Armour coatings

Please have armour coatings for everyone colour combination(well maybe not every but good ones)because I really like my Spartan colour being black and yellow so🙏

Armor coatings are an awful idea, I’m really annoyed that colors have been monetized.

As long as they have a large amount of colors in the form of coatings immediately and freely available to any and all players upon launch? I really don’t care what they do.

> 2533274868663477;1:
> Please have armour coatings for everyone colour combination because I really like my Spartan colour being black and yellow so🙏

They won’t have every color combination for all armor coats, not with the current system.
Only solution is if they update the system to make armor coats color customizable.

> 2533274875412897;2:
> Armor coatings are an awful idea, I’m really annoyed that colors have been monetized.

Not every armour coating has been exclusively monetised. There will be plenty that are unlocked through challenges & the free BattlePass.

There will also be paid BattlePass unlocks and stuff in the store too. All optional purchases.
Using Microsoft Rewards you can easily get that stuff for free anyway to be honest.

> 2533274795123910;4:
> > 2533274868663477;1:
> > Please have armour coatings for everyone colour combination because I really like my Spartan colour being black and yellow so🙏
>
> They won’t have every color combination for all armor coats, not with the current system.
> Only solution is if they update the system to make armor coats color customizable.

:skull: mf they don’t need to have every single color combination in the universe when most of them aren’t even used??? and I’m pretty sure the live span of the game is enough to release hundreds of color combos with various textures and colors that weren’t even possible before…

> 2533274924310758;6:
> > 2533274795123910;4:
> > > 2533274868663477;1:
> > > Please have armour coatings for everyone colour combination because I really like my Spartan colour being black and yellow so🙏
> >
> > They won’t have every color combination for all armor coats, not with the current system.
> > Only solution is if they update the system to make armor coats color customizable.
>
> :skull: mf they don’t need to have every single color combination in the universe when most of them aren’t even used??? and I’m pretty sure the live span of the game is enough to release hundreds of color combos with various textures and colors that weren’t even possible before…

They definitely don’t need it, but it would be nice. It’s going to suck for a lot of players who likely will never see the colors they’ve been rocking since halo 2 in the game. It’s a net negative imo to lose thousands of possible combinations in order to game a couple hundred more unique combos. At the very least it sucks that this system was built to replace the old system instead of enhancing or evolving it.

I hope I find a coating to match my preferred layout, but they’ve yet to show one I like at all.

> 2533274924310758;6:
> > 2533274795123910;4:
> > > Please have armour coatings for everyone colour combination because I really like my Spartan colour being black and yellow so🙏
> >
> > They won’t have every color combination for all armor coats, not with the current system.
> > Only solution is if they update the system to make armor coats color customizable.
>
> :skull: mf they don’t need to have every single color combination in the universe when most of them aren’t even used??? and I’m pretty sure the live span of the game is enough to release hundreds of color combos with various textures and colors that weren’t even possible before…

sigh

If you’d be so kind as to first and foremost read the post I quoted, where the plea is to have an armor coat for every color combination, which I answered.

Now let’s move on shall we.
No, as I already said they won’t have a coat for every color combination because that would
A: Take a considerable amount of man power to create which is removed from elsewhere
B: be incredibly incompetent to first strip out a feature, add something new and then spend a hell lot more resources to “mimic” the removed feature with gameplay assets.
C: be idiotic to do as the amount of gameplay assets to shift through for the user is immense, we need just look at Halo 5’s armor collection and UI to realise that road is not favourable to the end user, i.e the player.
Armor coats being color customizable would aleviate all of those issues, allowing us, the users, to create to ourselves perfect color variants of the coats made available. Regardless of “only a few combos will ever be used”.

There may be a lot of unique coats, and we may potentially lack the color variation between them.
Or, there will be less unique ones, and they will between them have more variated color variants.

Furthermore, one danger in this current system is, “cool now, lame later”.
In order to sell more assets, newer cooler coats will be made available to drive sales up, leaving older ones in the dust, especially if they go the “unique coats” route.
Coats will undoubtedly make it into the game, probably in the hundreds, but even with these, there’s a high chance there’s some of them which at some point will stop see usage overall because newer and cooler ones have been released.

