of them are an exercise in tedium though, like the assassination one for the venator set.

I think it was actually harder in Reach. You had to play tons and tons and tons of games to afford your cool baubles and bits.

Now it is as simple as playing a certain role in combat. All the different unlocks will just kind of happen on their own so long as you play in a nice variety of ways once in a while.

It is really easy to put yourself in a situation to rack up points for any commendations. Assists? Equip and AR and follow your team. Spray someones shield down and watch the Wingman medals come in. Splatters? play BTB. Easy. Assassinations? I find that KOTH is a good place for them.

I feel like this system works. Hell, in a sense you can tell a lot about a player just from knowing about their armor. I know that anyone rocking the normal Venator knows a thing or two about scoring assassination kills by now.

> You could look at it two ways.
>
> Unlocking armour is now a longer, difficult process to make the satisfaction and sense of achievement greater.
>
> Or
>
> Unlocking armour is now a longer, difficult process to keep people playing the game for longer.
>
> It really depends on your viewpoint and how you view grinding. Most of the challenges are fairly forgiving are will accrue naturally over the span of your playtime since they depend on stuff you’re likely to do. Some of them are an exercise in tedium though, like the assassination one for the venator set.

I guess. It also means that everyone will be wearing different armor.
I got the Ventor armor from a pre-order. It’s pretty cool

Not really difficult. More time consuming. And yes much better then reaches

I actually like it this way… I just wish instead of the Vehicle Destruction commendations, there were Vehicle Kill commendations. I’ve been absolutely dominating in the Mantis… but apparently that doesn’t matter. Just destroying other vehicles matters :frowning:

Considering there’s a specific helmet I want that needs the slayer mastery? I’m totally In love with this. Gives me a challenge to push me and keep me going. Already rank 30 and I’m feeling like I’m getting close to that unlock.

> I actually like it this way… I just wish instead of the Vehicle Destruction commendations, there were Vehicle Kill commendations. I’ve been absolutely dominating in the Mantis… but apparently that doesn’t matter. Just destroying other vehicles matters :frowning:

Dominating in the Mantis isn’t particularly hard.

Not that hard, I just got the splatter master.

This is definitely better than reach’s method of acquiring armor for reasons that already have been stated. And not all armor is unlocked by commendations.

Some of the commendations really just come on their own. I’m almost done assist expert, then it’s just a few hundred more. The slayer one comes on it’s own as well.

If one seems too difficult and you just want it for the unlock, play how you want to play until you’re tired of that or you’ve unlocked everything else, then change your playstyle to suit the commendation.