Armour Abilities - Why?

Before you write this thread off as being another hate thread, this thread is a direct response to one of my other threads The Halo Horoscope - A Halo Survey.

In that survey 62% of all voters wanted AA. I then asked in that thread ‘why?’. No response.

I then asked for one good reason for as why AA should be ‘part of the core Halo experience?’ No response.

So now I’m asking here: Why/How have/should they become part of the core Halo experience?

Pros: 3

1.Variety
2.Make players adapt to new circumstances
3.Takes a certain about of skill to use and counter

Cons: 5

1.Imbalance
2.Can be frustrating
3.Can slow down gameplay
4.Difficult for designers to intricate into gameplay and remain fair/nearly always will be imbalanced
5.Could the time developing AA be used somewhere else more effectively?

> Before you write this thread off as being another hate thread, this thread is a direct response to one of my other threads The Halo Horoscope - A Halo Survey.
>
> In that survey 62% of all voters wanted AA. I then asked in that thread ‘why?’. No response.
>
> I then asked for one good reason for as why AA should be ‘part of the core Halo experience?’ No response.
>
> So now I’m asking here: Why? What benefit do they add to the game? Why do people want them? Who suffers without them? How do they make the game more fun?
>
> And most importantly: How have they become part of the core Halo experience?
>
> Give me a good reason - and they add more customisation does not count.

I think they are fun to use (I enjoyed them in Halo Reach but inbalance was an issue). And if they are pulled off well in Halo 4, they can be a nice addition.

But that’s my opinion.

Can’t wait to use the automated Turrent!

> > Before you write this thread off as being another hate thread, this thread is a direct response to one of my other threads The Halo Horoscope - A Halo Survey.
> >
> > In that survey 62% of all voters wanted AA. I then asked in that thread ‘why?’. No response.
> >
> > I then asked for one good reason for as why AA should be ‘part of the core Halo experience?’ No response.
> >
> > So now I’m asking here: Why? What benefit do they add to the game? Why do people want them? Who suffers without them? How do they make the game more fun?
> >
> > And most importantly: How have they become part of the core Halo experience?
> >
> > Give me a good reason - and they add more customisation does not count.
>
> I think they are fun to use (I enjoyed them in Halo Reach <mark>but inbalance was an issue</mark>). And if they are pulled off well in Halo 4, they can be a nice addition.
>
>
> But that’s my opinion.

Fun to use?

You’ve also given me a reason not to like AA as well.

Why is it good? Why is it bad?

It adds a new element to the game. This allows you to use new strategy that puts you ahead of your opponent in a way but allows your opponent to be ahead of you in different way.

So that’s it? 1 half-decent response and 1 troll.

<mark>I’ll tell you why people haven’t defended AA because there is no reason to have them in the game whatsoever. As a pick-up they’d work but not as a core Halo gameplay mechanic.</mark>

What a massive waste of development time.

I am still waiting for a reason and I still might revoke this statement.

> > > Before you write this thread off as being another hate thread, this thread is a direct response to one of my other threads The Halo Horoscope - A Halo Survey.
> > >
> > > In that survey 62% of all voters wanted AA. I then asked in that thread ‘why?’. No response.
> > >
> > > I then asked for one good reason for as why AA should be ‘part of the core Halo experience?’ No response.
> > >
> > > So now I’m asking here: Why? What benefit do they add to the game? Why do people want them? Who suffers without them? How do they make the game more fun?
> > >
> > > And most importantly: How have they become part of the core Halo experience?
> > >
> > > Give me a good reason - and they add more customisation does not count.
> >
> > I think they are fun to use (I enjoyed them in Halo Reach <mark>but inbalance was an issue</mark>). And if they are pulled off well in Halo 4, they can be a nice addition.
> >
> >
> > But that’s my opinion.
>
> Fun to use?
>
> You’ve also given me a reason not to like AA as well.

Yep, that’s what I think and you’re not going to change my mind about it.

I admit inbalance was an issue but if implemented properly in Halo 4, they can work.

Also it adds new gameplay elements to the game.

AA add another aspect to the game.
It’s like making B&W into Color.

> Before you write this thread off as being another hate thread, this thread is a direct response to one of my other threads The Halo Horoscope - A Halo Survey.
>
> In that survey 62% of all voters wanted AA. I then asked in that thread ‘why?’. No response.
>
> I then asked for one good reason for as why AA should be ‘part of the core Halo experience?’ No response.
>
> So now I’m asking here: Why? What benefit do they add to the game? Why do people want them? Who suffers without them? How do they make the game more fun?
>
> And most importantly: How have they become part of the core Halo experience?
>
> Give me a good reason - and ‘they add more customisation’ does not count.

i like to fly jetpack, and to set traps and surprise people camo, I like to move quickly sprint. Armor lock stinks.

> So that’s it? 1 half-decent response and 1 troll.
>
> <mark>I’ll tell you why people haven’t defended AA because there is no reason to have them in the game whatsoever. As a pick-up they’d work but not as a core Halo gameplay mechanic.</mark>
>
> What a massive waste of development time.
>
> I am still waiting for a reason and I still might revoke this statement.

