Armour Cores

I’m a little behind, can someone explain Armor Cores to me?
Are they just bases for you to put Armor Permutations on?

> 2535447979542749;1:
> I’m a little behind, can someone explain Armor Cores to me?
> Are they just bases for you to put Armor Permutations on?

We aren’t 100% sure yet but the consensus is they are different base armours that gear is locked to. So for example the Reach Armour Core will let you use Reach Armour, but not the Yoroi armour which is locked to the Yoroi Armour Core.

> 2607664605677189;2:
> > 2535447979542749;1:
> > I’m a little behind, can someone explain Armor Cores to me?
> > Are they just bases for you to put Armor Permutations on?
>
> We aren’t 100% sure yet but the consensus is they are different base armours that gear is locked to. So for example the Reach Armour Core will let you use Reach Armour, but not the Yoroi armour which is locked to the Yoroi Armour Core.

Thanks. I’m assuming it’s their so you don’t have an art style clash with armours.

> 2607664605677189;2:
> > 2535447979542749;1:
> > I’m a little behind, can someone explain Armor Cores to me?
> > Are they just bases for you to put Armor Permutations on?
>
> We aren’t 100% sure yet but the consensus is they are different base armours that gear is locked to. So for example the Reach Armour Core will let you use Reach Armour, but not the Yoroi armour which is locked to the Yoroi Armour Core.

I hope not. They claim there are literally millions of different armor combinations so I can’t see it being locked. I think core might be the undersuit like in MCC with GEN1 and GEN2.

> 2533274885506317;4:
> > 2607664605677189;2:
> > > 2535447979542749;1:
> > > I’m a little behind, can someone explain Armor Cores to me?
> > > Are they just bases for you to put Armor Permutations on?
> >
> > We aren’t 100% sure yet but the consensus is they are different base armours that gear is locked to. So for example the Reach Armour Core will let you use Reach Armour, but not the Yoroi armour which is locked to the Yoroi Armour Core.
>
> I hope not. They claim there are literally millions of different armor combinations so I can’t see it being locked. I think core might be the undersuit like in MCC with GEN1 and GEN2.

I as well hope the armor cores do not lock pieces of armor to certain cores, because as we have seen in recent gameplay and showcase, past armors/helmets are being restyled to fit infinites artistical direction. Which should allow any Halo armor new or old/restyled to fit with each other.

> 2533274885506317;4:
> > 2607664605677189;2:
> > > 2535447979542749;1:
> > > I’m a little behind, can someone explain Armor Cores to me?
> > > Are they just bases for you to put Armor Permutations on?
> >
> > We aren’t 100% sure yet but the consensus is they are different base armours that gear is locked to. So for example the Reach Armour Core will let you use Reach Armour, but not the Yoroi armour which is locked to the Yoroi Armour Core.
>
> I hope not. They claim there are literally millions of different armor combinations so I can’t see it being locked. I think core might be the undersuit like in MCC with GEN1 and GEN2.

As much as I want to think the same I can’t see it being the case as it would just be called Undersuit like in MCC. The only reason I can see behind cores are to ‘limit’ choice to objects which won’t clash (aesthetically or clipping).
There can still be millions of combinations within one core when you take into account coatings for example, and I would hope helmets are exempt from any core limits.