Lastly, “new textures and colors not even possible before” means little when they introduced new colors into Halo 5 with the emblem update, and this kind of skin color customization system has been seen before, look up Mechwarrior Online. The monetization in it isn’t the best but the customization system is top notch for a game its age.
Armor Coats could very well have been made color customizable, and they’d sell the patterns and materials, while we could be in charge of the coloring. They chose not to, at our expense, both figuratively and literally.

> 2533274868663477;1:
> Please have armour coatings for everyone colour combination because I really like my Spartan colour being black and yellow so🙏

do you even understand how many coatings that would be? lets say for every design that was in the flight which from what i can find using halo infinite news, a great fan site, there were 24 non-recruit coatings. now lets say they used halo 5’s color amount of 60 colors per slot, so to make every combination of JUST the flight coatings that would mean there needs to be 86,400 coatings (24x(60x60)) and thats only if they did combinations of first and secondary colors only. now for a single row scrolling UI there is no way its can hold that many.

also I would be surprised if halo infinite has even 4,000 coatings in 5 years. so the chances of you getting a pattern and color you like perfectly are incredibly tiny, of course people will always like some of them and thats fine, but the system would have been better if coatings only dictated pattern, metalness, roughness, wear&tear, and so on while letting us choose colors.

> 2533274847845259;9:
> > 2533274868663477;1:
> > Please have armour coatings for everyone colour combination because I really like my Spartan colour being black and yellow so🙏
>
> do you even understand how many coatings that would be? lets say for every design that was in the flight which from what i can find using halo infinite news, a great fan site, there were 24 non-recruit coatings. now lets say they used halo 5’s color amount of 60 colors per slot, so to make every combination of JUST the flight coatings that would mean there needs to be 86,400 coatings (24x(60x60)) and thats only if they did combinations of first and secondary colors only. now for a single row scrolling UI there is no way its can hold that many.
>
> also I would be surprised if halo infinite has even 4,000 coatings in 5 years. so the chances of you getting a pattern and color you like perfectly are incredibly tiny, of course people will always like some of them and thats fine, but the system would have been better if coatings only dictated pattern, metalness, roughness, wear&tear, and so on while letting us choose colors.

True but I just hope there is an armour coating for everyone

> 2533274868663477;10:
> > 2533274847845259;9:
> >
> > do you even understand how many coatings that would be? lets say for every design that was in the flight which from what i can find using halo infinite news, a great fan site, there were 24 non-recruit coatings. now lets say they used halo 5’s color amount of 60 colors per slot, so to make every combination of JUST the flight coatings that would mean there needs to be 86,400 coatings (24x(60x60)) and thats only if they did combinations of first and secondary colors only. now for a single row scrolling UI there is no way its can hold that many.
> >
> > also I would be surprised if halo infinite has even 4,000 coatings in 5 years. so the chances of you getting a pattern and color you like perfectly are incredibly tiny, of course people will always like some of them and thats fine, but the system would have been better if coatings only dictated pattern, metalness, roughness, wear&tear, and so on while letting us choose colors.
>
> True but I just hope there is an armour coating for everyone

I hope so too but personally I will just be wearing what ever default is till they let us choose colors.

The difficulty with the coatings is that it’s hard to make every single combination as well as new patterns (camo). The great thing is that they can keep releasing them as the game progresses. Things like Black+Yellow are well-known combos so I’m sure it won’t take long to show up in-game!

> 2533274868663477;1:
> Please have armour coatings for everyone colour combination(well maybe not every but good ones)because I really like my Spartan colour being black and yellow so🙏

You should be asking for the ability to make your own coating. Not begging 343 for a combination of colors, it’s sad.

343 has no business with literal “color combinations”. That’s your job my dude. The player should be choosing their own look.
Armor coatings are the biggest blow to player expression I’ve ever seen in any video game.

With all due respect, -Yoink- you 343. You’re not getting a dime until you fix this pathetic monetization.
Buying literal colors? Yikes.

