Armour Abilities in h4

Reading through the Reach and Halo 4 forums I have noticed a repeating trend in the conversations, such as:

AA suck why would you put them in h4

Yay BR back DMR was rubbish

and so on…

But I have a few things to say about this. First off armour abilities, from all the information I’ve analysed it seems almost 100% confirmed that H4 will have some form of AA. Although I doubt they will appear in the same fashion. While many people hated armour abilities, more people like them (myself included), the only thing I had any real problem with was jet packs and people shooting me from above when I was trying to take cover, not armour lock okay. It wasn’t overpowered, it wasn’t n00by so get over it! I didn’t use it very much but I had no problem dispatching someone who was ROOTED TO THE SPOT. You just had to wait for them to emerge and if he had team mates guarding him just sit in cover with a plasma or frag ready. So yes I do hope they return with some slight fixes but I like them the way they are.

Second is the DMR, what’s with all the haters. I’ve played every Halo game since CE was released and in my opinion the DMR is just as good as the BR. But that’s besides the point; Frank has already said there ‘will’ be a human semi-auto weapon. So the DMR or a very good spiritual successor will make a return so deal with it.

Last of as a little note to all those who make these stupid Reach complaints and to 343 if they read this. The only reason everyone a majority of people on the forums are complaining is because all the hundreds more people who enjoy the features of Reach are actually ‘PLAYING THE GAME’! If you were to make things go right back to H3 style then you would have twice as many more people complaining about it being identical to H3 and not understanding why you listened to a few morons. Sure some of you are actually intelligent and you know who you are and i can respect if you want certain changes to the game. But in all honesty if you wan’t a H3 clone… GO PLAY H3!!

So I hope the armour abilities and DMR come back to H4 because I and many other people actually enjoy them.

Agreed.

I have played halo for a very long time now, and I would love to see AA’s back (a bit modified of coarse).

P.S. welcome to the forums!

well i hope 343 is smart enough not to listen to guys like this. its simple the guys that like reach are the guys still coming to this forum so yes we will have people that like AA’s. i work in retail and everyone i talk to about gaming says they stopped playing halo because of the AA’s. mainly armor lock and jetpack. hopefully my answer isnt even needed im sure 343 “gets it”. i could go on and on but i think 343 understands which halos were successful and which ones weren’t. just because there are people on reach right now that like vanilla reach doesnt mean there couldnt have been 3x as many if Reach didnt make all the mistakes it made.

I want armor abilities to come back, but as pick ups. However I never want to see Armor Lock again…

i don’t mind AA’s coming back. I just want them to be obtainable differently. Kind of how equipment were but re-usable and once someone picks it up and they die no one else can get it, you’ll have to wait for it to respawn or if that person trades it for something else. And armor lock has to go. it just slows the game down and gets everyone upset when sticking them and it peels right off.

Im sorry, but you have to see that you may think reach is great, but more than half the population left because it wasn’t halo gameplay.

You are supposed to start off even with everyone in the game, and usually when i make this point people say “They all start off equal, cause you could have chosen that loadout with that AA”, but that is complete crap, Halo has always been AR or BR starts and you would rush for power weapons, thats how it was played up until reach when they changed <mark>Halo’s core gameplay.</mark>

Halo 4 should have faster movement speed (Which would make sprint disappear.) and it should have Overshield and Invisibility orbs, that is it.

As for the DMR VS. BR arguement, i really have nothing wrong with the DMR, but when they took the BR out of reach (even though it was for story purposes) it disapointed alot of fans, including me, so im glad to see that my BR is back :slight_smile: .

and just as a sidenote, i would maybe like to see AA’s come back, but as a pick-up form, and when someone dies with it, no-one else can pick it up.

To be honest, unless 343 makes a Halo2.5 or a Halo3.5, the Halo series will go down the tube more than it already did with reach.

> Reading through the Reach and Halo 4 forums I have noticed a repeating trend in the conversations, such as:
>
> AA suck why would you put them in h4
>
> Yay BR back DMR was rubbish
>
> and so on…
>
> But I have a few things to say about this. First off armour abilities, from all the information I’ve analysed it seems almost 100% confirmed that H4 will have some form of AA. Although I doubt they will appear in the same fashion. While many people hated armour abilities, more people like them (myself included), the only thing I had any real problem with was jet packs and people shooting me from above when I was trying to take cover, not armour lock okay. It wasn’t overpowered, it wasn’t n00by so get over it! I didn’t use it very much but I had no problem dispatching someone who was ROOTED TO THE SPOT. You just had to wait for them to emerge and if he had team mates guarding him just sit in cover with a plasma or frag ready. So yes I do hope they return with some slight fixes but I like them the way they are.
>
> Second is the DMR, what’s with all the haters. I’ve played every Halo game since CE was released and in my opinion the DMR is just as good as the BR. But that’s besides the point; Frank has already said there ‘will’ be a human semi-auto weapon. So the DMR or a very good spiritual successor will make a return so deal with it.
>
> Last of as a little note to all those who make these stupid Reach complaints and to 343 if they read this. The only reason everyone a majority of people on the forums are complaining is because all the hundreds more people who enjoy the features of Reach are actually ‘PLAYING THE GAME’! If you were to make things go right back to H3 style then you would have twice as many more people complaining about it being identical to H3 and not understanding why you listened to a few morons. Sure some of you are actually intelligent and you know who you are and i can respect if you want certain changes to the game. But in all honesty if you wan’t a H3 clone… GO PLAY H3!!
>
> So I hope the armour abilities and DMR come back to H4 because I and many other people actually enjoy them.