You are asking for people’s opinions here. Wait for them to come; PATIENCE

> Can’t wait to use the automated Turrent!

EPIC TROLL FAIL! XD

> > So that’s it? 1 half-decent response and 1 troll.
> >
> > <mark>I’ll tell you why people haven’t defended AA because there is no reason to have them in the game whatsoever. As a pick-up they’d work but not as a core Halo gameplay mechanic.</mark>
> >
> > What a massive waste of development time.
> >
> > I am still waiting for a reason and I still might revoke this statement.
>
> You are asking for people’s opinions here. Wait for them to come; PATIENCE

Over 40 people voted for AA. Only 5 have come to defend that choice.

Like I said I am still waiting. I can understand in the campaign but not in MM the cons clearly outweigh the pros

AAs are like playing chess. The only difference is that your able to outsmart anyone with your pawn piece, as long as you use it correctly and on the right circumstance. People can get creative with their AA. They are fun and an interesting twist. It makes you think of many other situations.

I already know your not going to agree with me anyways, so not going into a long argument about it.

> > > So that’s it? 1 half-decent response and 1 troll.
> > >
> > > <mark>I’ll tell you why people haven’t defended AA because there is no reason to have them in the game whatsoever. As a pick-up they’d work but not as a core Halo gameplay mechanic.</mark>
> > >
> > > What a massive waste of development time.
> > >
> > > I am still waiting for a reason and I still might revoke this statement.
> >
> > You are asking for people’s opinions here. Wait for them to come; PATIENCE
>
> Over 30 people voted for AA. Only 5 have come to defend that choice.

They’re probably not on here yet, or maybe they haven’t noticed the thread because the title is misleading and thought it was a hate thread on AAs and decided that they shouldn’t get involved?

> AAs are like playing chess. The only difference is that your able to outsmart anyone with your pawn piece, as long as you use it correctly and on the right circumstance. People can get creative with their AA. They are fun and an interesting twist. It makes you think of many other situations.
>
> I already know your not going to agree with me anyways, so not going into a long argument about it.

Right finally a reasonable reason. 1 Pro for AA

> Why is it good? Why is it bad?
>
> It adds a new element to the game. This allows you to use new strategy that puts you ahead of your opponent in a way but allows your opponent to be ahead of you in different way.

Took the words right out of my mouth sir.

> > > > So that’s it? 1 half-decent response and 1 troll.
> > > >
> > > > <mark>I’ll tell you why people haven’t defended AA because there is no reason to have them in the game whatsoever. As a pick-up they’d work but not as a core Halo gameplay mechanic.</mark>
> > > >
> > > > What a massive waste of development time.
> > > >
> > > > I am still waiting for a reason and I still might revoke this statement.
> > >
> > > You are asking for people’s opinions here. Wait for them to come; PATIENCE
> >
> > Over 30 people voted for AA. Only 5 have come to defend that choice.
>
> They’re probably not on here yet, or maybe they haven’t noticed the thread because the title is misleading and thought it was a hate thread on AAs and decided that they shouldn’t get involved?

And even then people still don’t want to get evolved because they know it’s going to be pointless war. Also there have been many threads as the same exact title. I honestly didn’t feel like explaining myself again, but just did it anyways …

> > AAs are like playing chess. The only difference is that your able to outsmart anyone with your pawn piece, as long as you use it correctly and on the right circumstance. People can get creative with their AA. They are fun and an interesting twist. It makes you think of many other situations.
> >
> > I already know your not going to agree with me anyways, so not going into a long argument about it.
>
> Right finally a reasonable reason. 1 Pro for AA

1 pro is all you need as to why AA’s should stay. A lot of people here share this same view point about AAs. It’s just that if 343 can really balance the AAs against each other and also make them fun to use, AAs could very well be a valuable asset to Halo gameplay.

> > > > > So that’s it? 1 half-decent response and 1 troll.
> > > > >
> > > > > <mark>I’ll tell you why people haven’t defended AA because there is no reason to have them in the game whatsoever. As a pick-up they’d work but not as a core Halo gameplay mechanic.</mark>
> > > > >
> > > > > What a massive waste of development time.
> > > > >
> > > > > I am still waiting for a reason and I still might revoke this statement.
> > > >
> > > > You are asking for people’s opinions here. Wait for them to come; PATIENCE
> > >
> > > Over 30 people voted for AA. Only 5 have come to defend that choice.
> >
> > They’re probably not on here yet, or maybe they haven’t noticed the thread because the title is misleading and thought it was a hate thread on AAs and decided that they shouldn’t get involved?
>
> And even then people still don’t want to get evolved because they know it’s going to be pointless war. Also there have been many threads as the same exact title. I honestly didn’t feel like explaining myself again, but just did it anyways …

Because this is not a hate thread. This thread was designed to gather the opinions of those who want AA, as was my survey thread. I am not biased, I am looking at the data and drawing conclusions logically.

I have no idea.

I think it’s fairly obvious that the core FPS audience does not like games with powers in them.

Reach and H4 remind me so much of shadowrun, and that’s not a good thing.