> 2533274847845259;9:
> > 2533274868663477;1:
>
> do you even understand how many coatings that would be? lets say for every design that was in the flight which from what i can find using halo infinite news, a great fan site, there were 24 non-recruit coatings. now lets say they used halo 5’s color amount of 60 colors per slot, so to make every combination of JUST the flight coatings that would mean there needs to be 86,400 coatings (24x(60x60)) and thats only if they did combinations of first and secondary colors only. now for a single row scrolling UI there is no way its can hold that many.
>
> also I would be surprised if halo infinite has even 4,000 coatings in 5 years. so the chances of you getting a pattern and color you like perfectly are incredibly tiny, of course people will always like some of them and thats fine, but the system would have been better if coatings only dictated pattern, metalness, roughness, wear&tear, and so on while letting us choose colors.

No amount of likes could ever convey the truth in this post.

343 is smoking crack.

> 2535444395359788;14:
> > 2533274847845259;9:
> >
> > do you even understand how many coatings that would be? lets say for every design that was in the flight which from what i can find using halo infinite news, a great fan site, there were 24 non-recruit coatings. now lets say they used halo 5’s color amount of 60 colors per slot, so to make every combination of JUST the flight coatings that would mean there needs to be 86,400 coatings (24x(60x60)) and thats only if they did combinations of first and secondary colors only. now for a single row scrolling UI there is no way its can hold that many.
> >
> > also I would be surprised if halo infinite has even 4,000 coatings in 5 years. so the chances of you getting a pattern and color you like perfectly are incredibly tiny, of course people will always like some of them and thats fine, but the system would have been better if coatings only dictated pattern, metalness, roughness, wear&tear, and so on while letting us choose colors.
>
> No amount of likes could ever convey the truth in this post.
>
> 343 is smoking crack.

that’s actually a pretty cool idea about having the coatings be the pattern/details, and allowing the users to set primary/secondary colors.

> 2533274868663477;1:
> Please have armour coatings for everyone colour combination(well maybe not every but good ones)because I really like my Spartan colour being black and yellow so🙏

Wow. It’s 2021 and we have to ask politely to get black and yellow for our spartan…

I hope that I can download the campaign without multiplayer, there’s no way in hell I’m gonna play it with them pulling this kind of crap.

> 2533274812002202;16:
> > 2533274868663477;1:
> > Please have armour coatings for everyone colour combination(well maybe not every but good ones)because I really like my Spartan colour being black and yellow so🙏
>
> Wow. It’s 2021 and we have to ask politely to get black and yellow for our spartan…
>
> I hope that I can download the campaign without multiplayer, there’s no way in hell I’m gonna play it with them pulling this kind of crap.

you’d think that they’d let you download the parts individually with a link between them, much like CoD is doing now (god Warzone takes up so much space).

> 2533274812002202;16:
> > 2533274868663477;1:
> > Please have armour coatings for everyone colour combination(well maybe not every but good ones)because I really like my Spartan colour being black and yellow so🙏
>
> Wow. It’s 2021 and we have to ask politely to get black and yellow for our spartan…
>
> I hope that I can download the campaign without multiplayer, there’s no way in hell I’m gonna play it with them pulling this kind of crap.

It is heartbreaking. The campaign looks great and they’ve gotten old Bungie members back to ensure that the story and gameplay are good.

However, I’m not buying the campaign until they change the Armor Coating system.
I’m not going to tell you how to spend your money, but I can’t in good conscience give these money hungry freaks 60$ (and it’s funny, because this is the only thing keeping me from buying the campaign Day-1 and supporting their Battle Pass).

I’ll probably just watch Critikal play the campaign on stream lol.

> 2533274868663477;1:

Aye, black and yellow used to be my colors.

Yeah, I really don’t like the idea of armor coatings. The fact that it might take a while to find my color messes with my OCD lol.

> 2535436557871072;19:
> > 2533274868663477;1:
>
> Aye, black and yellow used to be my colors.
>
> Yeah, I really don’t like the idea of armor coatings. The fact that it might take a while to find my color messes with my OCD lol.

whats worse is say they make the perfect coating for you but its a daily item in the shop and you cant play the one day its there, you might not get the chance to get it for another few months maybe even a year.