Armory/Cr/Commendations/Armor abilities

All of these were NEW to Halo. My question is why?

Was this Bungie testing to see how they would be received before using them in another game?

Will 343 continue with these?

Because Bungie wanted to put them in the game? There doesn’t have to be a deep, hidden meaning for everything they do.

the only thing they were truly testing was how much people cared about there actual character in campaign and also testing the waters on the space combat which was nice just wish there was multiplayer testing of it

> Because Bungie wanted to put them in the game? There doesn’t have to be a deep, hidden meaning for everything they do.

I didn’t say there was but it was a drastic change and if they already knew they were leaving Halo for new projects why would they implement such a change unless they wanted to see how the new set up was received.

I would be interested to see if 343 continues this or scraps the idea.

> > Because Bungie wanted to put them in the game? There doesn’t have to be a deep, hidden meaning for everything they do.
>
> I didn’t say there was but it was a drastic change and if they already knew they were leaving Halo for new projects why would they implement such a change unless they wanted to see how the new set up was received.
>
> I would be interested to see if 343 continues this or scraps the idea.

hope they scrap it and go back to XP system, even if 1-50 isnt visibal it would at least stop AFKing which has ruined firefight which is one of the few things I can enjoy in the game

> > Because Bungie wanted to put them in the game? There doesn’t have to be a deep, hidden meaning for everything they do.
>
> I didn’t say there was but it was a drastic change and if they already knew they were leaving Halo for new projects why would they implement such a change unless they wanted to see how the new set up was received.
>
> I would be interested to see if 343 continues this or scraps the idea.

Well, the armory was already implemented in Halo 3, just expanded on in Reach; most FPS’ use a ranking system similar to credits already; Commendations aren’t such a drastic step once you decide to use a credit-based ranking system (and again, many FPS’ have something similar); and AA’s are again, basically expanded versions of the equipment from Halo 3.

You could say why did they bother making Reach at all, if they knew they were leaving for other things.

> You could say why did they bother making Reach at all, if they knew they were leaving for other things.

I wouldn’t go as far to say why bother making Reach… It was in Bungie’s best interest to do so, it gave them a perfect opportunity to test features that they may want to use later…

Things like Space flight!