Looking through your match history, I can see that you’ve barely touched Halo 3 at all and had no games in Halo 2 unless you’ve played another account before this one. The point is though that a lot of people who support Reach, have never really played the other Halos. They don’t understand why Reach is the ugly duckling of the bunch. If you played the other Halos as much as most of these “complaining” forum posters did, you’d understand why we don’t want Halo 4 to be like Reach. We want Halo 4 to be like Halos 1, 2 and 3, not just one game. Halo used to have a mold, that it fit but radically changed with each new addition to the series. Then Reach came along, it completely shattered this mold and made it’s own. We complaining fans want the old mold back, the mold that made Halo a great game.

> well i hope 343 is smart enough not to listen to guys like this. its simple the guys that like reach are the guys still coming to this forum so yes we will have people that like AA’s. i work in retail and everyone i talk to about gaming says they stopped playing halo because of the AA’s. mainly armor lock and jetpack. hopefully my answer isnt even needed im sure 343 “gets it”. i could go on and on but i think 343 understands which halos were successful and which ones weren’t. just because there are people on reach right now that like vanilla reach doesnt mean there couldnt have been 3x as many if Reach didnt make all the mistakes it made.

I, personally, would rather have 1/3 the potential population for reach and get a GOOD game that was a new halo experience, than me buying H3.5 with better graphics.

not saying anything about H4, but Reach was supposed to be a different halo experience. and it wasn’t a bad one. 343i is even using a modified Reach engine for the new game. and think about all the thing reach introduced into the series. but people forsake the game for a FEW things that they did not like. Unfortunately, that is going to happen with ANY game that comes out.

I work in retail too, and i meet some people that don’t like reach, solely because of AL and Sprint and Jetpack *(and active camo), but then they turn around and say something to the effect of “that’s why i like playing _______ instead”. lol. Meh. i play halo because this is the only shooter that works for me, and the one shooter that i grew up on. if one or two mechanics from a game in a series that you like/Love will make you DROP that series. i question whether you were a true fan in the first place.

some guests that i deal with DO like reach though, even if they DON’T like AL and Jetpack, or the other abilities, because they DON’T judge the game as a Halo game BASED on a few mechanics that are likely to change EVERY game. They base it on the fiction, and the aspects of Halo games that other series can’t take/or copy. Like being a Super soldier in the year 2553, and jumping over Speeding Worthogs, Saving earth and the UNSC on a daily basis, Flipping vehicles 5 times your size with the push of a single button, getting Stickies, running through an ENTIRE team FIRING at you to just get a single kill, and of Teabagging with a cod piece so you KNOW it hurts, exploring EPIC and vast new worlds, and uncovering the truth and an ancient supposedly dead civilization Light years more advanced than your own. <—Halo.

> > Reading through the Reach and Halo 4 forums I have noticed a repeating trend in the conversations, such as:
> >
> > Looking through your match history, I can see that you’ve barely touched Halo 3 at all and had no games in Halo 2 unless you’ve played another account before this one. The point is though that a lot of people who support Reach, have never really played the other Halos. They don’t understand why Reach is the ugly duckling of the bunch. If you played the other Halos as much as most of these “complaining” forum posters did, you’d understand why we don’t want Halo 4 to be like Reach. We want Halo 4 to be like Halos 1, 2 and 3, not just one game. Halo used to have a mold, that it fit but radically changed with each new addition to the series. Then Reach came along, it completely shattered this mold and made it’s own. We complaining fans want the old mold back, the mold that made Halo a great game.
>
> Your partially right with me hardly touching H3 and no H2. I never really got proper gold until a few weeks into Reach but I always had and still do have massive LAN parties on all the games. I did however play the games online a lot round friends houses for as long as I can remember and as for the whole mold idea. While you may be on the right track with the idea of a Halo mold I will have to say nay against that. Reach still fits the biggest requirements to be a great halo and some of the smaller ones and it has its own (good) way to play. Bungie and 343 have stated timje after time again that ‘they wan’t to keep the game Halo but make it original’. EVERY Halo plays differently and just because you and other people say it should be a H3 clone with some new limbs stuck on doesn’t mean it would turn out well. Every Halo should be built from scratch and feel different while retaining that kick -Yoink- sci-fi feel otherwise it would just be another Call of Duty (all they do is take the old game and make a new Campaign and throw some new stuff in MP).
>
> If ‘you’ wan’t the same continuous, unchanging thing over and over again with a new graphics and a few tweaks, go and play Call of Duty and stop trying to make Halo so bad.

> > well i hope 343 is smart enough not to listen to guys like this. its simple the guys that like reach are the guys still coming to this forum so yes we will have people that like AA’s. i work in retail and everyone i talk to about gaming says they stopped playing halo because of the AA’s. mainly armor lock and jetpack. hopefully my answer isnt even needed im sure 343 “gets it”. i could go on and on but i think 343 understands which halos were successful and which ones weren’t. just because there are people on reach right now that like vanilla reach doesnt mean there couldnt have been 3x as many if Reach didnt make all the mistakes it made.
>
> I, personally, would rather have 1/3 the potential population for reach and get a GOOD game that was a new halo experience, than me buying H3.5 with better graphics.
>
> not saying anything about H4, but Reach was supposed to be a different halo experience. and it wasn’t a bad one. 343i is even using a modified Reach engine for the new game. and think about all the thing reach introduced into the series. but people forsake the game for a FEW things that they did not like. Unfortunately, that is going to happen with ANY game that comes out.
>
> I work in retail too, and i meet some people that don’t like reach, solely because of AL and Sprint and Jetpack *(and active camo), but then they turn around and say something to the effect of “that’s why i like playing _______ instead”. lol. Meh. i play halo because this is the only shooter that works for me, and the one shooter that i grew up on. if one or two mechanics from a game in a series that you like/Love will make you DROP that series. i question whether you were a true fan in the first place.
>
> some guests that i deal with DO like reach though, even if they DON’T like AL and Jetpack, or the other abilities, because they DON’T judge the game as a Halo game BASED on a few mechanics that are likely to change EVERY game. They base it on the fiction, and the aspects of Halo games that other series can’t take/or copy. Like being a Super soldier in the year 2553, and jumping over Speeding Worthogs, Saving earth and the UNSC on a daily basis, Flipping vehicles 5 times your size with the push of a single button, getting Stickies, running through an ENTIRE team FIRING at you to just get a single kill, and of Teabagging with a cod piece so you KNOW it hurts, exploring EPIC and vast new worlds, and uncovering the truth and an ancient supposedly dead civilization Light years more advanced than your own. <—Halo.

That last paragraph was pretty much expressing why people love the flipside of Halo, I.E. the campaign. I’m one of those folks who will most certainly always care more about the campaign than the M.P., but there IS something that needs to be addressed with your opinion…

Core mechanics. I’m sure you’ve heard this a lot by now, but that’s why Reach is fair grounds to call out and make an example of. In Halo 2, they added hijacking and dual-wielding among other vague features. those didn’t hurt core mechanics because they were optional and weren’t mandatory to keep up with the flow of other players. You could be just as effective as anybody else in the match without dual-wielding a weapon or using a vehicle.

Likewise, Halo 3 introduced equipment. Again, this doesn’t hurt core mechanics because nobody -starts- with it. It, like the original double shield/camo pick-ups, was something you found on the field and utilized. In Halo 3, you could easily keep pace with other players without utilizing equipment.

Now, here’s where Reach can be called out: You are stuck with AA’s. You can deny it out your -Yoink- all you want, but when it comes down to it, you -HAVE- to use AA’s to keep up with other players in the match unless you’re already an extremely good player. There is no “option” to use them, because everyone starts with them. If you’re an average-skilled player, you will be blown away if you don’t utilize the AA of your choice. Something like that, which is forced upon a player’s shoulders, is changing core mechanics.

If Halo 4 backs off from that aspect among a couple others, it won’t be Halo 3.5. What I find frustrating is anybody who supports reach vehemently (and I respect that choice) say that “going back” makes the game Halo 3.5. Which is an utter falsehood, given that every Halo game before Reach only lightly iced the cupcake of awesomeness, whereas Reach overcomplicated and heavily decked the cupcake with too much icing.

It’s not going to be Halo 3.5, it’s not going to be Halo Reach 2.0. It’s going to be Halo 4. Things like AA’s should most definitely be reverted to an equipment-status, bloom sounds like it won’t necessarily be returning in its present condition in Reach, etc.

Yeah I love hearing that more people like AAs then dont. What a joke. Yeah you and the 10 other people still playing that garbage dump of a game like AAs The rest of the community left Reach shortly upon arrival. So please dont tell us to get over it, its annoying that the few people who actually like Reach are having an effect on what comes with H4…

Oh right that just happens to explain why there is at least 10,000 players on at any given time. I seem to remember H3 not getting that much attention. Think about the facts before you post next time.

Things I want to see in H4 MP:

A revamped Covenant Carbine
Sprint
Evade

> Things I want to see in H4 MP:
>
> A revamped Covenant Carbine
> Sprint
> Evade

Nice idea for the Carbine but I hope they bring in the Needle Rifle as well.

> > Things I want to see in H4 MP:
> >
> > A revamped Covenant Carbine
> > Sprint
> > Evade
>
> Nice idea for the Carbine but I hope they bring in the Needle Rifle as well.

Honestly, if they did it right, I’d take a Carbine over the BR